“Good For The Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Carson City
Redwood City, California
“Good For The Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed at this property three times in the last month for both business and pleasure. The staff is always nice and the rooms are fairly clean. One room had a non-working a/c unit. They couldn't fix it so they placed me in another room next door. I mentioned to staff some outside lights were out. Next time I came, all the rooms along that wing had all new a/c units and the lights were fixed.

For the value, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sedonna R, General Manager at Motel 6 Carson City, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Sorry to hear that you were put into a room the A/C was not working properly and that some of the lighting was out. Thank you for notifying us of your concerns. Anytime we are told of a problem we fix it immediately. Hope you keep coming back and staying with us.

Sedonna Reith-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We just finished a 3 night stay, I titled this Poor and Good for two reasons. I gave them a poor because for two days we didnt get a housekeeping service, the front desk didnt even offer a sorry they only said they would check with the room cleaners. I said what good does that do me, she says "Did you ask for service" I said yes when I paid for the room I expect the service. And yes I said something each day and received the same sorry excuse. Now the good, The room was nice for a Motel 6, the bed was good and nice showers, of course being a Motel 6 I wasnt expecting much more. Would I stay here again YES, simply because of the price not the service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry you did not receive room service during your stay with us. I have made sure the staff understands the importance of communication. We really hope you come stay with us again if you are ever in the area. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Motel 6.

Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Spacious, quiet room, with grass verge around the parking lot for walking the dog. I prefer the laminate flooring - seems cleaner than carpet. Microwave and refrigerator in room, everything very clean. Excellent bed! I don't see how for the money you could beat it. (I don't need to pay $50 more for the convenience of collecting more little bottles of shampoo.)
As previous reviewer mentioned, people are bad about picking up after their dogs. Maybe the motel should hand out a Baggie or two when you declare your pet...

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are super quiet, and the drapes actually darken the room because the parking lot i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Really appreciate you telling us about how much you like the new remodel. We do hand out bags for our 4 legged guests. Hope you come and visit us again if you are ever in town.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Motel 6's are bare bones but I do on occasion need to save some money -- The Carson City Motel 6 is extremely clean -- it has been refurbished in the last couple of years. The staff for check in were efficient and polite. The bed gave me a good nights sleep and the rooms I had were quiet -- I say rooms because I had only planned on one night -- checked out and needed to stay a second night -- the first night I was on the very back of the motel and heard nothing -- the second night was at the very front above the office and I heard a couple of trucks on Hwy 395 around 10 pm but nothing after that.

I did like the fact that they had removed all carpeting and placed a very nice looking vinyl floor down -- it has to be easier to keep clean and certainly looked clean and neat --

Room Tip: I had both a room at the very back and one at the very front -- except for a couple of trucks on Hwy...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Happy to hear you had a great nights sleep and that you enjoyed the new remodel we have done. The beds are all brand new also. The new floors are easier to keep clean compared to carpet. If you ever in this area again please stop by and stay again, we will make sure you get a room in the back away from the hwy.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Well situated to downtown and being pet friendly was a plus. The staff were very helpful and very polite. The room was next to the office and was an outstanding value and was very well equipped and very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Even though we have remodled we still keep our rates low for our customers. Thank you for the nice review and we hope to see you again if ever in town.

Eastern Sierra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here overnight with my dog on my way home, in the ground floor room close to the office. Although I arrived pretty late at night (10pm), check-in service was prompt and friendly. The room was basic (think cheap dorm furniture with laminate flooring) but clean and even had a fridge with small freezer and a microwave. Bathroom was also basic but clean and functional. It was quiet (although they didn't have many guests so I don't know what it would be like with a full house) and with two types of locks on the door I didn't have any security worries and got a good night's sleep.

No extra charge for dog - awesome! Small grass strip to walk her on ... I did notice that a few other dog owners had not picked up after their dogs ... Come on people!!!

Nothin' fancy, no breakfast, but just what I needed - and at just under $40.00 a great deal! Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: You can park right outside your door for lower-floor rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us along with your pet, we are pet friendly and do not charge extra for our little furry guests. We do have bags we hand out to our guests for their pets to pick up after them. Hope you can stay with us again. Thank you for your review and hope to see again.

Tahoe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had housekeeping wake me up at 10:30am on a Saturday. I [sleepily] asked them to come back later, yet they tried to come in anyways (luckily I had the top part locked so they couldn't get ALL the way in). 5 minutes later....yes, 5 minutes...they did the EXACT same thing, this time while I was in the shower, trying to get ready to get the hell out of this hotel. Then as I left the housekeepers just glared at me, as if I was there late.

I will never EVER go back here. If this seems to harsh, just experience it and THEN formulate your opinion.

It didn't help that on their giant Motel 6 sign it said single occupant was $35.99, but I was charged $49 (after taxes).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Carson City? Share your experiences!