Unfortunately we stayed here during the wildfires on the western rim of Yosemite and the smoke from the fires had travelled all the way to Topaz Lake. As a result we had no view of the lake. Our primary reason for staying at this hotel was the proximity to Lake Tahoe without the Lake Tahoe prices. We were impressed by the hotel considering the low cost. The room was gigantic with all mod cons. It had a gym with good equipment (small but functional). The guest laundry facilities were clean. There was a hot tub but no swimming pool. We appreciated the nice touches such as vouchers for the casino next door where we had a decent and very inexpensive meal. The complimentary breakfast at the hotel was excellent and the freshly cooked waffles were a highlight. The only thing that lets them down is the receptionist whom we found to be efficient but not overly friendly. Also, as we were looking for sockets behind the bedside table we saw that they hadn't done a good job of cleaning that area. Overall, a very enjoyable stay and great for filling up with fuel right next door at what we found to be the cheapest price between Lake Tahoe and Yosemite.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Topaz Lake Hotel
- Best Western Topaz Lake Hotel Gardnerville
- Best Western Gardnerville
- Gardnerville Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking beautiful Topaz Lake, this Gardnerville, Nevada hotel is nestled in the Eastern Sierras, just off Highway 395. It is very suitable if you are going to Lake Tahoe,Yosemite, Death Valley, Mammoth or even Las Vegas if you are travelling from San Francisco area. It features a daily continental breakfast and rooms with free Wi-Fi and a cable TV. Our best selling point is its location in Sierra Mountains and great view of Topaz Lake.A microwave, fridge and coffee maker are provided in all rooms at the Best Western Topaz Lake. Each room features mountain and lake views, and includes a work desk and seating area.Guests can enjoy free access to the on-site fitness room and relaxing jacuzzi. The hotel’s business center offers fax and photocopy services, and the front desk is available 24/7.The Topaz Lake Best Western is just 2 miles from Topaz Lake Park, and the Carson Valley Museum is a 30-minute drive away. Harvey’s Lake Tahoe Casino is 37.8 miles from this hotel. Hotel Rooms: 30, Hotel Chain: Best Western. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Topaz Lake Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.