“You wont regret going here” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
1862 David Walley's Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Genoa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 395 & 206
Description: A favorite place for wine as well as food, 1862 David Walley's Restaurant & Saloon hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu beef, and known for its intense marbling and unmatched taste that is only produced for fine dining restaurants. The dining is fine but the atmosphere is casual. Come and enjoy a cocktail in this historic landmark, and create a legacy of your own.Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence" 2012 and 2013. Nevada Magazine Best Spa and Wedding Venue in Rural Nevada 2012.
Lake Tahoe (California), California
“You wont regret going here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Me and my girlfriend went here on a very busy Friday night. Despite how busy it was, we were treated as if we were the only ones in the restaurant. Every person on the waitstaff from hostess to our waiter and everyone in between couldn't be more friendly and helpful. We made it in early enough to try their early bird pre fix special which included 3 courses! Every course was brought out to us promptly and very fresh! The food itself was unreal! I had the bleu cheese incrusted sirloin and she had the salmon. Both of us scarped ours up quickly as we couldn't get ourselves to set down the forks. Our waiter also helped us pick out a wine off their list that paired excellent with our meal and dessert could not have been a better ending. Definitely will be going back soon!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Osage Beach, Missouri
“Not the best experience!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our waiter Steven seemed distracted and walked past our table with our wine? Brought my sweetie a steak knife for his duck but I did not get one for my filet??? We so wanted our meal to be good, we had the Filet with peppercorn cream sauce, but it was really a heavy gravy consistency. My sweetie had the duck. The flavors were ok, but the temperature of our food was cold. Steven didn't inquire how our food was, isn't that pretty standard?? I guess we will not be eating here again. We've had the angus burger and the cod in the saloon, and each time they were great...We've eaten at Harriett's and it was sooo good... We are staying here at the resort for a week... and probably would have had dinner again if the first experience was more pleasant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great meal, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had a really good meal tonight. Everyone from the hostess who seated us to our waitress and other waitstaff, we had a truly nice time. The elk entree was prepared very well, along with tasty whipped potatoes and greens. Other entrees at the table were just as good - wild boar and the ribeye. For dessert, we had the brownie sundae and the chocolate chip cookie (served warm), both very good desserts through, I preferred the cookie. All in all, a happy experience and very good food. I would definitely return for more.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SummerWindsResorts02, Public Relations Manager at 1862 David Walley's Restaurant & Saloon, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience at 1862 restaurant and hope to see you again in the near future!!
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is the review strictly for the restaurant, not the hot spring. The restaurant was excellent. Now, whether or not it was worth the price is debatable (it's expensive, $50/person at least), but the experience was good enough to justify a return.

First thing first, the food. My elk steak here was exquisite. The meat was cooked just right, and the taste was ever so slightly not beef. Now, my parents told me that they had better deer meat in Vietnam (where the grassy taste had been more pronounced), but my food was very decent. The seafood of my sister was also very good. The dessert was a treat! I mean, yes, it's a treat, and a very good one. That said, the wild boar was only OK. The meat was too tough, without any differentiation from, you know, normal pork, except maybe harsher. Definitely order something else.

The service was excellent! The server was chatty and (gasp) helpful. She helped us pick a delicious wine (opinion varied within my family, but I think it is very tasty). Btw, about that bottle, we originally ordered something else, (again, with the server's help), but that bottle turned out to be unavailable. The restaurant gave us a slightly more expensive bottle, but charged the same price as the unavailable one. That's nice.

That said, the price is not cheap. It was ~$50/entree (which works out to upward of $70/person including everything). Not the most expensive, but quite a bit of money nevertheless.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed dining at 1862 restaurant and will inform the Restaurant General Manager of your experience. We hope to see you again very soon!
Dublin, Ireland
“Not a bad spot for a hot tub and swim”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Went there when the weather was bad in Tahoe. $30 pp for a day pass for the natural hot springs, pool, sauna and steam room. It's a lovely quiet setting. We really liked it until we went and got drinks in the bar. Great looking menu but made horribly and I'm not hard to please. I got the blue Tahoe( blue curaçao, vodka and lemonade) there was no blue curaçao, I couldn't taste any vodka and I make better lemonade myself. The raspberry mojito looked and tasted horrible. My wife didn't even drink it, just paid the bill and left. $25 for a lemonade.