“the customer is always wrong” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dayton, Ohio
“the customer is always wrong”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We made reservations 2 weeks in advance for 8:30pm on a Tuesday(after being told that they close at 8pm on Sundays and Mondays). When we arrived, we were informed by the owner that our reservation was for 8pm and that we were too late. When we disagreed, he disappeared into the kitchen and sent another person to tell us again rather rudely that we were wrong and they could not serve us. Since this was a special occasion and we had driven more than 30 minutes to get there, we were quite upset. The food quality is secondary when customers are treated in this manner!

Visited July 2012

Genoa, Nevada
“A meal to remember!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Never have I seen to much attention to detail and service. Never have I had such an delicious meal. I took Gilles suggestions when making my selection and was not disappointed. Every bite melted in my mouth. The flavors and textures of everything from the zucchini blossoms (which he grows in his garden) appetizer to the 7 hour pork shoulder with apricot to a dessert trio of chocolate pie, chocolate ice cream and sliced strawberries was remarkable. The outdoor garden was beautiful and quaint only making the dining experience even better. We are so lucky to have this great venue in Genoa. I can see why La Ferme, Gilles and Yves have such a following.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, Nevada, United States
“Unacceptable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family and I dined at La Ferme last year and had quite a good experience. This year was the total opposite. We were seated, without menus. The inexperienced waiters dripped water and coffee all over the table and our laps. The menu was unexciting (out of the four of us, none found a single dish that make our mouths water). The desserts, which Gilles has been famous for in the past, only numbered two, were clearly written on the menu, and neither were exciting. When I asked if there were any specials, I got an incredulous stare followed by a very cold, "No."

After waiting 15 minutes for our dishes to be cleared (while the waiters stood protecting their water urns), we were finally brought coffee. The cream was very curdled and the coffee had grounds in it (both decaf and regular). Gilles was very apologetic, and he "graciously" made a new pot of coffee just for me (not required nor requested, I could have done without coffee entirely). During the wait, he brought us a Creme Brulee as an apology, despite my insisting that we did NOT want dessert. We ate it, while still waiting for my cup of coffee. After finishing the Creme Brulee, I finally asked the waiter to come over and clear off our wine glasses (which had been empty for 30 minutes, and at the side of the table for 15 already).

For the price (it is hard to find a more expensive restaurant in the area), this trip was not worth it. This was my birthday celebration, and I'm really wishing I had requested a different restaurant now.

P.S. The menu listed on the website is completely different than what they are currently serving. Our "Braised Veal Osso Bucco" was more like "Sunday Pot Roast over House-Made Noodles".

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Love La Ferme!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

After my second visit to La Ferme I had to write a review letting everyone know what a wonderful find this is! I love the quaint outdoor dining area, the lovely gardens, and of course the wonderful French food! The owner can be a little gruff, but if you spend the time to have a conversation with him he is charming. A bit pricey, but well worth the amazing french food. I had the duck breast and my husband had the steak this time, which were both the best we think we have ever had. Can't wait to return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“a great and very unique French Reatruant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The food here is always wondereful with unique ambiance

Visited June 2012

Been to La Ferme? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage La Ferme, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.