“Looks nothing from the outside! Great food!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

405 Silver St, Elko, NV 89801-3721
775-738-9691
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Spanish
“Looks nothing from the outside! Great food!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and amount of food we got here. HUGE portions and freshly cooked, a bit of a gem that looks like a half finished house on the outside. Try it and enjoy the food.

Visited September 2012

53% Recommend
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Not bad, not outstanding. Some things definitely better than others.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We recently ate here because we couldn't get into the Star due to crowds there on a weekend night. A friend of ours had offered Biltoki as an alternative for Basque cuisine in Elko, so we decided to check it out, and it is only a block or two away from the Star. The restaurant was nice, the staff *extremely* friendly, but the food was just "OK" from my perspective. My husband had the filet mignon as his main entree, which I must admit was *extremely* good -- definitely order this if you go! I opted for the fried prawns, which were rather rubbery and the breading was soggy. I'd never order the prawns again, to be sure. We were treated to the typical Basque family style dinner where we started out with bread and soup (cabbage soup - very good), then were brought a good salad which seemed to have a nice garlic dressing, followed later with spaghetti, french fries and peas with carrots before our main course arrived. If you leave this place hungry, it's your own darned fault! Our waitress was awesome, and managed to provide good service to us while manage numerous other tables. Would we eat there again? Yes -- but only if we couldn't get into the Star.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenbrae
“Better than the one up the street in the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went there on a Sunday night since two others we considered were closed. This was a pleasant surprise! Great soup, salad, the BEST lamb chops i've ever had (in over 70 years), skip the beans and spaghetti but do NOT skip the fries which led me back to an earlier place in time when they were all like these: freshly peeled potatoes, deep fat fried just right and totally delicious. Much better than the so called fresh fries at In/Out.

This place has zero curb appeal but once inside you feel at home.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Folsom, LA
“Great - Don't Pass It Up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My brother leaves in Spring Creek (right up the road from Elko) and I couldn't wait to eat here. I'm from the New Orleans area and know good food when I eat it. Everything was wonderful from the bread through to the entree. We were so full from the bread, soup, salad, pasta, fries and green beans we couldn't eat more than 2 bites of our steaks (we took them to go and had beef fajitas the next day). My ribeye steak was as big as my plate. My sister-in-law got the filet (butterflied) and it was HUGE. I couldn't recommend this restaurant any higher. Can't wait to come back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pocatello Idaho
“best Basque food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

it was all good we had lamb three ways beef cabbage soupand a lot more it was great

Visited June 2012