“Simple, Rustic, and Tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Goldfield
Cuisines: American
Columbus, Ohio
“Simple, Rustic, and Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I ate lunch here after visiting the nearby Car Forest (highly recommended). Upon arrival, the owners were very friendly and welcoming. They seemed to know most of the other customers in the restaurant, creating a cozy, small town feel. I would definitely recommend the fries, and the burger I had was quite good too. The service was a bit slow, but the quality of the food made it well worth the wait. Lastly, this place has many pictures and stories of Goldfield's past which contribute to the atmosphere. Overall, I would recommend this place unless you are in a rush.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs
“Wow, fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stopped at dinky Diner, as we like to support Mom and Pop type places. What a treat. The portions were huge. I had the Green Chile Burger. It was home made, and I wished I could eat more. It was delicious.
Found out the managers were from Fairplay Colorado, our home state. Very warm greeting, you can watch the cook (who looks like a bullrider and cute) make your food to order.
Please give them a try.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Helena, Montana
“They close at seven”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is the only place in town to eat. We were counting on this for dinner and we arrived in town just after seven and they were closed. The next closest place to eat is Tonopah over 30 miles away so we just had cheese and crackers in the room. So I can't tell you if the food is good or bad, but the hours of operation suck for the traveler.

Visited March 2014
Tonopah, United States
“Worst food on US 95”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I should have listened to the two locals who warned me but I'm Irish. After finally being acknowledged and given a menu, I ordered the premier double cheeseburger with fries after being assured that it would be cooked medium rare. After 20 minutes (I was the only one in there at the time), my extremely well done burger came out. It was inedible, period. I tried pointing out to the waitress that it was burned to a crisp but was ignored. The fries were excellent and the only edible thing on the plate.
Why the premier double cheese burger? Because everything on the menu is a la carte, you want lettuce on your burger or sandwich? Tomato? It's all extra and this includes the BLT!
I ate the fries and complained while at the register and was told that it was cooked medium rare and I had to pay for it. I told her to get new glasses or a dictionary, paid for it and it's the last dime they will ever get out of me.
A word of warning, when the ticket is delivered with the meal, you probably will never see the wait person again, check your order before he/she/it leaves your table.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ridgecrest, California
“Ghost town adventures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

GREAT and only place to eat in Goldfield NV. We had a wonderful lunch here. It is an older place with a nice face lift. The owners are wonderful (very friendly) and seems like locals really like the place too. They also have gifts you can buy (t-shirts, magnets, coffee cups and a few little books). Great place to stop for a nice meal,

• Visited January 2014