“Pretty good for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol

Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol
You added Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N Carson St, Carson City, NV 89701 (Formerly Quality Inn at Nevada State Capitol)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Henderson, NV
“Pretty good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

Like I said, pretty good for the price. Our room was clean, our bathroom had a tub/shower and the bathroom was a good size. Nothing special here, but clean. No problems for us. No bad smells in our non smoking room. We had 3 double beds in our room for about $60 rate during the week. The pool was ok, the kids liked it, I think it may have been heated because I really hate cold pools. Everything about the place was more than adequate, I visited with my girls and felt it was a safe environment. A bowl of cereal and a pastry along with milk and coffee/tea were available at the front desk. Easy parking off street and the doors open to outside. A good place to stay while visiting our state's capitol.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

I wasn't expecting much for the low price, but was pleasantly surprised. If you're looking for fluffy towels, brand new furniture and fancy shampoo, spend more and don't stay here. If you merely need a clean place to sleep, this is a great value. I had a corner room, so I don't know if all rooms are set up the same. High points: my room was quite large with a walk-in closet; the room and bathroom were very clean; coffee maker in room; lots of cable stations; when I requested a refrigerator and microwave in my room, they arrived within five minutes. Great service and a friendly staff. Low points: the front of the toilet is only about 10-15 inches from the wall; no tub, just a shower (at least in my room); 19-inch television was too small for the size of the room; overall, it felt a little dark even during the day. Nonetheless, for an inexpensive, no frills, clean and quiet place to sleep, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2004

My husband and I stayed here for one night in October. The bed was rock hard. There are no extra pillows (I asked), and there was a very loud whistling noise that was emitted from the back wall where the sink and tub are (happened 3 times for over 15 minutes each interval - 11pm, 3am, 5:30am). I complained to the front desk, and the lady seemed surprised. I also informed her about the ants in the bathroom, and she said "all the bathrooms on the ground floor have a problem with ants". No compensation or apology was offered. I sent a compaint to Best Western about the poor quality of this hotel and about the noise, and I am still waiting for a response from Best Western and/or the hotel.

Tewksbury, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2004

This property is not Top Notch. ON the plus side, the bed was comfortable and housekeeping kept things very clean. However, the rooms are very small and the furnishings are old and beaten. The walls are paper thin! My first 4 choices in CC were not available, so I tried the Trailside and I won't go back.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2003

Do not stay at the Trailside Inn in Carson City. The front desk person, Loren was not helpful and, in fact, seemed to go out of his way to be rude. When I asked for a map to see how to get the wedding we were going to in Gardnerville he said they didn't have any but that Gardnerville was south. He said there were vending machines outside the door but he didn't know if any of them had Gardnerville on them.
Although we checked in after the advertised check in time only one of our rooms was ready. It was on the second floor of an outside motel with no elevator and no one offered to help us with bags. the rooms were $115 per night which was more than we paid for any other room during our entire vacation. There were only 2 towels in tge room and we had four people. We were told that they were being washed. When they finally brought them they asked that we not "swipe 'em" beciause they were running low. Check out was at 11 but the housekeepers began knocking on our door at 8a.m. We had been at the wedding until late into the night and we were on vacaition and wanted to sleep in. There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign to hang on the door. The housekeepers knocked every half an hour. It was extremely irritating! When we checked out I had to request a print-out of the bill and I was given someone else's bill as well as my own. They were not friendly or hospitable and acted as though they didn't really need my business.
Stay somewhere else if you have to stay