“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Elko, Nevada
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I think anyone who gave this place bad reviews is nuts!!!! This is the best sushi I've ever had and I use to live in Portland Oregon seafood Mecca! Excellent food and how often do you get to eat 'all you can eat' for thirty bucks!? Plus appitizers, soup and salad. Excellent food, and service. They're quick. Best place in Elko to eat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rapid City, South Dakota
“All you can eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

When I'm feeling hungry, I come here and get the all you can eat. Good sushi generally, although service can be surprisingly slow. Don't even bother with the volcano roll..pain and suffering.

Visited March 2012
Elko, NV
“Things have gone downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

When I moved to Elko two years ago, it was the best place to eat in town. Much better than Flying Fish, and for the rather expensive price of around $30, I could eat all the sushi I wanted. Anyone who understand "all you can eat" knows that 30 bucks does not cover an entire family. So stop being surprised at a $175 bill for several people.

But...over the last two years the service has dropped over a cliff. There are two people I pray I don't get, ever. They will shut down the restaurant for private parties with no notice but a hand written sign on the door that day.

But...if you choose to try Flying Fish, instead, be aware that, while the service at FF is better, the food is much, Much, MUCH more expensive. We leave hungry and poor every time we go there.

If the service at Kubuki would improve I would be there once a week and bring friends.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lamoille, NV
“An embarrassing effort”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I can't say that this is the worst sushi I've ever eaten, because it was, in fact, edible. That's about as far as it goes, though. I have to wonder if the people who've given positive reviews to this place have ever had decent sushi before. I'm serious - you'll get better sushi in the little containers at the grocery store, and for a lot less money. Not only that, but the service was inept and the kitchen got mightily lost in trying to fill orders for a table of seven.

They have an "all you can eat" special made up of a bunch of entry-level rolls and a few nigiri for about $20. And they have a selection of standard rolls, along with copies of a few developed at the good sushi place in Elko.

Do yourself a favor. Go to the Flying Fish and have the sushi there. The fish will be fresher, the rolls will be more creative and the presentation will be what it should be in a nice sushi place.

This is the third time I've given this place a chance, and my last.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Elko
“Good Food Over Priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

An example of Captive Audience syndrome. Although the food is decent I would rather drive the 3 to 4 Hours to Salt Lake City or Reno to spend less money. This restaurant is typical of living in Elko, just because were out on the end of the vine they charge more when you can go to a larger town and eat for half the price. But I fear until the City Council and County Commissioners release their strangle Hold on this Community we will be forced to suffer the High Cost of Dining here in Elko.

• Visited March 2012