“An oasis” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Fernley
Bend, Oregon
“An oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our way through the state based on other positive reviews. It is indeed a fine hotel that employs a staff that takes pride of ownership. The rooms are very clean and modern as are all the other areas of the property. My only suggestion is that we had a room across the hall from the ice and vending room. This room really needs a door on it as you can hear the ice machine cycle through the night or people coming and going. Just a minor suggestion...

• Stayed September 2013
Terin L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank You for your kind words regarding our property and staff! We do take ownership of our property and believe in our product! We hope to be able to provide you with great service if ever in the area again!

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed here twice on my way to and from Burning Man and had great experiences each time. The rooms are clean, spacious and modern. It also helps that the hotel offers free breakfast due to the limited options available in Fernley.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Terin L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on both of your trips through Fernley! We are glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast and cleanliness of our hotel! We hope to be able to provide another great experience if you come through in the future!
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

...this is a great option! My friend and I were driving late into the night and decided we needed to stop. After researching hotels along the interstate (ug!), we chose Comfort Suites and I was SO glad we did. Our room smelled new. Everything looked new. Breakfast was fine. People were friendly. It's a no brainer if you don't want to worry if your room is clean or not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Farmington, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have stayed in Frenley before at a different motel. This experience was so much different, in a good way. This motel is not connected to a casino so it was smoke free and quieted down at a reasonable hour. The staff was helpful, the breakfast was adequate and the beds we comfortable. Our only complaints were the closeness of the train tracks, they were working on the tracks so the trains ran sporadically, and the small breakfast area. One morning we chose to leave and get breakfast somewhere else due to the overcrowding.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
St. Cloud, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I can't even begin to say enough good things about this hotel! It's not too hard to find off the freeway, but it is in it's own little area. Go past the 2 truck stops and under the railroad bridge, then take a right in about 1/10 mile.
The room was HUGE!!!!! We had 2 double beds with HUGE pillows (almost too big) and a pull out sofa sleeper which my son claimed. He even thought it was quite comfy. :) Nice big bathroom. Super clean room.
Pool was a bit smaller than most, but that's okay. We had no issues. It was clean and cool, so it was all good :) Pool open til 10. No hot tub and the fitness center was closed for maintenance I think. Didn't matter, didn't use it anyway.
Breakfat was wonderful...waffles, eggs, sausage, eggs, yogurt, fruits, juices, bagel, muffins, pastries etc....
You'd never know there were truck stops right there, never heard a thing. My hubby did wake up when the train went by, but I didn't hear a thing, which is very unusual as I wake up to EVERYTHING!
If we get the chance to head west again I would definitely stay here again! This place was amazing! And so affordable!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in one of the king suites and it was amazing! I'll start with the bathroom - the tub was jetted and luxurious, the towels were fluffy and wonderful and the countertops and tub surround were granite and super nice. The bed was soooooo comfortable and nice - there was a mattress pad on top of the mattress that just made sleep that much more delicious. The amenities at the hotel are great and the breakfast was delicious. The staff was very helpful and friendly, they never treated our questions and requests as inconveniences. This is a great place to stay! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for almost three weeks, while working in town. It is easy to get to get to, off of the highway. Check in was easy. My only complaint about the lobby area, was it was HOT!. It was hot outside, (100-106) but there seemed to be no air conditioning for the poor desk clerks. Room was very nice. Clean, large bathroom, refrigerator and microwave, plenty of thick towels, desk and office chair. I was on the third floor, which is where they seemed to place anyone staying for an extended period. Not much foot traffic and it was quiet. The only noise came from the freight train that runs parallel to I-80. I'm a fairly sound sleeper and it never woke me up, but while sitting in bed and watching tv, it does tend to make the whole bed shake. Internet access was good. Air conditioning in the room was excellent. My only real complaint is breakfast began at 6:30. That seems to be the standard at the Comfort Suites chain. I would prefer it at 6am, because I travel for work and typically need to be there between 630 and 645, which doesn't leave much time to eat. I didn't use the pool or the fitness area. There is a coin operated laundry (1 washer, 1 dryer) on the second floor. All in all a pleasant stay, for such a long trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Terin L, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while working in the area! We appreciate your remarks regarding the amenities that you enjoyed while you were here! We apologize for the inconvenience of not having air condintioning in the lobby at the time, and have since had the issue fixed. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!