“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
HI
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is South of the Las Vegas Strip and is isolated from other casinos.
The room was really nice and luxurious. Check in staff person was really professional though I think that she forgot to provide us with bottled water.
Overall, the hotel is very clean and well worth the money if we are looking for a quieter Las Vegas experience. Plus, the Studio B Buffet is also a great restaurant with a huge variety of ethnic offerings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Sacramento, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

OK so the hotel itself probably deserves four or five stars. Gorgeous lobby, and awesome rooms.
Buffet was very good as well, long line but price includes beer and wine which is always fun. Casino floor was nice, small but nice.

WHat drags this hotel down is its distance from civilization, and the pool scene. Although it is allegedly only about 10 miles from the strip, it was an $80 (each way) cab ride for us. The "shuttle" system is so random that you wonder if they purposely devised a schedule to make it impossible to actually get to the strip. I like the idea of staying off the strip if you want to avoid the crowds but something like The Palms makes the strip totally accessable whether it's just dinner or a show and totally affordable in terms of cab fare. This was just tooo far.

All that aside, going on the assumption that you're staying at the M because you don't plan to visit the strip at all, the worst part of the experience then would be the pool scene. While the pool area is beautiful, the people...not so much. Apparently they have very good pricing for locals to get into the pool area and I would estimate that when we were there, there were about 50% locals, 50% visitors. I'm in Vegas several times a year and have stayed at many many different hotels and this pool scene had the weirdest vibe I've ever experienced. Seems like a lot of the locals knew eachother and a lot brought kids as well. I have kids & love kids but this was just weird. Something about a guy in a thong speedo roaming around by kids just felt....uncomfortable and I kinda just wanted it all to go away.

To sum up, BEAUTIFUL hotel, AWESOME rooms. If you are going purely to be out in the desert for a little R&R this may be your place. Just be prepared for a weird pool scene and a ride to and from the airport.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a strip view...it was beautiful but was just a reminder of where I wanted to be rathe...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My first stay here and it was outstanding! Rooms were large, clean and comfortable. I loved the oversized jacuzzi tub with the glass partition that looked out to the room. The dinner buffet was the best $25 I spent. So many choices, and beer and wine was included. The pool was already closed for the season but it looked amazing. The wine cellar was the hidden gem of this property. 160 bottles of wine by the glass! The cellar was like a nightclub with neon purple lights, comfy couches and great music. The spa was so luxurious! I had a fantastic massage and enjoyed the steam room and hot tubs. The cranberry pineapple tea is my new favorite refreshment. The fitness center was clean and well-stocked with water, towels and fruit. I don't have enough good things to say about this resort; I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great location and besides the beautiful outdoor pool,the Gym is a must visit.Its nice and clean.Free bottled water and fruits.I mean I always get me a banana for the Gym out there its part of the experience.

Room Tip: Their rooms have a great view and mostly sunny.I would choose a higher floor one for less A/C unit n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The M Spa is so AAHH! The staff is friendly and extremely considerate. The spa is beautiful and spotlessly clean. This is a great place to spend a wonderful, relaxing day! And there are discounts for locals.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hanover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here the weekend we got married. Beautiful Property, too bad the staff was misinformed on a few items. Pool was closed for a private party our first night there. Buffet was fabulous for the price but breakfast was a bit overpriced. Rooms were awesome; beds were very comfortable. I would go back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed at the M Resort after reading quite a few good reviews on this site and wanted to share a review of my personal experience. Below, I have broken up my review into individual categories so that readers of this review may focus on what is important to them.

*** Location ***

It should be no surprise that this hotel is located far away from the strip. This can be both good and bad. I viewed it in a positive fashion as it allowed me to get away from the (sometimes) overwhelming nature of the strip. Some may view the location in a negative fashion as you will more than likely need to rent a car if you plan on going anywhere outside of the hotel. There was mention in other reviews about a shuttle service. If such a service existed, I cannot comment on it as I rented a car. Even with having to rent a car, I was not bothered by the location. I traveled back and forth to the Bellagio each day for a conference and was able to make it in about 20 minutes each way (using I-15 which is located about half a mile from Las Vegas Boulevard and runs the entire length of the strip).

*** Customer Service ***

Overall, the staff at this hotel was extremely pleasant. It seems like I read other reviews indicating that the staff was rude. Those that feel this way must have encountered staff on an off day. Anytime I had a question about something, the staff was (mostly) willing to assist. I say mostly because I did run into one issue that I felt was not adequately taken care of (see the section on rooms for further information).

*** Rooms ***

The rooms and hallways to the rooms were immaculate. My understanding is that this hotel is only three years old so perhaps this is why. The rooms have either a view of the strip (which might be nice after dark) on the north side or a view of the mountains on the south side. My room faced the mountains. It was a nice view but I didn't spend too much time admiring the view. My only complaint about the room was that there was this annoying *clicking* sound that appeared to coming from somewhere in the wall. I am the type of person that once I fall asleep a freight train wouldn't wake but any sound such as this *clicking* sound will prevent me from falling asleep easily. I mentioned this to the front desk staff. They indicated that they would check it out. Either they didn't check it out or were unable to figure out what was causing it because it persisted throughout the entire stay and I did not receive any contact on this issue from any of the hotel staff after initially reporting it.

*** Dining ***

I didn't dine at all of the restaurants so I can only comment on a couple of them (the buffet and the burger bar). The food at the buffet was very good. A few locals that assisted me during travel asked where I was staying. When I told them where I was staying, each of them mentioned that the buffet was very good. The burger and fries I had at the burger bar were quite tasty as well (and very filling). It may have been a bit pricey ($21.00 after tip) but there is not much in Las Vegas that is not cheap. In an attempt to *go green*, this hotel offers a five dollar coupon for each day you do not request new towels for your room. It's not much but it will save a few bucks. This may not work well for multiple people in one room but it worked well for me since I was by myself.

*** Shopping ***

I don't recall seeing a lot of shopping options which is fine with me. I also don't utilize the spas at any hotels so I cannot comment on this either.

*** Casino ***

Despite losing some money here, I will try to provide an objective review. As with the rooms and other areas of the hotel, the casino was very well maintained. Also, it was not full of smoke (a bonus in my opinion). The cheapest blackjack tables I found all week were ten dollar tables, which is a bit much for me when all I can seem to do is lose. I had never tried craps before so I tried this and they had five dollar craps tables all week (even on Friday evening when the minimums go up at other places). If you are one that likes to avoid the casinos, I found that you can actually get in and out of your room without ever setting foot in the casino here. I parked in the west lot each day and entered on the ground (spa) floor. The casino is located on the next floor up from here.

*** Other ***

This hotel does not charge a resort fee. However, they do charge $15 each day for use of internet service and $15 each day for use of the gym. Most will probably be fine with this but it is important to be aware of. I thought there was a bit of a snafu with the internet service. I was supposed to get complimentary service with my booking through Orbitz. When I tried to access the service, it appears that I was going to be charged for the service by the hotel. After a few phone calls, this appeared to have been taken care of (at least I hope).

*** Summary ***

In summary, I would highly recommend this hotel. In fact, if I return to Las Vegas in the future, I will definitely give this hotel another look, especially if I get the same low rate that I got this time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!