My wife and I are avid motorcyclist and at least twice a year ride over to the eastern side of the Sierras. When in the Topaz lake area we normally stay at a friendly little owner/operator motel near Coleville. However, the motel's associated restaurant is no longer open for dinner and the motel owners have added RV parking. These changes lessened the motel's appeal to us and we have been looking for alternative lodging. On a recent trip, we decided to give the BW Topaz Lake Inn a try. It was a great find. The desk clerk was extremely helpful. When checking us in, she voluntarily checked our BW rewards points and asked if we wanted to use our points for a free nights stay, which we did. She could tell by our riding gear that we were riding a motorcycle and told us which parking spot would be directly outside our room's window. She also told us about a foot path that we could take to the nearby casino and restaurant. Thus, avoiding the need to suit up again. The room was spacious, clean and offered great views of the lake. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was typical for most any hotel offering a free breakfast. I give it only a four star rating because dining within walking distance is limited to the casino. We will definitely stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Topaz Lake Hotel
- Best Western Topaz Lake Hotel Gardnerville
- Best Western Gardnerville
- Gardnerville Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking beautiful Topaz Lake, this Gardnerville, Nevada hotel is nestled in the Eastern Sierras, just off Highway 395. It is very suitable if you are going to Lake Tahoe,Yosemite, Death Valley, Mammoth or even Las Vegas if you are travelling from San Francisco area. It features a daily continental breakfast and rooms with free Wi-Fi and a cable TV. Our best selling point is its location in Sierra Mountains and great view of Topaz Lake.A microwave, fridge and coffee maker are provided in all rooms at the Best Western Topaz Lake. Each room features mountain and lake views, and includes a work desk and seating area.Guests can enjoy free access to the on-site fitness room and relaxing jacuzzi. The hotel’s business center offers fax and photocopy services, and the front desk is available 24/7.The Topaz Lake Best Western is just 2 miles from Topaz Lake Park, and the Carson Valley Museum is a 30-minute drive away. Harvey’s Lake Tahoe Casino is 37.8 miles from this hotel. Hotel Rooms: 30, Hotel Chain: Best Western. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Topaz Lake Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.