“Spacious and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elko Inn Express

Elko Inn Express
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elko
Elko Inn Express
You added Elko Inn Express to your Saves list
837 Idaho Street, Elko, Elko, NV 89801   |
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Elko
Longview, Texas, United States
“Spacious and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayef here 3 nights and the air stayed cool, beds were comfy,room was huge with.double sing. They dont have much breakfast w just some imitation oj,milk,toast,bagels,muffins,three or four.cereals which was very hard to chew, but bagel filled me up with cream cheese and jelly they had available. O thought the trays to carry ur breakfast to ur room was helpful. Staff was friendly, but pool was covered. our last night i got thirsty and my hubby went to get ice and the ice room was locked, so he went to front desk and it was locked and not a soul in sight. He even called and no answer. You do have a stainless steel fridge in ur room and microwave and lots of cabinets. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Jessica R, Manager at Elko Inn Express, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Dear Keesha,

I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give us some feedback!
I am super glad you enjoyed your stay with us for the most part , I do want to apologize about the office and ice room being closed. Our office normally closes at 10 p.m. but we do have a doorbell that makes it convenient for anyone who needs something after hours, we recently added a window box in our front desk that way the door can remain locked for security purposes so now someone is always in the office and if not we are just a ring away!
I sure hope to see you in the near future and doing business with you again

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Dirty floors, walls and furniture, A/C didn't work, non-smoking room had cigarette burns in the sheets, towels were dirtier than other hotels' bike-washing rags. The toilet wouldn't flush #2 on the first try. We had to change our own light bulbs in the room. They screwed up the reservatons for two other parties of our group, and they had to kick out Cousin Esai for our friends to get their room. The fact that the tv and furniture are dated in a hotel room don't bother me, only cleanliness, and they couldn't even provide that. My 9 year-old was grossed out by this place (to finish John's thought), and 9 year old boys are hard to revolt. Fortunately, there were no bed bugs (at least back in June). The best part about our stay was leaving.

• Stayed June 2011
Jessica R, General Manager at Elko Inn Express, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Dear Chris,

I would like to take the time to thank you for the feedback, although I do want to apologize for the horrible experience you did have with us, If I do recall this was during the jamboree we did have a problem that year with our a/c unit and unfortunately things like that are out of our hands especially when things break down. We do strive everyday to do the best we can to keep our customers happy and its no excuse but these are our busiest events and we try our best to accommodate everyone. We did provide fans for our guests. I hope you notified us about the burn sheets so that our housekeepers can be more careful even though I might argue with you on that topic I think a lot of people are well aware that even though sometimes rooms are non smoking people smoke in them but it is no excuse for our workers to not check things like that. We have always made sure when our non smoking rooms are smoked in we do take extra precautions to make sure they are back to how they are supposed to be. And I am sorry but we never have kicked out any guests from our hotel actually we are the only hotel I know for sure in Elko that have had long term rentals and worked around that so they are not stuck without a room for the weekend or whatever the occasion might be, that is probably why your friends rooms had to be moved around we want to keep everyone happy. I hope in the near future if you ever decide to come back to Elko,NV you can give us another shot to at least show you we are trying to improve a lot of things. We look forward to seeing you soon
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

my stay was very comfortable and the staff was awsome.... the rooms were big and had refigerator and microwaves in the rooms.I needed an early check in and they were the only ones to keep their word. The rooms were average actually nice and a great value. If you want the hilton this is not your kinda place... it's just a good place to stay at a good price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I wanted to take the time to thank you for the feedback, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are trying to improve more things to keep our guests happy. I hope that if you ever visit Elko, NV you do come back and stay with us . We look forward to doing business hopefully in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

A friend and I stayed at the Elko Inn for three weeks. Why three weeks? I don't know, three minutes would have been sufficient. Looked like a family of four had been murdered and no one bothered to clean the carpet afterwards. No alarm clock and no electrical outlets on three of the four walls. Air conditioner only worked for a couple days before it blew nothing but warm air. Motel staff did nothing to fix problem except hand us an old dusty box fan that accomplished absolutely nothing. Since the windows didn't open we had no choice but to leave the door open during 90 plus degree weather. Was it at least a cheap place to stay? At $300 a week my answer would be no. I wish I could give more thumbs down, but I only have two.

• Stayed July 2011
I wanted to thank you For the feedback , Even though it looks like you were very unsatisfied I sincerely apologize. There is no excuse even though we do try our best to accommodate our guests, It will never be enough I sincerely hope you let us know about all the issues because just giving us a bad review will never let us know all the issues. If you did stay long term I can understand why you would say that it looked like a family had been murdered and no one bothered to clean it is one way to put it ,but you have to understand we shampoo after each long term rental checks out and we use special cleaners to get the grease stains out because we have nothing but miners and drillers that stay at our facility and a few families here and there. It is obvious that they are going to get those nasty stains in the carpet but we would never leave the stains to where it looks like a murder scene. I do recall This is when our A/C unit went out and we are located in a city where all the necessary parts are not accessible for us at hand most of the time we have to go through people out of town to work with us and to get us up and running. I hope that if you are ever around in the area you can come by and check out our rooms. We are doing the best on our end to try and keep our long term rental rooms as clean and nice as we can but we don't have the budget to get new carpet every time a long term rental leaves. we look forward doing business with you soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Where do I begin... They had canceled 2 of the 6 rooms my friends and I reserved. No ones Air Conditioning worked. The bedding was filthy, some had smoking sheets in non smoking rooms. The towels in the bathroom were so dirty they looked like the towels they gave us to wash our bikes with. The bathroom was so filthy it made most public restrooms and port o potties seem immaculate. Every chair was heavily stained and most were so worn the padding was showing. Rugs, ceiling tiles, curtains, and walls were equally stained or cover in filth. There was no pool furniture out by the pool, although the pool itself was so full of dirt I wouldn't have gone in anyway. We had a 9 year old boy with

Room Tip: There are no good rooms !!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
I wanted to take the time to thank you for the review. I sincerely do apologize about your horrible stay with us. But I do know our team is dedicated to exceed customer service on our end, We truly care about our guests I don't know where you are getting horrible staff I do appreciate your opinion but I know we have a great staff and there are things we are improving so we can be better. We would never cancel room reservations, In fact that's a loss for us, our guests come first so I do not know what actually happened with your friends rooms, and to be honest with you that would upset me as well but someone had to have cancelled them from your party. The a/c unit did go out on us but unfortunately those are things that happen and we don't have all the parts accessible to us immediately we have to go out of town for the most part to get us up and going those are things that are out of our hands. About the towels being so filthy I hope you did take them to the front desk so we could exchange them for you. We constantly order new towels so I am not sure if you just got a bad set or what but we always have nice clean towels. As far as the cleaning we have always strived for nice clean rooms if we didn't meet your needs I hope you can come back and lets us prove to you were working harder and harder each day to meet every guests needs we are not a corporate hotel, nor do we have the most expensive things in our rooms but I can assure you we do have nice spacious clean rooms, And an awesome staff. I do apologize for the experience you went through and hope we can better assist you in the near future.
Iowa City, IA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The rooms were dirty, towels were dirty, the stool didn't flush without taking off the cover, and the sink didn't drain. We asked three times to have the air conditioner fixed but it never worked. Only one outlet worked and one of four lights worked. We are very disappointed with this motel and would not encourage others to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
West Jordan, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

The staff is very unfriendly and needs training in what customer service is. They screwed up several reservations for our group. The rooms had dirty sheets, dirty chairs and dirty floors. The towels were more like rags than actual towels. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Elko Inn Express? Share your experiences!