“mediocre at best” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Springtown, Texas
“mediocre at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I ate here with 2 children (8 and 15) and my 2 parents (mid 80s). We wanted Basque-style family dining and while they describe themself as a Basque restaurant, they aren't really. My youngest ordered a child's meal, my parents ordered senior meals. They come with a side, but are not family-style. My oldest child and I ordered fried chicken to split and paid for extra sides. They were served Basque-style, but the food was tasteless and barely warm. The only good part was the chicken skin- it was delicious. The portions were very generous, but the prices were rather steep for the quality..

Visited July 2012

California
“Terrible and expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

A total dive that charges 15 - 25 dollars for gross main dishes and canned side dishes. Avoid at all costs. I'd rather eat at McDonlads, and I hate McDonalds.

Visited July 2012
reno nv
“A little different but very good!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Not like some Basque places where you have to sit with others that you don't know Not that there is anything wrong with that! But when you want to visit with the people you are with it is very nice to sit in a regular booth. Also there is an actual menu you can look at not just a board or being told what is being served that day. One person in our party ordered a steal A very large steak!! The other two of us went for the baked chicken. It is only $13.99!!!! We did not choose it for the price but when we got all the food that comes with it I was impressed with the price. You get a self serve tureen of chicken soup.It is very good! The salad doesn't look that great just lettuce with a white dressing but it is so good!!! It has a tangy garlic dressing. The next course is speghetti and chicken flavored rice and green beans. The green beans were just green beans, the rice was very good. The half chicken is served covered with a grilled red pepper a colorful idea and good, You get your choice of patatoes the baked was just right and the french fries are a very large order in a seperate bowl. The chicken was very moist and baked to an even brown color It looked good and tasted good The service was very quick and refills came without asking The bread is like sheepherders bread or like homemade white bread Overall a very nice dining experience. It looks like a 50's diners but if you want good food at a fair price go there!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cold Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

The wine was okay..the price was only $4.00 a glass. The bean soup was cold but flavor good. Rice flavor was good and again cold. The cold spaghetti was not worth eating...I believe it came out of a can! My baked potato was hot but tasted like it was baked several days ago and reheated. The salad was loaded with dressing. The chicken was very good. Our waitress was very pleasant. But we will never go back.

Elko, Nevada
“My favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

Whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner Toki Ona is my favorite place to eat!