“Not much for kids~” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Not much for kids~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice place with a friendly, very professional staff. Didn't make it to the buffet, but the Hash House and Baby Cakes are both excellent establishments. The rooms were roomy with super comfy beds.... and one could take a bath and enjoy a spectacular desert view! The Casino was impressive, but since I've never been a gambler, it got me for not a penny! A major disappointment was the long distance (a $40 cab ride) to the strip, (also $40 to go to and fro the airport) ...and there was also the fact that this hotel offers absolutely nothing to do for kids. OK, I realize Vegas isn't for children, but we happen to have been there for the Ben & Jerry's Annual Franchise meeting and we had three kids in tow. There was an amazing pool on the property, but apparently it's only open to guests during the summer months. The spa is nice, but very expensive. All in all, if you have a car, (we did not), and no kids to entertain, this place is a good alternative; I, personally, would have opted to stay in a more family oriented place nearer to the action...

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

First time at M and loved it! Dined at Anthony's, Oyster Bar, Marinelli's, Baby Cakes and Hash House - all excellent meals with great customer service. Upgraded to a beautiful strip/pool view, however it could be noisy during a pool event. Cocktail service on the floor was a bit slow.

For nearby fun the Lion Habitat Ranch (aka The Cat House) is approx 1 mile away in Henderson. These are the former MGM Grand Hotel lions and the facility opened to the public Dec 2012. The facility is immaculate and currently has 40 lions and 7 cubs. Offering cub interactions, trainer for a day, private tours, etc. Admission is $20/adult with one free child (interactions extra $). Great fun & a wealth of lion education for adults & children.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had an opportunity to visit Vegas last month and chose the M Resort. It is nice place to stay, though WAY off the beaten path when it comes to the Vegas Experience. The room was nice, but not what it seemed on the web site. The restaurants are very expensive, and oddly convenient as you cannot really get to another place in under 20 minutes of driving.

The spa is very nice.

All in all I ended up checking out and going to the Bellagio. I thought it would be a quaint little place to stay and in the end cost myself a lot of time getting back and forth around town.

Overall, Vegas hasn't got out to that point yet and M Resort is ill placed among the big picture.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the strip, this place is out there and not convenient at all. If you are in Vegas the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The spa at this hotel is the best. The steam room is filled with the smell of eucalyptus making e lungs feel rejuvenated. The atmosphere is very Zen. The waiting area is small, quaint and comfortable. The staff are very accommodating from the minute you enter. I am a local and the M resort spa is my number one preference.

On another note the buffet is a little pricy but well worth it! There is a huge selection to choose from and envy thing is fresh.

I ate at hash house and the food was excellent!!!!!

Room Tip: This resort is about 15 minutes from the strip but they have a shuttle service to the strip if neede...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Torrence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I love the M resort. The staff is what won me over. Everyone was very polite and helpful. The staff made my elderly mother and I feel at home rather than a nuisance. The property is off the strip, which made it feel more comfortable with less hustle and bustle. I found out there was a gas station in the back of the resort which came in handy to fill up my car rental. My only suggestion to management is directed to the popular buffet line. As a hotel guest, it would have been nice to be able to use the buffet VIP line rather than the regular line.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Glendora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband love the M Resort Spa, & Casino, in Las Vegas, NV. It has been our hotel of choice when we visit the area. The rooms are beautiful, modern decor, front desk and valet staff are over the top fabulous. Always professional, always friendly, and always attentive. The buffet is over the top fabulous. This visit to the M Resort was a spontaneous trip. My husband and I decided to go to the M for The Superbowl game. I made our reservation Friday evening to arrive Sunday. I asked about Superbowl events in the hotel and was referred to the Ravallo lounge. Nice bar. Again, very accommodating staff. However, starting on Friday night, I tried to make reservations for a table, was told there would be a $200 minimum for our table of 4 which was ok. The person I spoke with transferred me to one of three people with the ability to make this reservation. After, leaving 3 messages for Devin, Bryan Doshal and Kevin Bravo I received no return calls. Even the front desk staff was unable to get a response. When we finally found someone to help us after our arrival on Sunday we were told t
that they were booked for the day. What a shock, it is after all the SUPERBOWL. I would have been ok if someone had given me the courtesy of calling me back. We would have then had the opportunity to make other arrangements. We'll come back to the M Resort because we really like the Resort. And we are disappointed at the lack of good customer service at the Ravallo.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed and played at The M Resort at least 30 times since the resort opened. The resort itself is beautiful, the restaurants are great and the rooms are very comfortable and modern. However, it's biggest draw is the resort's stellar customer service. From the front desk staff, to the bell desk, to the servers and bartenders, I challenge anyone to find a better, friendlier group of people in Las Vegas. I would especially like to call out bartenders Staci, Michelle, Rob, Nancy, Jaylou, Derek, Courtney and the entire gang. They remembered my name and drink from day one and truly care about their guests. If you haven't been to the M, you've been missing out on an exceptional experience. Plus, the gambling is great and the comps are some of the best in town. Fabulous!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room looking out on the strip...spectacular at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!