“Be clear on what you want.” 4 of 5 stars

1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 Foothill Rd., Genoa, NV 89411   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Genoa
Yacolt, Washington
“Be clear on what you want.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Not all rooms are at the same level of comfort so be sure to convey clearly at check-in what is important to you. Night one we were given a small studio with an almost comically small outdated box TV. We changed rooms this morning to an updated one after meeting with the manager. (The front desk couldn't make it happen). She was very friendly, accommodating, empathetic, and professional.

The new room requires climbing stairs and the bathroom has a sink but literally no counter. Nevertheless, its beautiful and otherwise well appointed and comfortable with the king bed and more square feet, which the first room lacked. Also, be sure to specify if you have a preference of view type; lots of variety. Again, the property has something for everyone just make sure you tell staff what that something is, or just get what you get and be good with it.

The property is gorgeous and well maintained. The spa area is clean and the mineral spring water tubs are truly therapeutic. Also the steam room and sauna (not co-ed) are all you would expect they should be.
Kids would be bored here so naturally its perfect for those of us needing an escape, as we have not seen or heard a single little varmint yet.

Friday we will dine at the 1862 (onsite restaurant) and I'll review it then. Its looks beautiful inside and out with nice touches throughout. Kind of a hybrid Western/High-end look. Can't wait! I've heard good things.
Who was it that said, "This place is the kind of place that folks will love that love this kind of place"? Kinda sums it up.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We made a reservation here for the Cowboy Festival in Genoa not knowing anything about this facility. We were pleasantly surprised. It's at the foot of a huge mountain out of town and quite nice. Recently taken over and renovated it has several buildings, six hotsprings pools plus a regular pool. We also didn't realize it was a timeshare and were invited to tour the facility and get $75 in restaurant coupons and passes to the hot springs which is $50 per person ordinarily. Since we were here for the festival we were concerned that we would be kept more than 90 minutes but Chris, our presenter was very nice, low pressure and we were out in two hours. Our room was a studio with a king bed, little kitchen, shower, flat screen tv and balcony. Just right for us. We ate in the bar twice and Harriets for breakfast on our coupons. The food was very good. I had the ribs and my husband had the burger and was very pleased. The second night I had the Cowboy pizza and I wasn't as pleased. It didn't come with sauce but had a dry cheese and steak on it. i would pass on that next time. Over all we had a great experience and great time. Everyone there was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I believe some of these rooms have not been renovated by previous comments so be sure you ask for on...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Elm Grove, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

After a site seeing end of ski season trip to Mt Whitney, and walking the geological formations called the potholes, my son drove to Genoa City , NV where he and friends had enjoyed the Wally Hot Springs . Their restaurant architecture and details reminded me of near Greenbrier West Virginia or Banff in its rustic elegance. We each ordered one of the 2 dinner specials. My steak was fabulous and under $35 complete with salad and dessert , the same for my son's salmon. The server was perfect, polite, knowledgeable of historic space(oldest city in Nevada) and non intrusive. She mentioned frequent groupon specials for restaurant/ hot spring combos.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were looking for a quick trip, not too far away, and David Wally's was the only trade available on short notice. We weren't expecting too much, but were pleasantly surprised. It is definitely not a fancy resort with many amenities. The location on the wetlands is peaceful. The spa is small, but adequate. We enjoyed the location--15 minutes from Carson City, and then Virginia City beyond; about 15 minutes over Kingsbury Grade to South Lake Tahoe. When we arrived, they allowed us to upgrade to a one bedroom for a nominal fee. You can only do this if they have something available. The bed was comfortable, the pillows not so much. There was wifi in the rooms that worked well. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They have a bar/lounge, restaurant, and cafe on site. We tried all three and found the food good and service attentive. I would definitely go back

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

i "won" a free 3 night stay last fall at david walleys. When the resort contacted me they informed me of a special promotion including a timeshare presentation and insisted i pay them 130 some dollars in order to reserve a date for the stay. They stated that this was a deposit and that i would be receiving on resort credit or a refund via check. I travel constantly for work as does my husband. We had decided to schedule our stay for this spring. After much deliberation..we set a vacation stay for the beginning of may. On march 23rd..i found out that i am being relocated for work and will no longer be able to stay. I have been trying to call this place for 2 weeks now...more than a months notice on cancellation..only to be put on hold for 20 minutes while being "transferred to the other company responsible for reservations" and hung up on..today someone finally called me back..stating that they can cancel my reservation but no money will be refunded unless i write an angry letter to their active manager. "And even then, i cannot say for sure she will give it to you."is what i was told. I have spoken to SEVERAL people on the phone over the last few months..none of which ever stated that i would not be refunded upon cancellation. This is a "free" getaway that they promise people..to draw them in to get a timeshare..and from the looks of most reviews ive seen, this issue isn't a rarity. I only wish i would have looked up reviews before getting sucked into this crock.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I had heard wonderful things about David Walley's hot springs, so we adventured out to see for ourselves. We arrived at the facility at 4pm and upon checking into the first room, we found it was not ready. The maid service looked at us with our hands full of luggage and told us wait 30 minutes. We went back down to the lobby and asked for a different room. It took nearly 15 minutes to find another room. We were told the room was just around the corner, only to find out it was on the opposite side of the property. Needless to say it was a hike with luggage in tow to the room. The room was mediocre. The bathroom had zero counter space and reminded us of a truck stop bathroom. On the second day we went to the hot springs and were mortified to find out that the rate was $50 per person per day. This was not disclosed at the time of booking or upon check in. We went to dinner at the restaurant and almost immediately after paying the bill I became violently ill and vomited several times as my husband tried to get me back to the room safely. Upon checking out, one woman was watching a game show and never acknowledged my husband and I. The other woman never even asked out the stay or printed a final receipt. Very rude service. It will take a miracle to get us to return.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Traded my 2 bedroom timeshare for a week here. Unit had a tube tv, a back breaking queen bed, and virtually no services that didn't cost an arm and a leg. They did not clean our coffee pot during our 1x/week cleaning.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!