“Most amazing food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
La Vernia, Texas
“Most amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I travel the US and get to eat at several fantastic restaurants. This is one of the best I have had. Unbelievable seared foie gras. The duck leg was fantastic.

Santa Barbara, California
“One of a kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

La Ferme is a superb restaurant in the quaint town of Genoa, Nevada. Its proprietor, Gilles, is a perfectionist and serves only home-made, delicious food including produce that is organically grown on-site by him. I recommend making a reservation in advance to be sure that you can secure one of the eight tables available in this remarkable restaurant.

Visited September 2013
Reno, NV
“BEST EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you do not appreciate fine food well prepared in an amazing atmosphere, stay away. Giles is a restrained, unobtrusive host. The decor of the restaurant was utterly tranquil and inviting as the first time I dined there was in the heart of winter. The cozy bar/lobby with a roaring fire was a place I thought I would never want to leave. The bartender made a special effort to mix our drinks just to our liking. Food was classic French and very fresh. Our waiter was quite young but very charming. I returned again in summer with some very well travelled friends who were completely captivated. Giles commanded our wine selections and we dined outdoors on the patio. From amuse bouche to the final cognac every plate was a small wonderland. Beautiful garnishes, perfect vegetables and incredibly rich and perfect desserts. I live in reno and cannot wait to go back again. We used to go to the rstaurant at Walleys for our dinner after a day of hiking and soaking and it is a very fine restaurant. But La Ferme is like entering Brigadoon- you walk through a gateway into another world.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Deserves a 5 star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

For those who complain about the service at this restaurant, I would ask why they dined there. Slow food is good food world-wide. This is very much a european restaurant (I lived there for years) where the food is important, not how fast you can get in and out. Go to McDonalds if your in a hurry and the quality doesn't matter. The price is high but worth it if you are there for the unique menu and quality cuisine. I might add, every item is priced so don't order what you are not prepared to pay for. As for the attitude of the owner, I found him very friendly and engaging. He returns what he receives from the customer. He is really a sweetheart.
I have been to this restaurant several times and had never had a reservation refused.
Locally, this is one of the best and not to be missed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“5 Stars with the following Caveat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

OK, here's the Caveat -- if you want wonderful, prepared-to-order garden fresh food in an outrageously tranquil setting then come here. If you are put off by a typical French attitude (the owner, Gilles) don't come here because it will spoil both your time and the high price you will be paying.

OK, that said, here we go...

You'll sit outdoors in the back of the restaurant if the weather is good -- which it was on the night of our visit. Very, very tranquil, relaxing and comfortable with the feeling of a charming farm garden.

Onto the food.We were immediately served a bread basket and crackers with 2 spreads. Nice. We both ordered salads which were both delicious and beautifully presented. My entree was a crisp duck leg which I can't praise enough. Perfectly seared and crispy on the outside, still moist on the inside. Again, their presentation was beautiful. My husband ordered a lamb dish. He said it was delicious and this too was beautifully presented. For dessert I ordered an apricot tart with homemade gelato...not sure what my husband had because I couldn't take my attention off of devouring mine. I know he loved it though.

OK, onto owner Gilles and that attitude. He likes to be hands-on since he takes the orders and does the serving, which I thought strange. When he first came to take our order I was on my cell phone. Sacre Blue! He almost acted like he wanted to throw me out as he then explained that all reservations were based on a strict time limit to allow for individual service. Knowing the french, I didn't let it ruffle my feathers and instead took it as a positive that I was in for a special treat. His attitude continued as I noticed we were the only ones not being served by him, but instead by other wait staff. Ouch...that hurt. He also seemed to let himself be consumed with patrons that he personally knew and barely spoke to others. Gilles finally redeemed himself when we left. As we walked passed him he glanced over and said did you enjoy, madame? Well of course, I smiled and said yes, it was wonderful. I am, after all, just a pleasant American looking to have a relaxing dining experience using fresh delicious food that is beautifully presented. And that is exactly what you'll get here -- no more, no less.

Visited August 2013

Been to La Ferme? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage La Ferme, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.