“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fernley
Boulder City, Nv
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The crew and I were headed up to Alturas and had to stay in Fernley up and back so we stayed at the Best Western Fernley inn. This is not our first time here as it is our only choice in town we always stay here. The rooms are clean and comfortable the staff is really great. The breakfast is so so as are most motel breakfasts. Has a nice indoor pool that was pretty crowded with young kids both times so I skipped it as it was quite loud in there. The internet is probably the only problem I had as it dropped out several times each time I used it and was quite slow. Would I stay here again? You bet ya in fact I would stay here on my own dime if I had to stay in the area.
Not many places to eat in walking distance but it is only a couple of blocks from I-80 and across the street from a super Wal-Mart.

Room Tip: Stay on the east side rooms in summer as the west side is really hot in the afternoon
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Lisa k, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear BCRON:

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business and we thank you for staying with us when you are in the Fernley area. We are in the process of upgrading the internet at the current time. This should not be an issue the next time you stay with us.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Lisa Ketner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Don't arrive tired and cranky and expect the night gal to put you in a quite room and get your BW rewards right. If you don't have an official print out she won't honor it. Then she will put loud little brats over your head when you want to sleep in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Geol_Cruiser:

First of all thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. When you are using travel cards we must have the appropriate documentation in order to process them. We have to input the numbers in order to get reimbursed from Best Western.

I am sure night clerk did not put people with children above you on purpose. The majority of our rooms with two queen beds are on the top floor. We would have been happy to put you on the top floor so you wouldn't have had any one above you. Sorry for the inconvience.

Sincerely:

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Beds and room clean, but non smoking room smelled of smoke. Possibly just outside smoking being drawn in through A/C vent near front window. Staff nice and accomodating, good breakfast. Convenient location to Hwy 80 and casinos, Walmart and plenty of eateries.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa k, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear 95maryo:

Thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business and hope that on your next trip through Fernley you will stay with us again.

I am sorry you had the smell of smoke but you are correct there are times when the smoke will come through the a/c vent.

Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is one of the better best westerns we have stayed at. The receptionist was very helpful. The room was nice. It is close to several food locations. The price was good and the pet fee wasn't out of this world like some places. We will be coming back if we're ever in Fernley.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lisa k, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear TravelerDave007:

Thank you for staying with us on your travels through Fernley Nevada. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to you staying again.

If there is any thing else we can do please do not hesitate to let us know. Have a safe trip and we look forward to seeing you again when you come through the Fernley area.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is an outstanding value. Spent one night there on our family vacation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again if traveling that way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lisa k, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Phillip,
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! The staff tries very hard to give guests the best possible experience. We hope to see you and your family again. Best wishes from the Best Western Fernley Inn.

Sincerely

Ashley Wake
Front Desk Manager
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I realize that the hotel is in Fernley, Nevada, but it's not what I expect from Best Western. On the plus side, the rooms are pretty spacious and well laid out, lots of TV channels, and the staff was friendly. We were on the 2nd floor and it was tiring hauling suitcases up the rough concrete stairs in the heat -- should have requested 1st floor. The shower in our room had no cool water -- temp varied from very hot to scalding. Also, the outlet I plugged my cell phone charger into was broken -- fortunately I noticed in time to move it to another outlet. The pool is nice and big, but it's in a terribly hot pool room. Comfortable if you're swimming but not if you're sitting on the edge watching your kids. Hot tub is broken. Supposedly you have to use a code to get in, but the door wasn't latching when we were there, so not sure what the point of the code is. The whole pool and laundry area has a run-down feel to it, but a run-down pool is better than nothing. The breakfast was OK -- waffles, eggs, cereal, muffins, juice, coffee. The breakfast room is tiny and cramped, everyone constantly bumping into everyone else. A circuit breaker blew when we were there, maybe because the waffle maker and microwave were being used at the same time? Staff got it going again quickly. I'd stay here again if I had to, but don't expect anything special.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Maragaret,
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was. I am sorry it was not quite what you had expected. We do really apperciate the feedback. It allows us to see where we could use some improving. Next time you stay please do give us any special requests you might have, we try very hard to fulfill them all. I also apologize about the water temp in your room. We will be checking into the issue. Thank you for staying at the Best Western Fernley Inn. If you have any questions or concerns please dont hesitate to give us a call. Have a great day!

Sincerley

Ashley Wake
Front desk Manager
Warrenton, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Front Desk clerk did not even acknowledge us as we walked in the door, as per Best Western Standards. When we complained at check-out about the water pressure and temperture changing throughout my shower, the gal that checked us out didn't seem all to concerned about it. Not very helpful at all. The only other Best Westerns that I've stayed at and I will not stay at again is in Salem, Oregon and Wilsonville, Oregon. This hotel gives them a run for their money for the worst hotel I've stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa k, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Cindy T:

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at the Best Western Fernley Inn. I am sorry the clerks did not give you the courtesy you expected. That is very rare. I get compliments on the clerks alot. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Fernley has alot of sediment in the water. When a piece of sediment gets in the line it can clog part of the line and make the water fluctuate. When then have to go clean the line. I do sincerely apologize .

If I can be of any service to you please do not hesistate to give me a call.

Lisa Ketner

Been to BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn? Share your experiences!