“food is poor, bar is fun” 3 of 5 stars

(775) 782-8898
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
nevada
“food is poor, bar is fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been here a couple of times. The first time we ate in the restaurant, the salad bar was meager. The pizza was gross, I was very surprised to find out the owner founded Tombstone pizza. I am sure he would have been horrified at what we were served. The second and third time I was there, we stuck to the bar and appetizers. The bar is fun, the salsa was disappointing. I figured they couldn't go wrong with a cheeze quesadilla, it was fine. Companions who ordered hamburgers have been pleaseD. In summary, it is a fun atmosphere (love to watch the deer walking by) but I am saving my money and eating before I go!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

28% Recommend
Fish Springs, USA
“Nice place but don't order the tilapia or steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We recently tried the former Inn Cognito, now Tombstone Grill. We were comfortable in the pleasant dining room, the service was fine but the entree I ordered was terrible. The menu offered a pan fried tilapia with the sweet potatoes as one of the side choices. The fish was so salty! I suspect the "sauce" on the fish was made of the brine of cocktail onions with about a cup of the cocktail onions scattered around the fish. The sweet potatoes were over-baked and over-sugared. I like salt and sugar but not in the excessive way Tombstone Grill serves them up. This was my first and only visit to this place and I won't spend the money to go back. My companion ordered a steak and was disappointed - overcooked and a great deal of waste. There is no point in complaining to the wait staff about the quality of food served - they work the job and while most want the customer to be satisfied (tips!), about all they can do is take it back to the cook, then the cook gets mad and who knows what you'll get next. The quality of the food served comes from the owner and management - neither of which inquired about our dining satisfaction.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lake Tahoe, NV
“Incognito now Tombstone needs an epitath”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

The cuisine is confused - somewhere between a bar, pizza joint or dinner house. After trying the 10 OZ sirloin (8 oz after cooking - 4 oz fat and gristle) medium rare is dry - I can confirm it is not a dinner house. The chief seasoning seems to be salt.

Service friendly and reasonably prompt - probably because there were only 2 other tables with diners. The ambiance is quaint. The only thing that is missing is in the kitchen.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Genoa, Nevada, United States
“Mediocre is all I can say”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

By TraceyD, 11/29/11
Mediocre is all I can say. We are locals and ordered a pizza, an order of extra spicy wings and two house salads to go. We hoped to feed four people with this. The salads, at $4.95 each were a pathetic little bit of iceberg lettuce with a couple of pieces of tomato atop. Barely enough for one person each. We dolled them up at home with more tomato etc. The two containers of salad dressing were good though.I liked the pizza but the guys said there was some "weird spice" they didn't like. The girls id'd it as fennel and it was indeed heavily used in either the sauce or the sausage. The wings were pricey and not extra spicy. A little dish of spicy sauce was included. We sat at the bar and had a drink while waiting for our to go order. The bartendress was serving up drinks for a table of 4 or 5 people when the 4 of us sat down. The owner sat at the bar sipping her wine while we waited and I couldn't help but wonder why she didn't jump in and take our order as we did wait longer than I thought was needed. At one point she actually was leafing thrrough a magazine at the bar. Hmm, maybe better to be greeting customers and pitching in? All in all, I sure miss the original InnCognito and I hope these new folks can get their act together and learn how to run a restaurant

Visited November 2011
Sacramento, California
“Tombstone Tap & Grill - Nice surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Before driving up the hill to return to Tahoe, we stopped in Genoa to enjoy the charm of this quaint little town. With several dining options, the Tombstone Tap and Grill enticed us off the mail road; we wanted a quiet dinner away from sport's bars. The remodeled restaurant is charming - Anthony's beautiful painted murals of cowboys, Indians and the Carson valley make this dining spot one of a kind! (Anthony is also a very charming server!) The menu has a good variety; sandwiches, soup and salads, steak and ribs - the pannini's are terrific! Loved the toasty, rustic fireplace - the owner is still getting acquainted with the tempermental fireplace, but no matter - close seating made our meal cozy and very enjoyable!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Inn Cognito, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.