“Shilo Inn, stay away” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Elko
Preston, Idaho
“Shilo Inn, stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed in Shilo Inn, in Elko NV, it was gross, dirty, In both rooms the gross hair in and all over the bathroom, in one room mouse poop, both room looked like the floors not been cleaned for weeks, just a bad place all around, beware go somewhere else trust me motel 6 was cleaner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Elko, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Tonya S,

I was really sad to hear about your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Elko. I hope that you had made your complaints to the front desk when you were not happy with your rooms. We would have done what ever we could to have made you comfortable. I very much want to let you know that we do not have mice. Again I am sorry that you were not unsatisfied with your stay.

Shilo Inn Elko, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
sacramento, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

my son, 20, and his girlfriend were driving from sacramento to montana and i didn't want them to drive straight through. I called the Shilo Inn and spoke with Toni and explained. She so easily set it up for us to charge the room to our credit card without any problem, even though it was only two days before the kids got there. Then, on the way back, all it took was a phone call to book them a night for the return trip home. Sure, lot's of hotel's could n would have done it, but Toni really cares about people and their needs. Thank's Toni. If I ever come that way, even if I don't need a room i would stop by and thank you again! You understood my concern for my son and cared. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Talk to Toni and explain your needs or concerns. And she will do anything she can to help you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear jodie h,

The Shilo Inn Elko would like to thank you for feed back concerning the Front Desk Supervisor. We are happy that she was able to make you feel comfortable and we hope that we will be able to have you come stay with us again.

Shilo Inn Elko, Manager
Johnston Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I can not believe they charged me for my pet. Old is not the word for it. I was wondering if sleeping on bathroom floor was an option in lieu of bed or carpet. Traveling for my company and afraid they would be charged if we left. Oh well -we left and drove to Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Helen S,

We at the Shilo Inn Elko were very sorry to hear about your recent feelings about our property. We really take all comments from people very seriously and try to improve daily. We hope that this experience will not keep you from trying another Shilo property or giving us another try as we try constantly to improve.

Shilo Inn Elko, GM
Nuneaton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Our travel agent booked this as an overnight stay to break the journey between Lake Tahoe and Salt Lake City. It served the purpose but It would not be on my wish list to return to. The rooms are large and well equipped but the whole place looks tired and ready for a refurb. The carpets are in desperate need of replacement to the point where my wife would not walk on bare foot. The one big plus for us was that it had a washing machine and drier which helped us enormously.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sevvynuneaton,

Shilo Inn Elko are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We greatly appreciate all comments from our guests, we take them very seriously. We hope you won’t let this experience keep you from staying with us again as we are always striving to improve our properties.

Thanks

Shilo inn Elko, Manager
NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Sometimes it's very tough to find a room in Elko at any price.this place works just as well as the majority of other hotels in town. Rooms are average, location is pretty good- close to a lowe's & decent food choices. Can't get too picky in Elko- nice town, but rooms hard to come by.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Carson City, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

First I'll start with the check in which we booked online with a confirmed reservation. When we arrived, there was no record of it on the computer, so the clerk called it in and evidently the main computers went down. The clerk kept us waiting while she was on the phone with the main office, while we did have the copy of the confirmed reservation in hand, she did not let us check in. We waited close to 30 minutes, being tired from the trip you would think she'd check us in and then sort it out with the office.
The room was just ok with the basics, a small bathroom with the vanity out into the room with a wall hair dryer that you have to unplug to turn off, no lotion is provided, small table, dresser, mirror, nightstand, lamps, 2 queens, free showtime w/basic channels only, refrigerator, wet bar, microwave and a 2 cup coffee pot. Shower had peeling paint on the ceiling and gave you only 1 soap and 1 shampoo, no conditioner. Carpet smelled a little of urine and had stains. Sheets were not crispy, but old and used, pillows were flat and the mattress has seen better days and the A/C was a little noisy.
They give you a voucher to have breakfast at 1 of the 2 places offered. Do not go to the Country restaurant next door, their food was terrible. We had breakfast and dinner there, giving it a try again for a different meal, they were still bad. They had an alternative place, Matties grill, across the way, is probably better. Stockman's Casino has great breakfasts and a much better choice.
For the price, this place is not worth it, pay a little more and get alot more at some of the other hotels. Elko, in my opinion, is a little pricey for the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Elko, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear NVCOUNTRYGIRL X,

Here at the Shilo Inns Elko Hotel we were sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. We really appreciate hearing from our guests so that we may use that information to improve our service to our guests. I am sorry to hear what happened to you at check-in and I can assure you that it is not the normal experience. I was also sorry to hear that there was some items in the room that were not what was expected. We appreciate your business and hope that at some point you feel that you could give us another try.

Barbara Haynes
Elko General Manager
Monterey California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We selected this "Pet Friendly" hotel in Elko, Nevada as frankly there were only two or more in this small town that took pets and this was supposedly a 2 star hotel. Not the best obviously, but the best of what was available. Our "pet friendly" room, Rm 127, was completely worn out. The carpeting was host to literally hundreds of stains from previous animals, the bottom of the entry door was chewed away and generally for over $100, was really poor. The bathroom door was falling to pieces, made from some kind of wood derivative and overall was a pretty grim experience. They advertise breakfast but you are given a voucher for breakfast for use at a local restaurant. They also advertised a "business center". Upon arrival I gave their fax number to my husbands' office to receive some important paperwork that needed signature. The fax would not work and the person on duty although apologetic seemed over her head with how to deal with such a simple request. I asked her why they advertise a "business center" when the most fundamental request could not be met. Elko isn't exactly Reno and there aren't too any choices but I would give this one a miss!!

Room Tip: I beleieve most of the pet friendly rooms are all in the same ground floor area and its a pretty see...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Elko, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
At the Shilo Inn Elko, we very much value our guest opinions and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We do have a number of rooms for pets (dogs only), which are located downstairs and convenient for the animals to get outside. For breakfast, we offer coupons to two restaurants, with at least three different hot breakfast choices at each restaurant. Our business center and free high speed internet is an amenity for our guests, and we are happy to assist where we can. I was sorry to hear that your fax did not come through, but happy to know that the desk agent was accommodating to help you. We thank you for your business, and hope you will come back and stay with us again at Shilo Inn Suites, Elko.

Barbara H.

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Elko? Share your experiences!