“Just average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol

Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol
You added Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N Carson St, Carson City, NV 89701 (Formerly Quality Inn at Nevada State Capitol)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Redlands, California
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We spent 2 nights here in April 2014. Overall, the property was a little rundown, but nothing horrible. Our sink/dressing area looked recently remodeled, so maybe they're going in stages. In the shower/toilet room, the towel bar had been knocked off the wall and was leaning in the corner. That should have been an easy repair, but instead looked really bad. The shower had no showerhead - water just poured out of the pipe. It was still okay to shower, but it sure isn't conserving any water.
Our only real complaint was the beds were extremely hard. The kids didn't complain, but my husband and I were both stiff and sore the next couple of days.
Breakfast was adequate. Kids loved the waffle machine. I thought the cooked eggs were disgusting, but others liked them. They were out of sausage at 8:00am, not sure if they ever refilled it.
We probably won't stay here again, just because the beds were too uncomfortable. But for someone who doesn't mind a stiff bed, there really wasn't anything wrong, just a little run down.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Halfmoon Bay, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here March 18, just passing through. The property inside and and out was rather shabby. I agree with another recent review "where's the Quality". The company should take a critical look at this place.
We had to hold the coffee maker lid on while brewing. There were many small ants in the sink and countertop in the morning. Something sticky coated the phone pad making it difficult to press the numbers.. This is not a good advertisement for this hotel chain, which we've used before. The breakfast was just OK but I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
West Linn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was there for a week but I only slept there so I can't comment on much. However, everything worked, it was clean and quiet, and everyone who worked there, and the manager, were all very nice and helpful. My room was farthest from the main road. I didn't have the breakfast as I was visiting family. I was staying in the hotel because we had overfilled the family home.

Room Tip: I like to be away from the main road because it's more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New Haven
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have stayed in many Quality Inns and have been very satisfied, but this Quality had no quality. Although the location was good, the hotel was not. The first thing I faced was an icy parking lot. I had to walk across unsalted/sanded ice to check in and then again to get to my room. The room had a king bed which left little room for anything else. The breakfast was virtually barren. The morning desk clerk was far from charming and not very welcoming. So, we checked out and went down the road to Grandma Hattie's for a wonderful breakfast. Quality Inn should remove their name from this property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Yreka, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel advertised a refrigerator, when we checked in the fridge was not working. The front desk clerk asked us to turn it up and wait a few hours...we had medicine that needed to be refrigerated... after 2 hours waiting it still didn't work so we asked to be moved to another room or we wanted a refund so we could move to another hotel... She reluctantly refunded the money, however it was a major inconvenience to have moved our things into the room and have to pack up the car and search for another hotel at 11:00 at night The hotel was very dirty and had some very strange people darting in and out of the rooms.... Will never stay at another UNQUALITY INN again.....

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is clean enough and very dated. However, I would not have written a bad review over this.

We stayed here in May 2013. I had purchased some polish pottery in Anchorage. It was completely wrapped and sealed. I put the pottery in a cabinet underneath the sink. When we packed and left I forgot to take the pottery with me. I called the hotel within a few hours and the manager told me they had found nothing in our room. I asked him to recheck, he still denied nothing was found. I told him I was completely positive it was there and that he had a thief working for his hotel. He still denied that anything was found.

I have agonized over writing this review, however, i want others to beware. Do not leave anything other than phone chargers or the like as you won't be able to get it back.

We travel for business and this is the absolute first hotel in over five years where I have left belongings..that I have not been able to recover my things.

Beware!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
South Aust
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were unable to find accommodation in South Lake Tahoe for the 4th of July, so the next closest was Carson city. Disappointing compared to other Quality Inns. Room smelled stale and needed updating. Air conditioner was noisey. Breakfast was very limited.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple