“Glad I reconsidered!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sundown Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eureka
Sundown Lodge
You added Sundown Lodge to your Saves list
60 N. Main Street, P.O. Box 324, Eureka, NV 89316   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eureka
Reno, Nevada
“Glad I reconsidered!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

my last review completely lambasted this motel. I was convinced to try it again and am I glad I did!! They have new management (well the old managers were talked into coming back) and the difference is NIGHT and DAY! Ken went way out of his way for me this trip. I woke him up with a late check in but he handled it with professionalism and humor. He shared stories and details about Eureka and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with him. As for the room it was spotless and Ken upgraded me to the suite after a reservation snafu. I will definetely stay here on my future trips to Eureka. I am SO glad the owners talked Ken into coming back!!

Room Tip: I like street noises so I got one facing the street. Just request your preference and they will acc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Everett, Wa.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

As others have stated this is an older motel and is in serious need of some updating. Everything is old and worn. There are no frills, not even a coffee pot. The bathroom was clean, as were the sheets.( However I didn't go barefoot or sit on the bedspread.) The managers were pleasant. Would I stay here again? No.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Eureka hotels

Bernalillo, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place is definitely no frills. It's an older place with a staff I found to be friendly. The room was adequte and very reasonably priced for a holiday weekend. There really are not many options if you want to stay in Eureka. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gardnerville, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Rude, unpleasant managers. Dirty run down property. Moldy shower. Threadbare linens. Dirty walls. If you must stay here bring a sleeping bag to use on top of the bed. If traveling US 50 plan your trip to stay in Fallon or Ely. This was a business trip. Usually stay at the Best Western but it was full. The older couple that manage the property are rude and unhelpful. They apparently never heard of customer service. I expected the property to be old, but I also expected it to be clean which it was not. I must have done something to offend the woman manager because she slammed the office door so hard behind me I thought the window would break.

Room Tip: Stay at the Best Western or drive to Fallon or Ely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

after seeing previous reviews I thought this would be a nice, if older, place to stay. Was I wrong! The "interesting older gentleman" was rude and unhelpful, at best. The heater in the room was blowing out cold air. Their solution? Unplug it. So I was in a room with no heat and it was 28 degrees outside. The toilet backed up several times, the door lock was broken and there were electrical sockets missing with no covers. Older I can handle...unsafe and rude I cannot. Pay the extra and stay at the Best Western or stop at Fallon or Ely where you actually have a choice in motels.

Room Tip: if you choose to stay here pick an upstairs room. Bottom floor rooms are VERY noisy. Also make sur...
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

older motel, but so is everything in Eureka. To me that is what makes it so great! Friendly older gentleman at front desk. Rooms are clean & the shower had great pressure. Heater worked very well. This is half the cost of the Best Western in town.....Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marina, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

After a long day of driving we were expecting more options for a motel room in Eureka but the Sundown Lodge had a vacancy on the ground floor so it was convenient for shopping and dining. It was not a 5 star but it was clean quiet and the heater worked fine. We would gladly stay there again and recommend it to others that are stopping for the night.

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor which was convenient for walking around town.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sundown Lodge? Share your experiences!