“Not fancy - but not bad!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cal-Neva Resort Spa and Casino

Save Saved
You added Cal-Neva Resort Spa and Casino to your Saves list
Arcata, California
“Not fancy - but not bad!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a super rad time. The hotel wasn't over-run with fun, but the staff was accommodating and friendly. We weren't expecting any other than what we got, the reviews are pretty accurate. The room was clean, the view was epic, the gym/hot tub were empty so I got them to myself, the beach just west a mile away was great! Boats, jet-skis, all kinds of options to get out on the lake, I think they even had parasailing. For dinner we popped out to the end of the drive-way, the Mellow Fellow - it's a beer pub - the menu doesn't look like much but it was delish and the beer menu was off the hook! We did a little gambling up the road at the Biltmore and the Crystal Bay, it was a short walk and their was lots of folks playing blackjack and craps. The Cal-Neva was totally worth the fair price, and they have an amazing arcade. The kids would be entertained for hours in it while you sip cocktails in the gorgeous circle bar and play Video Blackjack. :)

Room Tip: Get a lake view. It's worth it. The west side rooms have the best view, but there is also a balc...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reston, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Okay, we went to Cal-Neva Lodge in the middle of the week in May, before the summer season, but there were no customers in the entire casino, the restaurant was not open for lunch and it was as quiet as a tomb. We had anticipated it would be quiet, but it was completely dead. And we couldn't get lunch, either. I didn't see anything that would draw me back. That's too bad as it is in a great location and has a marketable history. Maybe the tunnel tours would be an interesting view of the Sinatra era there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Arcadia, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Okay, if you regard your hotel as an all-consuming destination which should be perfect in every detail, you should choose another hotel. The place needs a coat of paint, and the room decor is a flashback to your gramma's house (or your mom's, depending on your age). We're talking federal-style furniture, striped fabric wallpaper, and those curvy swag-things on the curtains. Me, I can't always afford to take a trip whenever I want to, so I rate hotels on value for dollars. Using an email off-season promotion, I got a clean, huge room with a king bed on the 9th (top) floor with a view to die for and a $20 breakfast voucher for about the cost of a room at a Motel 6. The place felt weird the day I arrived, simply because there were so few guests, but a couple days later there were wedding and graduation parties. Everything in the room worked, everyone on the staff was very pleasant and helpful and acted as if they enjoyed their jobs. The place needs a benefactor to spruce it up. I understand the new owner plans to turn it into a 5-star hotel. That'll make me a bit sad, because then I won't be able to stay there and wake up to the view of all time. The secret tunnel tour is a must, well worth the ten bucks just to hear Hans the guide spin his conspiracy theories involving Sinatra, the mob, and the Kennedys. Bottom line, they showed me a good time and enabled me to do a Tahoe escape for a few days.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Cal-Neva Resort Spa and Casino? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cal-Neva Resort Spa and Casino

Address: 2 Stateline Road, (Currently closed for renovations), Crystal Bay, NV 89402
Location: United States > Nevada > Lake Tahoe (Nevada) > Crystal Bay
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Hotel Class:3 star — Cal-Neva Resort Spa and Casino 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Cal-Neva Resort Spa and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cal-Neva Hotel Crystal Bay
Cal Neva Lodge
Cal-Neva Resort Spa And Casino Crystal Bay, Lake Tahoe (Nevada)

If you own or manage Cal-Neva Resort Spa and Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.