This used to be one of our favorite hotels to stay in on the way back to Boise. The specialty restaurant is very good, but prices have increased the last year or two so that the same bargain doesn't exist...but the service has been very good.. The view from the restaurant is spectacular, but the service was so so, however the food was good...unfortunately the hot sauce lid hadn't been cleaned in a long time.. The room we had was average, but what was not average was the appearance of the bed sheets which were not ironed and appeared to have been left there from the last occupants. We couldn't open the window for air because of the wasps located there early in the evening. Everything worked but the plumbing system probably needs an overhaul because of the challenge of holding the water temperature on starting the shower and the spray nozzles on top were covered in lime.
We didn't gamble, but we heard that the casino returns decent odds.
The hotel has potential, but it will require a show of concern from the owners who have let it fall behind many of their competitors. As for the location and the pool.....excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking beautiful Topaz Lake, this Gardnerville, Nevada hotel is nestled in the Eastern Sierras, just off Highway 395. It is very suitable if you are going to Lake Tahoe,Yosemite, Death Valley, Mammoth or even Las Vegas if you are travelling from San Francisco area. It features a daily continental breakfast and rooms with free Wi-Fi and a cable TV. Our best selling point is its location in Sierra Mountains and great view of Topaz Lake.A microwave, fridge and coffee maker are provided in all rooms at the Best Western Topaz Lake. Each room features mountain and lake views, and includes a work desk and seating area.Guests can enjoy free access to the on-site fitness room and relaxing jacuzzi. The hotel’s business center offers fax and photocopy services, and the front desk is available 24/7.The Topaz Lake Best Western is just 2 miles from Topaz Lake Park, and the Carson Valley Museum is a 30-minute drive away. Harvey’s Lake Tahoe Casino is 37.8 miles from this hotel. Hotel Rooms: 30, Hotel Chain: Best Western. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BEST WESTERN Topaz Lake Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Topaz Lake Hotel Gardnerville
- Best Western Gardnerville
- Gardnerville Best Western