Not all rooms are at the same level of comfort so be sure to convey clearly at check-in what is important to you. Night one we were given a small studio with an almost comically small outdated box TV. We changed rooms this morning to an updated one after meeting with the manager. (The front desk couldn't make it happen). She was very friendly, accommodating, empathetic, and professional.
The new room requires climbing stairs and the bathroom has a sink but literally no counter. Nevertheless, its beautiful and otherwise well appointed and comfortable with the king bed and more square feet, which the first room lacked. Also, be sure to specify if you have a preference of view type; lots of variety. Again, the property has something for everyone just make sure you tell staff what that something is, or just get what you get and be good with it.
The property is gorgeous and well maintained. The spa area is clean and the mineral spring water tubs are truly therapeutic. Also the steam room and sauna (not co-ed) are all you would expect they should be.
Kids would be bored here so naturally its perfect for those of us needing an escape, as we have not seen or heard a single little varmint yet.
Friday we will dine at the 1862 (onsite restaurant) and I'll review it then. Its looks beautiful inside and out with nice touches throughout. Kind of a hybrid Western/High-end look. Can't wait! I've heard good things.
Who was it that said, "This place is the kind of place that folks will love that love this kind of place"? Kinda sums it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the picturesque views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa is a getaway for all ages. Come experience the legacy of David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa for yourself. Since its conception, almost 150 years ago 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa has offered its patrons the ultimate in relaxation and health benefits from its mineral rich waters. Relax in one of the five on-site hot spring mineral pools, or enjoy a Swedish massage at our Day Spa. And for your dining adventure you don't have to leave, with two on-site restaurants you have a vacation at one location. 1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon is not only a favorite place for food but wine as well, the restaurant hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu Beef. For Breakfast and Lunch go next door to the newly open Harriet's Cafe. Harriet's proudly serves Starbuck's coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1862 David Walley`s Hot Springs Hotel Genoa
- David Walleys Hot Springs Hotel
- 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort And Spa Genoa, Nevada