“Average, not a standout” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: phone 775.289.8866
Description: phone 775.289.8866
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Average, not a standout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My hubby and I stopped here after staying at the Hotel Nevada. We walked in and no one was around to seat us and we didn't see a sign so we sat ourselves at a nearby booth. Then a waitress came running over with coffee. She didn't look too pleased. I apologized for seating ourselves and she said it was fine but I'm not so sure. Maybe they aren't too fond of tourists? I can't see why though as that's what's keeping this town alive. Anyway, we ordered breakfast and I mispronounced the item I was ordering. I mixed up something like dogwood and dagwood. They waitress was sure to make a face and correct me. I laughed it off but wasn't too pleased with her either. After that, service was slow and the food was just average, nothing spectacular. The decor was cute though. We used the time to plan the day ahead of us and relaxed a little but I don't know that I'd be back to this place if in Ely.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bainbridge, Georgia
“Food Good Service Slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food was good. I loved their French Fries. They tasted homemade. But the service was very very slow.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jerome, Idaho
“Food was fine, service was S L O W”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The restaurant was not that busy, and greeting/seating were fast. Got menus, gave our order, and waited, and waited and waited . . . I finally asked the server if our food was coming soon. They brought the scone and toast first, then the egg dishes, all of which were very good.

Visited June 2013
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
“no redeeming qualities”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Ate her on 6/14/13. Don't usually contribute reviews, but this place was so awful that I wanted to advise other who might make the mistake of stopping by here. 'Awful," not in the sense that they tried to have a quality restaurnat and failed, but "awful" in that I've rarely been anyplace with so little interest in customer satisfaction. First: Unless you're interested in burgers or fried food there's no reason to even slow down while driving by. I had the Pork Chop Dinner and it was probably more a comical than disappointing experence. Came with either salad bar or soup. The limp lettuce and petrified pinaple in the salad bar made the soup my choice. No "choice," however. All the had was (New England) clam chowder. it was all corn starch and salt- totally inedible. Dinner came with a potato and they were out of mashed potato(s) and (also) gravy, I ordered the baked potato. A good choice, as someone else in my party had the French fries and said they were as tasteless as any fries they'd ever had. Was supposed to come with vegetables, but they claimed to be TOTALLY out of vegetables. I actually bent their flimsy fork trying to cut my two pork chops. Dessert was supposed to be part of the "dinner." Three items were mentioned as choices. But; all they had was ice cream. And ONLY vanilla. Decor? An artist would be required to do LESS with acoustic tile and fluorescent lighting. Sterile. Bleak. Univiting. All more than it deserves. My waitress was totally stone faced (the few times I saw her). i really dreaded having to either lie or tell the truth when I payed my bill, anticipating that she would ask, "How was your meal." However; she was a silent and disinterested at the register as she was serving my meal. Finally: I looked at their breakfast items. The prices were what I would have expecred to pay at a hotel restaurant, not a free standing "family restaurant." My advice to to avoid this place even if everything else is closed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Reno, Nevada
“good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

generous portions and good home cooking the way you like it. the local eat here and the staff is friendly

Visited May 2013

Been to Silver State Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Silver State Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.