“Quite a gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino

You added Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2050 Idaho Street, Elko, NV 89801 (Formerly Gold Country Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Elko
Dallas, Texas
“Quite a gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Not only was the hotel room nice and clean for the 30 days I stayed there, but the staff was absolutely fantastic! I would happily stay here again, had a great experience! My only negative is that rooms were a little outdated, but my understanding is they are working to change that!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
I'm so happy to hear you had a great experience during your 30 day stay with us! We are very proud of our staff and will definitely pass on your kind words to them.

We are working to update all of our rooms; so far we've installed new Flat Panel TV's (in every room) and replaced mattresses in about half!

Thank you so much for posting a review and choosing us for your long term stay. We hope to see you again soon! Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I realize this motel would not be for everyone, but it was a perfect fit for my needs. The check-in and check-out experiences were just average, although the woman who assisted me both times was extremely nice. The outside of the place is pretty drab. And there's an odd mixture of inn buildings, RV parking, and maintenance facilities. I was fortunate to get a room with a parking place right in front of the door, which made it easy for me to unload and then reload my car. My room was also an end unit, so there was minimal noise. The bed was super comfortable, and I slept very well. The room was very nicely decorated, and the furniture was actually quite beautiful. The decor was old west style, and someone has put a lot of time and attention into selecting furnishings that create a warm ambiance. The carpet was somewhat worn, but the room was very clean with no hint of smoke or any other unpleasant odors.

I was disappointed that the fitness room hours didn't overlap my stay. I took a peek in there, and the facilities seemed decent.

Overall, I was glad I chose to stay here for a short night of sleep in the middle of a long drive.

Room Tip: I would lean toward a ground floor room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for posting a review! I'm happy to hear we provided everything you needed for your stay and that you enjoyed the decor of your room. We take pride in offering our guests a nice, comfortable room and it's wonderful to hear we did that for you.

I'm sorry you were unable to utiltize our fitness room during your stay. Due to it's location we needed to put those hours in place for our guests comfort in the surround rooms.

Thank you so much for choosing us and hope to see you again soon!
Alameda, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Not so crazy about staying in a casino hotel because the lobby was smoke filled and noisy. But the reservation clerk was very nice and accommodating. The room was also a nice surprise, clean and well furnished without that lingering cigarette smoke smell that comes with so many converted "non-smoking" rooms. The shower worked great and the bed was comfortable although a little worn. We asked for an upper floor away from traffic and the room was quiet except for one late arriving guest with a loud diesel truck.

We weren't impressed by the restaurant (the wait staff were the only people that weren't nice). We only ate here because it was convenient, however I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with breathing issues as the non-smoking area was not separate and was very smoky. Food was just OK.

Room Tip: Book in advance and ask for your preference - they try to accommodate you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay wtih us! I'm pleased to here you were happy with your accommodations however I'm saddened to hear about your experience with our restaurant. Please be assured I will be passing on your comments to the management and staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

From the outside, this looks pretty much like a typical 1970s-era motel. Wasn't sure we would stay until I walked into the lobby--filled with slot machines and pretty campy. Reservation desk employees were very nice and helpful. I have to say things looked pretty shabby until we unlocked our door. The room was very clean, nicer than the exterior would predict and the beds very comfortable. Dinner in JR's Steakhouse was decent and very inexpensive. Pretty entertaining to stroll through the casino and fine for a one-night stop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for stopping and deciding to stay! We appreciate you posting a review and we hope to see you again soon!
Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed at this location for a single night. The accommodations were fair. Large room - which was nice. The other property's I've stayed at in Elko were not as roomy. Plenty of hot water for our showers ( 2 occupants in the room).

The beds were comfy and the room was well appointed. A little on the noisy side. At 3:00 AM, a 'neighbor' was heard yelling very loud for his companion to hold the door while he was moving luggage. This woke us both up and was very concerning after being in a deep sleep. Outside traffic (train and vehicle) could be heard, but, was not overpowering.

The pool is outdoors and due to the late season was unavailable.

Staff was VERY nice and our reservation was error free.

I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Try JR's restaurant. Very Tasty & Excellent Service
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for posting a review! We take pride in offering the best customer service and so it pleases me to hear our staff was very nice and your reservations were correct. I do apologize for your noisy neighbors and hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Elko and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Marietta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here twice on our cross country drive. The first time we have a really nicely western styled furnished room right across from the laundry area-it was very convenient since I had to do laundry-Area D! I loved the room decor! We parked right outside our door.
The 2nd time we stayed here, we had a small dog and we had a plain large room-(not cutely decorated ). The parking area was very small and we had to park way around the corner from our room-Area A. The hotel has exterior doors. We would stay here again but we will not stay in Area A because of the parking.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Area A unless you don't mind parking away from your room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello! Thanks for posting a review about both your stays with us! We are very happy you chose us for your stop in Elko.

We are very proud to welcome pets at our property and allow them in our A & E buildings so when you come through again give us a call and we'll try our best to get you into E building. Thank you again and hope to see you soon!
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We loved it here. We were given a disabled suite as they were full. It consisted of 2 delightful rooms. Very pretty and nicely decorated. New looking furniture. Did find it strange though that the coffee maker was in the bathroom..... this was a very large room as would be expected.
Very clean.
It was good value for money (80 dollars) even without breakfast.
Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I'm happy to hear we were able to find a room for you! Thanks for the review and we hope you will come see us again the next time you are in the states! Safe travels!

Been to Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino? Share your experiences!