“Perfect meal and evening” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
1862 David Walley's Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Genoa
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 395 & 206
Description: A favorite place for wine as well as food, 1862 David Walley's Restaurant & Saloon hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu beef, and known for its intense marbling and unmatched taste that is only produced for fine dining restaurants. The dining is fine but the atmosphere is casual. Come and enjoy a cocktail in this historic landmark, and create a legacy of your own.Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence" 2012 and 2013. Nevada Magazine Best Spa and Wedding Venue in Rural Nevada 2012.
“Perfect meal and evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

After dipping in the hot springs we were seated looking out at the wetlands. The restaurant was very comfortable and quiet and we had a fantastic server. She seemed genuinely happy to help us with drinks and choosing entrees. The meal was absolutely delicious. Our salmon and steak were cooked perfectly and every dish kept getting better.
We did however, come with a groupon, so price was not the issue it typically might be at a nice restaurant like this. As college students I would have paid $30/person but I do think our meal was worth well over that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Jose, California
“love their food and the view is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The food and the service is great here. A little pricey but we had the 3 part Prefix meal and it was a decent value. A little slow because I think everyone was have the steak special around us, as were we. Worth waiting for though.

Visited July 2014
Sacramento, California, Usa
“Unexpectedly good place to eat and drink in a timeshare property.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was traveling by myself. I arrived without a reservation on Friday evening at 7pm. I was seated right away in a nice cozy booth that looked out through large windows on to the surrounding property. They had a nice fixed price menu for $36. I choose a la carte and had a nice penna pasta dish with italian sausage. Average american wine selection but they had large pours. Noise level was better than average and the place was full. I would return even if I was not staying at the property.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lake Tahoe (California), California
“You wont regret going here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Me and my girlfriend went here on a very busy Friday night. Despite how busy it was, we were treated as if we were the only ones in the restaurant. Every person on the waitstaff from hostess to our waiter and everyone in between couldn't be more friendly and helpful. We made it in early enough to try their early bird pre fix special which included 3 courses! Every course was brought out to us promptly and very fresh! The food itself was unreal! I had the bleu cheese incrusted sirloin and she had the salmon. Both of us scarped ours up quickly as we couldn't get ourselves to set down the forks. Our waiter also helped us pick out a wine off their list that paired excellent with our meal and dessert could not have been a better ending. Definitely will be going back soon!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Osage Beach, Missouri
“Not the best experience!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our waiter Steven seemed distracted and walked past our table with our wine? Brought my sweetie a steak knife for his duck but I did not get one for my filet??? We so wanted our meal to be good, we had the Filet with peppercorn cream sauce, but it was really a heavy gravy consistency. My sweetie had the duck. The flavors were ok, but the temperature of our food was cold. Steven didn't inquire how our food was, isn't that pretty standard?? I guess we will not be eating here again. We've had the angus burger and the cod in the saloon, and each time they were great...We've eaten at Harriett's and it was sooo good... We are staying here at the resort for a week... and probably would have had dinner again if the first experience was more pleasant.

• Visited June 2014