“EXCELLENT Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Diego, California
“EXCELLENT Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went to the restaurant after referencing online reviews to include Trip Advisor. We were able to go on a Friday evening, one of the nights that they are open for dinner. We made reservations, as per the recommendations on the site. The food was EXCELLENT. We started off with some local beers and an appetizer that was composed of on the premise grown sweet onions that were lightly battered and served with a dipping sauce. For dinner we got the Filet, with the Sweet Potatoe Fries (a must to order) and the daily special of the Red Snapper in Itailian garnish. I can not say enough on the presentation, quality and freshness of the food, and overall great mix of flavors. The waitress was supper nice, and accomidating. She kept our basket filled with their fresh bread. A must to go to in Fallon, NV.

“Lamb burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Got the special = lamb burger

One of the best burgers I have had in awhile.
Great atmosphere. I will be back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carlsbad, California
“The Slanted Porch - Who Knew!?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

On a recent road trip from Boise, Idaho, we went through the small town of Fallon, Nevada. I had never heard of Fallon but could appreciate it's country-like charm. We asked the local fireman where we could get a great meal. He told us, "the only really good restaurant in Fallon he could recommend was The Slanted Porch". The chef was a transplant from New York City and WOW was it delicious! We came in too early for dinner which is served at 5:00 pm. but the Chef who came out to meet and greet us said they could make us a hamburger, fries and some of their homemade potatoe chips to try. It was the BEST hamburger I have ever tasted! Let me tell you why. The get all the local grown beef from ranchers in the area. It was a a fresh ground (on the premises) Angus Beef patty (thick) with Tillanook Cheddar cheese, FRESH right out of the garden tomatoe and it tasted like a back East tomatoe, onion and pickes on a potato bun. $8.99! I ate slow so I could enjoy every little bite I took! You say, but that's just a plain ole burger. Really? No this plain ole burger was anything but! The also had other burgers like the Western Burger, Jalapeno Ranch Burger, Mushroom Swiss Burger, Nevada Burger with Black Forest Ham and Swiss Cheese (yum!), the Double Trouble Burger which speaks for itself and last but not least the Spicy Chicken Sandwich with avocado, Jack Cheese and all the fixins. Are you hungry yet?
However this is just the tip of the iceburg when it comes to the food offerings at The Slanted Porch. They offer an array of assorted salads, other hot and delicious looking sandwhiches and forget about the dinner menu! OMgoodness! They have Artichoke Chicken Breast, Shrimp Scampi, Lobster, and the Macaroni and Cheese is well creamy and dreamy!
I have eaten all over the world and this restaurant is right up there with all the well-known establishments. This restaurant is nice enough to dress up but casual enough for passer-through shorts and tee shirt travelers such as ourselves. The prices for lunch are no more than what you would spend at a fast food place but tons better! The dinner prices are comparable to the delicious entrees and reflect the local fresh fare. It is money well spent! Hey you're on vacation! I left the restaurant feeling full, happy and thinking to myself..another gem in the most unlikely place...who knew!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque
“Good food in a nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The food is above average for Fallon, and the atmosphere is very pleasant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

they have a large selection of sandwiches for lunch and all come with salad or homemade potato chips. I did not eat as I like vegetables with my meal and they did not have any.
The prices are outrageous to me. I would not recommend it unless you want to spend money foolishly.

• Visited June 2012