“Cheap, clean, convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pioneer Motel

Pioneer Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carson City
Pioneer Motel
You added Pioneer Motel to your Saves list
907 South Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89701   |
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Gladstone, Oregon
“Cheap, clean, convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed here on our last road trip through Oregon, Nevada, and California. Very inexpensive ($37.00 with tax). We just needed a place to stop for the night and the price fit the bill. The guy at the front desk was helpful, suggesting places to eat. Wouldn't be a destination place, but I'd stay again if we were in need of a place to stop for the night. There's a little casino across the street that has large comp drinks They had a pool, but it wasn't operating when we stayed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Paso Robles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have stayed here each summer during fishing season. The rooms are clean, the managers are really nice, and the rooms are priced very affordable. Last year my son and grandson met up with me to do some fishing and they also stayed here. After their stay, my grandson remarked that it was a really great place!............not too bad coming from a 9-year old who has also stayed at the Madonna Inn and the Apple Farm in San Luis Obispo a number of times.

I've tried many places in Carson City and this is my preference.

Room Tip: Reserve ahead and specify what your likes are.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Genoa, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Unfotunatelly when we woken up in the morning our bodies were full of spot.
The room was ok, also it didn’t looks so clean. The owner, a kind girl from Philippines, is nice and helpful. So when we come back to Italy two days later with a lot of bites and we were itking all over, we weren’t so happy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Couldnt figure out why i kept seeing black or brown stains on my pillow case or why i felt bugs crawling on my face in the night...had only been in the bed from ten pm until one am and got up to discover the bugs crawling on the sheets, in the pillow cases, and all over the mattress pad. I left immediately with my husband. We will not be sleeping there again and will be going back first thing to get our money back. Sleep won't be coming to me anytime soon. I am really ANGERED and DISGUSTED over the fact that I woke at one AM to find the bed crawling with bed bugs. Stripped all of the bedding and continued to find more. Was only been in the room a few hours. Like I said...we were treatedto nice by thethe people whoto work there whento we checked in but...Nice people won't make up for horrendous conditions. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Had a one-night stay at this charming mid-century motel. Rooms are kept up very nicely and the bed, linens, and pillows were much better than I'd expect at a low-budget property. Only negatives was the fairly loud air conditioner and lack of wi-fi. Still, I'd stay again without hesitation.

Why stay at a glorified jail-cell (Motel 6) when you can stay here, and be in the middle of town, for less?

Room Tip: Away from the main street is probably best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I work in the area in the Construction Industry. This is a great basic motel. The rooms are clean, comfortable beds, perfectly located with many dining choices, stores, casinos, etc. Within close distance. The staff is very friendly. I don't notice much road noise.......overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

The Pioneer Motel is located smack in the middle of downtown Carson, within walking distance of several casinos (but then isn't EVERY motel in Nevada within walking distance of several casinos). There's an AM/PM across the street for your late night snacking needs, the capital building is two blocks away, the governors mansion is just up the hill, and there are plenty of places nearby to eat (the BBQ place around the corner is quite good). So it's a pretty sweet location.

The motel is a bit run down - dont get me wrong, it's clean and functional, but if your looking for high class decor, head on down the road. Me, I revel in these retro vintage motels and tend to shun the slick, modern motels and hotels - so this was right up my alley. As for the actual room, pretty good sized - could easily accomidate two people without bumping elbows. The shower is a bit on the small side, but having been to Europe several times, it's downright palacial compared to those showers. The hot and cold water responded instantly, but the water pressure was a bit low - but then I have very high standards for my water pressure.

Speaking of water, there is a small swimming pool in the center of the complex - although I didn't use it, so I cant attest to it's quality. It seemed clean and well maintained to me at a quick glance. Other amenity include cable (but then find a motel that doesn't have HBO), continental breakfast (although I cant attest to the quality, since I left before the office was open), a guest laundry and an ice machine (across the way at the parent hotel). They also include shampoo with the showers - a rare thing with motels these days it seems.

I should warn you - there is no wireless internet. Well, kind of. The slick hotel across the street is owned by the same family, so the Pioneer piggybacks on their network. Be sure to ask for the access code when you check in (or find one of the many unsecured networks floating about in the area). Also, the Motel is located right on the main drag, US Highway 395 - so if your a light sleeper, expect to toss and turn all night. I got a room towards the back and the room was quite enough for me.

My single cost me 50 dollars (plus a couple of bucks tax and fees) on the fourth of July weekend, so that's probably the upper end of their rates. Off season or not on a weekend and you could probably get a room for less. Still, it's clean and does everything I require from a motel. I would stay here again if the chance arose.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to Pioneer Motel? Share your experiences!