“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Elko
Vancouver, Canada
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

The rooms that me and my friend got were huge, with a balcony. Our rooms were clean, and didn't smell smokey like some other reviewers have mentioned. Has an outdoor pool that was closed during winter months. Has a couple of decent restaurants. The WiFi worked great throughout the hotel area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We both dont smoke, stayed in a non smokers room, was almost as bad at the registration desk, I do understand you can smoke virtually anywhere but still it's pretty gross. The room was decent facing away from the road, the bed was decent, the fixtures were decent. The coffee garden service was good, the gym looked decent, besides the smell the other issue was the tub went to use it and found it had white floating things in it. I am an HVAC tech, you may want to look at the use of active charcoal filters would take the smoke smell out and would improve my rating.

Room Tip: As stated before check in first then unpack your bags, the walk to your room can be a ways.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
drz77, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear Joey C:

I appreciate and do understand your comments about the smell of smoke in and around our casino, hotel hallways and your room. We are doing our best to resolve this problem, because we can certainly appreciate the concerns of our non-smoking guests. In fact, our environmental experts have made a number of suggestions which we hope will help with the smoky residual in the hallways and rooms. Unfortunately, we cannot always monitor smokers in a non-smoking section, which can make it quite uncomfortable for our non-smoking guests. In addition, I suspect the white objects you found in your tub could be some sort of cleaning residual, but I will be sure to speak with our Housekeeping Manager about this. I thank you for your patronage and hope you will visit us again should your travels return you to the Elko area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

When I arrived to check in my room, the male Auditor was extremely rude & insisted I wasn't in their computer. He was very short & appeared to be playing on the computer while I waited & waited & waited. I made the reservations directly with the hotel & I even had a confirmation number but he insisted I wasn't in the system. Finally after sometime 15minutes he told me he found my reservation. I asked what had happened & he apologized for not being fully awake..? I paid $139 for my room & this is how I am treated? As I left to go find my room(which he didn't even explain directions) I heard him tell a security guard "Cheap $&#% didn't tip".. Never will I stay in such a place. Never will I expose myself to such rudeness & unproffesionalism. The front desk person was the cause I hated my stay. Thanks to you I will NEVER stay at this property. Thanks Alberto for the kind service. Red Lions are nothing but a source of degradation.

• Stayed January 2012
drz77, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
To: Benzdealer1

I have just read your review on your recent stay at the Red Lion Hotel & Casino, Elko, Nevada, and I am very disturbed to read about your experience. I want you to know we will not accept this type of behavior from our employees, and we will be speaking to the entire front desk staff to reiterate our position. I would like to offer you a free stay the next time you are in the Elko area. We’d like to show you our better side for sure! If you would provide me with your e-mail or mailing address, I will send you that right away. Again, I am truly sorry to read of your experience with us. David R. Zornes, CEO, Red Lion Hotel & Casino (david.zornes@playelko.com).
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express, because we prefer non smoking hotels. Since it was booked, we chose the Red Lion. We stayes in a King Executive room, which was reasonably priced. The room was huge! It had two chairs/ottomans, microwave, fridge and a 42" flat screen TV. Wireless is throughout the hotel. Starbucks is in the hotel. My only complaint is that our nonsmoking room was just steps from the casino, and smoke permeated our room. Other than that, a great stay and a very good value.

Room Tip: Check the website for special pricing
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Norden, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed here again over Thanksgiving, again I got wonderful service, it's not always available but I got a shuttle to my train when I left. They were very personal in their service, I love that onsite Starbucks, the 24-hour cafe had my favorite breakfast omlette at 4am when my train came in.

I got a room right by the casino and it was very nice, it seems like the remodel is done, and it's worth spending a few bucks more for the room with the extra chair and other amenities.

I loved the new beds, I use a tempurpedic at home, these worked better for me than the Hilton I went to stay at in SF after this Elko visit. If they could just put the Red Lion Hotel of Elko in San Francisco, I would be in heaven.

Well, my other review tells the whole great story but I stayed again and wanted to mention another great experience.

Room Tip: Leave your bags in the car while you register and ask how far your room is from the front desk, you...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Elko is a nice place would like to spend more time there next time I am around. The hotel was nice great service as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mapleton Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I am very picky about hotels so i was very happy when we found this one. The rooms were quiet and the beds very comfortable. We ate on location and the dinner was very good. We will stay here again if we ever find ourselves in Elko again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Red Lion Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!