“Nice room, great breakfast, good exercise room, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fernley
Brookings, Oregon
“Nice room, great breakfast, good exercise room, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The room was large and well appointed. The bed was comfortable. Everything was as clean as one could ask. The fitness center was bright and the equipment was all in working order. The full breakfast included scrambled eggs and sausage parries, hot and col cereals, waffles, hard boiled eggs, sweet rolls, juice, yogurt - something for everybody. all of the staff was as helpful as could be. The only negative, and it's not that bad, is that there is a train track near by that can be a little noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mr. Wilson,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Fernley.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to continue creating an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alpine, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

By far the best Choice property I have ever stayed at. Nice large suite, great bed and linens, loved the western artwork throughout the hotel. We frequently travel from WY to CA and most hotels along the I-80 corridor leave allot to be desired, or are quite pricey. This will be our new layover spot for sure!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
gm_nv074, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Well cared for facility. Large room with sitting area with couch. Modern, nicely decorated, great shower, comfy bed, everything very clean. Staff was very friendly. Great breakfast with nice selection. Large breakfast area and lobby with plenty of seating. Facility is easy to find. If trains bother you, watch out, there is one that goes nearby here, but it did not disturb us.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you may want to request a room in the front part of the building (closer...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_nv074, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with our staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I thoroughly enjoy my stay any time I'm here.. I usually get the rooms with spa tubs and believe me its very relaxing. The property itself is quite and very relaxing... The staff are magnificent on all shifts... The rooms are spacious, very well kept, and the beds are to die for as far as comfort level. In short, when I really need to veg out and relax in solitude, its here....

Room Tip: Choose the upgraded room, you won't be sorry.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
gm_nv074, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind regards
Fort Bragg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel five or six times. It is a great value and beautifully laid out. The rooms are nicely appointed, the staff friendly, the breakfast dining area welcoming.

What we like best is that it is very conveniently located. It is the ideal "jumping off" point when heading east on I-80 or US-50 for a long day's drive across Nevada. Likewise, it is a welcome oasis after a long day's trip heading west on either highway. It doesn't hurt that there is a nearby truck stop that has cheaper gas, too, although the hotel is far enough away from the truck stop that there is no bother with light or noise.

The hotel is easily seen from the road heading into Fernley off I-80 Exit 46 but finding Mesa Drive to actually get to the hotel is a bit more tricky as it is not well marked. Hint for first timers: From I-80, exit 46 pass the truck stop and go under the railroad overpass, Mesa Drive is on your right.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_nv074, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important and helps to continue to improve on the experience we offer our guest. Thank you on your comments on the accessibility of getting to the hotel and we will work on to improving the access to the hotel.

Kind Regards
northern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stumbled on this at the end of a long drive. We had planned to stop in Lovelock and after looking at the choices there decided to move on. This was very nice, clean and roomy suite. Staff was friendly and made good suggestions for dinner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was in town to visit my sister but was not sure if I would be staying at her place so I booked the room for three nights. The day I arrived I explained to the manager if I could pay for the first night and possibly keep the room booked for three nights since I didnt know the situation of staying at my sisters place 20 mins out. She had no problem working with me. I paid for one night and she left the key active for three nights and told me if I decided to stay an extra night or all three to let her know or just make the payment at the front desk. Her front desk cashier was just as pleasant to work with. They gave me the sense of comfort. I'm all about first impression so their customer service, cleanliness and welcoming rooms made me a happy customer. It's the little things that make me happy. I will definitely use this hotel on my next trip there.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!