“Great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fernley
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is an outstanding value. Spent one night there on our family vacation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again if traveling that way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lisa k, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Phillip,
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! The staff tries very hard to give guests the best possible experience. We hope to see you and your family again. Best wishes from the Best Western Fernley Inn.

Sincerely

Ashley Wake
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I realize that the hotel is in Fernley, Nevada, but it's not what I expect from Best Western. On the plus side, the rooms are pretty spacious and well laid out, lots of TV channels, and the staff was friendly. We were on the 2nd floor and it was tiring hauling suitcases up the rough concrete stairs in the heat -- should have requested 1st floor. The shower in our room had no cool water -- temp varied from very hot to scalding. Also, the outlet I plugged my cell phone charger into was broken -- fortunately I noticed in time to move it to another outlet. The pool is nice and big, but it's in a terribly hot pool room. Comfortable if you're swimming but not if you're sitting on the edge watching your kids. Hot tub is broken. Supposedly you have to use a code to get in, but the door wasn't latching when we were there, so not sure what the point of the code is. The whole pool and laundry area has a run-down feel to it, but a run-down pool is better than nothing. The breakfast was OK -- waffles, eggs, cereal, muffins, juice, coffee. The breakfast room is tiny and cramped, everyone constantly bumping into everyone else. A circuit breaker blew when we were there, maybe because the waffle maker and microwave were being used at the same time? Staff got it going again quickly. I'd stay here again if I had to, but don't expect anything special.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Maragaret,
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was. I am sorry it was not quite what you had expected. We do really apperciate the feedback. It allows us to see where we could use some improving. Next time you stay please do give us any special requests you might have, we try very hard to fulfill them all. I also apologize about the water temp in your room. We will be checking into the issue. Thank you for staying at the Best Western Fernley Inn. If you have any questions or concerns please dont hesitate to give us a call. Have a great day!

Sincerley

Ashley Wake
Front desk Manager
Warrenton, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Front Desk clerk did not even acknowledge us as we walked in the door, as per Best Western Standards. When we complained at check-out about the water pressure and temperture changing throughout my shower, the gal that checked us out didn't seem all to concerned about it. Not very helpful at all. The only other Best Westerns that I've stayed at and I will not stay at again is in Salem, Oregon and Wilsonville, Oregon. This hotel gives them a run for their money for the worst hotel I've stayed at.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa k, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Cindy T:

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at the Best Western Fernley Inn. I am sorry the clerks did not give you the courtesy you expected. That is very rare. I get compliments on the clerks alot. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Fernley has alot of sediment in the water. When a piece of sediment gets in the line it can clog part of the line and make the water fluctuate. When then have to go clean the line. I do sincerely apologize .

If I can be of any service to you please do not hesistate to give me a call.

Grass Valley, CA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The staff was eager to accommodate our needs. They had no problem helping us with an early check in, the room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast in the morning was good. Only problem we had was our key to our room would never register at first. We had to get a new key once and always had to insert the card multiple times. Apparently it was due to sand in the hole. Overall, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa k, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Meagan P:

Thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business. I am glad to hear the comments about the staff. Please let us know the next time you will be traveling through the Fernley area. We would love to have you as a guest again.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

St.louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel was very good. It was convenient, was close to a lot of good restaurants. The breakfast was good, the swimming pool and hot tub was great. We were accomodated being on the first floor and close to everything. They made it very pleasant for us. We would certainly stay here again if we are ever in this area.

Dear Sue:

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business and your kind words about our property. I am glad to hear that we took care of all your needs.

Please let us know when you will be in the Fernley area again and we would be happy to make reservations for you.

Dawsonville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel was pet friendly. Clean and comfortable. Breakfast was hot and plentiful.Price was right. Close to a variety of restaurants. The pool area needs up dating and also the hot tub needed attention too. Over all not a bad place to spend the night. Would do it again if I was in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa k, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Stella Maris:

Thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business. Thank you for the kind words about the clean property. The hot tub is not in service and I apologize because you should have been told about that at check in. We are waiting for the heating element on the hot tub. So every thing should have been working except for the heat. My apologies again.

Hopefully, we will see you on your next trip through the Fernley area.

Bakersfield, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The person that checked me in was very nice, the rest of the staff were Lazy. Rooms were ok showed a lot of wear. Not up to the standards I have had with Best Westerns. Internet would keep dropping off.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear David W:

First of all thank you for staying at the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business. I have a few concerns on your review. You stated that my staff was lazy and I am curious as to what you meant by that. Also, we are just finishing up renovations at the property. The only thing left to do is replacing all of the drapes in the rooms. I would love to talk to you personally and find out what you thought was old.

Please feel free to contact me at 775-575-6776. Again, thank you for your business.

Lisa Ketner

Been to BEST WESTERN Fernley Inn? Share your experiences!