“New, quiet, and comfortable as any Holiday Inn Express” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Fernley
West Sacramento
“New, quiet, and comfortable as any Holiday Inn Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I didn't see or experience any problems whatsoever when we stayed overnight. The hotel is very new, clean, comfortable, and has very attentive front desk service. The hot breakfast was very good and there is an indoor pool. The bedding was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was large with a huge tub/shower. It would be great for a relaxing bubble bath! Great place, as far as I'm concerned. We're staying there again next week.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have stayed in many Hotels. this is by far the best place I have stayed.We felt like we were part of the family..great food for breakfast. staff was very freindly... when passing thru this is were i will always stay...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We were staying mid-week traveling through Fernley on business. When we checked in there wre very few cars in the lot. When we came back from dinner, the parking lot was full of semi-trucks hauling pipes. Everywhere there were semi's and truck drivers. We wondered is this hotel or a truck stop?

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
reno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I stay in many hotels each year and never expierenced anything like this. I had my leg in a brace and was working at one of the tables in the lobby on my computer. Around 8 I went to get some water for tea. It was in an air pot located in the breakfast area. I fixed my tea and realized the water was cold, I could see the microwave and asked the girl at the front desk if I could use it to warm my water. She told me no she couldn't let me go back there. So I asked if she would warm it for me and she told me " you have a microwave in your room you can warm it there". (My room was clear at the other end of thebuilding) I asked "Are you really going to make me walk all the way back there to warm my water?" She said " she couldnt warm my cup in the microwave" I walked back to my room and warmed my tea. About one hour later a man came thru and got himself a cup of decaf which was cold and asked if she would make fresh because his was cold, she once again refused and told him to go to his room and make it. He too was in disbelief since it is a choice standard to have fresh hot coffee and water 24 hours a day.

Earlier that evening we had asked this same desk clerk where to eat, We were given one option, when we asked about other places we had seen her retort was " I don't know if I want to eat out I go to Reno" and she turned her attention away from us. I thought hotel industry was Hospitality not Hostitly. This Front desk agent is in the wrong position. We never saw anything but the top of her head and we overheard many of her personal conversations during our two day stay. We are thinking about trying another area hotel next time. We are moving to Fernley but wont have our friends or relatives stay where they are not taken care of. We did hear the train but we are train buffs 5 times during each night the whistle blew.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
south dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

One would think that with all the available, undeveloped land in Nevada a motel could be built just at least a block from the railroad tracks! That being said, while we did hear the muted rumble it did not interfere with our sleep. Fortunately we were on the "away" side. The beds were comfortable, room clean and staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Stayed here with my family of 5 while driving from Utah to California; this place is on the west end of Fernley, south of I80 and is hard to find at night. Excellent building with modern lobby. Rooms are very large, well appointed with HDTV, even the shower had marble walls. Although the train tracks run right next to the hotel, we weren't bothered as we ran the fan all night (warm weather). When loading the car, a train roared by and it was very loud, however.

Continental breakfast was typical of this type of hotel, with a make your own waffle machine the highlight. Pool was small but the kids enjoyed it and the fitness center was small but first class.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

On a drive to CA from UT, we needed a room at the last minute. Prices in Sparks and Reno were outrages so this was the town just before. Finding the hotel was a bit tricky. It's exit #48 and you have to look off to the right and you will see the sign. It is new so it's not on the nav systems.
The bed was very comforable. There were 6 pillows on the king bed. All pillows were different so you can choose the one you like best. There is a free continental breakfast.
I would stay again without question.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!