“Great place to stop along I-80 in Nevada.” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fernley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Great place to stop along I-80 in Nevada.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The stretch of I-80 between Salt Lake City and Reno is 520 miles of pretty much nothing. We stayed in Fernley twice on a road trip; once in each direction. The hotel is tucked away in a weird location, but visible from the highway and exit. It's not where I would have put the hotel, but it really doesn't matter because it's removed from any other buildings.

The staff is very friendly and the breakfast was great. The woman "running" the breakfast was extremely nice, even helping another guest make a waffle (she had some sort of hand injury). One of the better breakfast experiences I've encountered in my numerous hotel stays. The pool is your standard indoor hotel pool.

Hotel was very clean and quiet for the most part.. I assume that because of its location, it's a popular hotel with mining and railroad crews, who tend to retire early. I said quiet for the most part because it is close to a major rail line. Trains pass often enough that you'll see them a handful of times, but we didn't have a problem with it when we were on the back side of the hotel. There was no vibration from the trains and the sound was drowned out by the room's A/C unit. However, that can bother some people, especially light sleepers, so if you're one of those people, then you might want to request a room on the front of the hotel.

There's a gas station with food options nearby, and then a restaurant attached to a casino, but just an exit down there's a whole slew of good food options and a grocery store, so that's your best bet. Between Nevada's I-80 cities east of Reno--Wendover, Winnemucca, Battle Mountain and Fernley--Fernley is by far the best in my opinion.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room on the front of the hotel, away from the rail line.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. Feedback such as yours offers future travelers a good idea of how the hotel is operated. I appreciate you highlighting the efforts of the staff, such positive comments are great and encourage all of us to keep up the great work. If ever back in the area it would be our pleasure to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

About 10 PM and I was on I 80 heading east towards Reno but I knew hotels there were often booked on a Friday night and also hard to get in and out of with my truck and 40' trailer. I Google d hotels in Fernley NV and the Comfort Suites came up. I called the hotel and spoke with Ruben. Wow, very friendly, very helpful understood I was driving and was very patient with me on the phone. His customer service convinced me to go to that hotel. I told him I could not give him my credit card number over the phone because I was driving and he said no problem Johnnie, I will hold a room for you (even though I told him I might not be there till 1 AM). When I arrived the hotel was easy to locate off I 80 with the directions Ruben gave me. Plenty of parking for my rig and a nice looking facility even in the dark. When I went in to check in Ruben smiled and said you must be Johnnie! He checked me in quickly and gave me a ground floor room which I appreciated as I have bad knees and don't like stairs. Went to the room and it was very spacious (especially for the price). Great Beds, Nicely decorated, large bathroom, WOW, pretty fast internet too.

Next morning when I went to the breakfast area Lisa was working the desk and the breakfast. Helped me with a special breakfast request with a smile. Asked me if I would like to watch different channel on the TV too. NICE!!!

Bottom line: Great People, Great Service, Very Nice Facility. Stay here and you will be happy.

Room Tip: Call for a reservation
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is spotlessly clean and the beds are very comfortable. The staff is bright, friendly and alert. Beware of the trains that pass through during the night. The bathroom is large with a nice shower. Even has a couch and coffee table.

• Stayed December 2012
Eagle Point, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great place to stay; very reasonably priced. The free breakfast is the usual fare, nothing exceptional, but the staff is terrific! It's close to the freeway with easy on and off. Light sleepers might be bothered by the nearby train tracks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the train tracks, if that's possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brockton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Mom and I stayed two nights in September. We were a little concerned as the train tracks were close by, after a while we did not notice them - except one night on the way in we had to count the cars! New hotel, right off the highway, impeccably clean, staff was terrific, complimentary breakfast was nice. Good value.

Room Tip: Roooms closer to the lobby are a little further away from the train tracks
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Comfort Inns & Suites is our favorite hotel chain and this one didn't disappoint, with one exception. The room was very clean and spacious. Our king bed was a very comfortable pillow top, and the bathroom was perfectly appointed with an adequate number of towels and washcloths and toiletry items. The only disappointment with our room was that the wifi didn't work in our room. After wandering around in the hallway and common areas, it was apparent that this hotel needs to get a stronger router as the only area we could get online was the lobby/common area. That being said, in spite of not having internet we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If wifi is a must for you, be sure and ask the front desk clerk for a room that they KNOW has wifi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great place the BEST Comfort Suites I've stayed at and I stay at a lot of hotels this place is very clean and comfortable the beds and the bedding want to make you stay in bed all day.Spacious rooms and the staff is great all very friendly.The breakfast was typical hotel breakfast but it serves the purpose.If I have to return to this area this is where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Was on first floor very quiet..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!