“Worth a return visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Carson City
Eastern Sierra, CA
“Worth a return visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Maris was extremely friendly at check in and beyond. The room was adequate and the hotel is located near the freeway. My review is colored by the great rate that I received. On the negative side, there was a slight sulphur odor from the water in the sink and a smell of cooking in the hall. Also, the breakfast eggs - whether the congealed, dry mass one morning or the folded discs with some unappetizing meat product the next - were probably the worst I've seen in a hotel and I've been many, many hotels. The fitness center is very small and limited but the hotel has an arrangement with a local gym that allows for a workout in a spacious facility about a mile away. Definitely a perk. All in all, this hotel was a pleasant surprise.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
jrg47
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nice hotel conveniently located. Very helpful staff. Very nice bed and bedding. Breakfast was good. Parking was a little difficult for the vehicle I was driving(Motor coach) as the parking lot was full of islands and curbs that made it harder to park but it is still a great hotel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Shari Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear jrg47,

I appreciate your review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carson City. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I apologize for the difficulty in maneuvering your vehicle in our parking lot. Your input is valuable and this information will be used as a tool for positive growth. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

We stayed here for a few nights and found our stay to be perfect. The staff was friendly, our room was comfortable and clean, and the hotel grounds were well kept. Each morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Seeks Tranquility,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carson City. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed comfort, cleanliness, and friendly staff during your recent stay with us. Please keep us in mind for your future travels.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

Over the past year I spent 17 nights at this hotel. My last stay in January was an 8-night stay.

Arriving at the hotel there was Chris behind the front desk to check me in. The check-in process and the attitude were just not friendly, especially considering I was coming for 8 nights. He didn't greet me, welcome me, didn't mention the IHG Rewards Club Elite status, there was no welcome gift, not even a bottle of water. He gave me the keys, told me where the elevator was and the breakfast hours. The was all. On my previous stay I was upgraded to a suite, but no upgrade this time, even though the hotel was very empty in the end of January.

The room was nice, spacious, in good shape and clean. This time my room was facing Carson Street, which made it slightly noisier than in the past when I was facing the back or side parking lot. The whole property was very clean on all of my stays. Last year the housekeeping service was really a mess, they kept forgetting things and were constantly running late. Obviously they must have improved that as this time I did not experience any housekeeping issues. The hotel features a small pool, which was also clean. I wish they had a wall clock installed in the pool area, so you know the time when enjoying the swim. The guest laundry had one washing machine unserviceable for the whole duration of my stay.

The worst part of my stay was the long-haired night clerk, who was not wearing a name tag. Obviously the night clerk was suppose to prepare breakfast, this one never had it on time when it was suppose to start. And even when he did prepare it, he left the breakfast room in complete darkness with the TV off, so that people would think it was not ready yet. He also never got the pancake machine ready, why bother ... Never greeted anybody or checked if breakfast items or coffee were still available. Instead of behind behind front desk at 6:30 or 6:45 when some guests were already checking out, this guy spent time browsing the internet on the guest computer in the lobby and didn't bother to get up even when he saw somebody waiting at front desk. Terrible! People like this should never have a job where they have to interact with guests.

The hotel is nice and in good shape, but a better and friendlier staff attitude is badly needed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from Carson Street are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Shari Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City, responded to this review, March 14, 2015
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments as well as the negative as all are an opportunity for learning and growth. We are happy to hear that we have improved in some areas and will address the problem areas immediately. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel and the IHG Brand and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

My stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Carson City was wonderful. The hotel is very clean and staff is helpful. They let me check in early as I have young kids and gave me a free upgrade to a suite. Kids loved the indoor pool. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: get a room facing the mountians
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Ed Y,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carson City to meet your travel needs. I am elated to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable experience. Thank you so much for the recommendation. We hope to see again for future visits.
Oak Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

Hotel is pet friendly and that's why we stayed at Holiday Inn Express. There was free wifi. The gym was very small, but no one else was using it.
Breakfast was good, but it would have been better if there was a better flow and more tables. Neat pancake machine, too.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City, responded to this review, March 6, 2015
Dear SaraJane110,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

Freshly baked cookies at check-in , good breakfast with lots of choices, beds comfortable, great wifi service , Nice LCD TV that swivels nicely, A/C works wonderfully, bathroom well laid out, shower has a great head with good water pressure. Very convenient off N Carson street and I-580.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City? Share your experiences!