“A place to sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol

Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol
You added Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89701 (Formerly Quality Inn at Nevada State Capitol)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Carson City
Sacramento, California
“A place to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stay here each time I am in Carson City on business. Here are the reasons why, its one of the cheaper hotels with my AAA discount, I get the "stay bonus" through choice hotels (which means I get cash back with multiple stays in this chain) and its close to the accounts I call on.
As far as the hotel itself, the staff has always been friendly towards me, the internet connection works fairly well (I have reports and emails I have to do every day so a decent connection is almost as important as the room itself) and its easy to get in and out of with my loaded truck. However, over the past 2-3 years of staying here I see no evidence of any improvements and the normal wear and tear is showing with little to no attempt to correct it. So over all I will stay here again but I am always looking for better deals so this is by no means a sure thing, its just a place to sleep.

Room Tip: stay on the lower floor. Its much easier to get stuff in and out of your vehicle instead of lugging...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was my third stay at this hotel and I am so glad I found this hotel. The people who work here are top notch and always go out of their way to make my stay enjoyable! It is always spotless and the rooms are warm and inviting. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying in the Carson City area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
PALM DESERT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Dirty bedding (fresh blood stains), torn sheets, cigarette burns on bedding (is this really a non-smoking motel?), dirty bedspread, dirty carpet (black sand/dirt), moldy/stinky shower curtain, dingy curtains, NO INTERNET service, trash bags and broken appliances stored outside door. Room was in a general state of disrepair, burnt out light bulbs. One of the worst (maybe THE WORST) motel experiences I have ever had. What a rip off!!! Disgraceful! Like a 3rd world travel experience. No more Choice Hotels for me. Would NEVER recommend to anyone I know.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Redlands, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We spent 2 nights here in April 2014. Overall, the property was a little rundown, but nothing horrible. Our sink/dressing area looked recently remodeled, so maybe they're going in stages. In the shower/toilet room, the towel bar had been knocked off the wall and was leaning in the corner. That should have been an easy repair, but instead looked really bad. The shower had no showerhead - water just poured out of the pipe. It was still okay to shower, but it sure isn't conserving any water.
Our only real complaint was the beds were extremely hard. The kids didn't complain, but my husband and I were both stiff and sore the next couple of days.
Breakfast was adequate. Kids loved the waffle machine. I thought the cooked eggs were disgusting, but others liked them. They were out of sausage at 8:00am, not sure if they ever refilled it.
We probably won't stay here again, just because the beds were too uncomfortable. But for someone who doesn't mind a stiff bed, there really wasn't anything wrong, just a little run down.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Halfmoon Bay, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here March 18, just passing through. The property inside and and out was rather shabby. I agree with another recent review "where's the Quality". The company should take a critical look at this place.
We had to hold the coffee maker lid on while brewing. There were many small ants in the sink and countertop in the morning. Something sticky coated the phone pad making it difficult to press the numbers.. This is not a good advertisement for this hotel chain, which we've used before. The breakfast was just OK but I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Sorry, but I can't recommend any room at this hotel.
Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
West Linn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was there for a week but I only slept there so I can't comment on much. However, everything worked, it was clean and quiet, and everyone who worked there, and the manager, were all very nice and helpful. My room was farthest from the main road. I didn't have the breakfast as I was visiting family. I was staying in the hotel because we had overfilled the family home.

Room Tip: I like to be away from the main road because it's more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New Haven
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have stayed in many Quality Inns and have been very satisfied, but this Quality had no quality. Although the location was good, the hotel was not. The first thing I faced was an icy parking lot. I had to walk across unsalted/sanded ice to check in and then again to get to my room. The room had a king bed which left little room for anything else. The breakfast was virtually barren. The morning desk clerk was far from charming and not very welcoming. So, we checked out and went down the road to Grandma Hattie's for a wonderful breakfast. Quality Inn should remove their name from this property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol? Share your experiences!