“Great stay in Fallon!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Fallon
Leonardtown, Maryland
“Great stay in Fallon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for three nights for work. Fairly new hotel in Fallon within easy walk/drive of places to grab a quick bite. Fallon is a small town so don't expect much, but this hotel is no different than nicer HIE hotels anywhere else. Quality rooms, good amenities and the service was great.

Had one minor issue on check-in. When I made the reservation I called twice and specifically inquired about the internet connectivity in the room, stating that I would need a hard wired Ethernet connection. Upon
confirming with the front desk the week prior to my stay, I opted to keep the reservation. I called again the Saturday before my Monday arrival to confirm once more and was given the same information. As a result, I cancelled my reservation at another establishment. Of course, upon check in I was assigned a room that had no Ethernet port, only wireless connectivity. I called the front desk and explained that I needed to be able to work from my room and my laptop for work had no wireless connection, which is why I requested a room with an Ethernet port. I asked to switch rooms and was told that the hotel was fully booked. At that point, I opted to send an email to the manager (since she had left a personal welcome note in the room with her contact info) and followed up with a voicemail to her. She replied the next day while I was in meetings indicating that my new room was ready for me and I could relocate anytime. I grabbed my things, checked into the new room, and had no issues at all after that. Management and the front staff was very professional throughout, and after a brief conversation and phone call, were more than willing to accommodate my request.

Aside from that, I had absolutely no issues at this hotel. The late afternoon cookies are a nice touch. The breakfast, while not great, is more than acceptable for a business traveler trying to grab a quick bite on the go. The room was quiet, clean, and very comfortable. The only reason I won't rate 5-stars is because of the room web connectivity issue which I tried to avoid by making my request in advance. With that, I would still highly recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FallonHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fallon, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We love to hear back from our guest and know we are doing our best to make it wonderful to be away from home, and be here with us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Susanville, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I had spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express before...kept thinking it had a different name when it first opened and it was very clean and plush. However, last month we were traveling through Fallon and decided to stay there again. A disappointment~~price way out of line but we were tired~~the room wasn't that clean, especially in the bathroom where the floor appeared to have dirt smudges near the corners~~and the room just didn't feel nice. Felt kind of grungy. When I checked my bank account, the hotel had assessed an extra fee which wasn't credited for a few days and removed from the account...another "surprise". Think we'll bypass this Holiday Inn Express next time.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you decide to stay...AND the extra charges!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fallon, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Drivingdriving,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Debbie is a #1 desk clerk who I know will pass on a hardy welcome and an immediate room assist to a tired road warriors. The facility is nicely located and while it had a fridge I did not have a microwave. I like these properties and I know I will get a great place to stay and a nice breakfast on the way out.

Room Tip: Has all of the amenities one looks for while traveling.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I recently stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Fallon Nevada. We had to be in Hawthorne the next day but wanted to stay in a hotel with more accommodations. Check in and out were both quick and easy. There is an indoor pool though I did not use it. The hotel has a complimentary breakfast which offers several choices and was quite good. Upon entering the room, I found a personalized note which is a nice touch. Much to my surprise, a towel animal was waiting for me on the table in the room. It was a moose; very cute and again a nice touch. The room was very clean and had all the amenities expected in a hotel room. There are several restaurants within close proximity. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
FallonHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fallon, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because we did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We come to Fallon once a year for business. We stay here because we are guaranteed clean rooms. Great service. Easy location. In the summer though, beware, kids at the pool can be loud- so you may want a room away from the pool. Enjoy the coffee downstairs in the morning. For great dinner or lunch go to Stockmans - across the parking lot.

• Stayed February 2014
FallonHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fallon, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Rochester,WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great place to stay, they are pet friendly and the staff and the maintenance crew were all very helpful, not that there were questions we had and everyone was more than helpful. They have a fresh breakfast more than filling. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a pleasant very comfortable relaxing stay!!

Room Tip: We have stayed in two different room at this hotel and we were satisfied with both!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
FallonHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fallon, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Not too many good hotels in Fallon Nevada, but for work purposes this works. Friendly staff, and eager to help you. The breakfasts are good, and very fresh. Nice sauna inside and pool, so in the winter it is nice to use. Close to there Walmart, and Albertsons which has a Starbucks inside.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fallon? Share your experiences!