“Noisy location” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Beatty
Davenport
“Noisy location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at this motel because of it's close location to Death Valley. It is located at a busy intersection, with trucks rumbling past late into the night and starting again very early in the morning. The intersection is at a 45 degree and, so the noise is both in front of and behind the motel. Very noisy. I don't think there is any room that would be quiet. The heater was also very noisy, but it did keep the room at a comfortable temperature. The refrigerator froze everything solid, and when I mentioned this at check-out, the lady commented that she had removed all the control knobs so people would not keep adjusting them. The desk clerk in the evening was not too helpful, she gave very brief answers to our questions regarding restaurants; it was clear we were bothering her.
On the plus side, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the price was right.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Not fancy but it's a small town and for me it was as much as I could have expected. No complaints.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Though the outside looked dated we found the rooms to be fresh, clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable with clean crisp linens. We would definitely recommend this hotel when you are visiting Death Valley.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
vancouver, bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed in Beatty because rates there are far more reasonable than for comparable accommodations inside the Death Valley National Park. Don't be frightened off by the appearance of the motel, nor of the town in general. My room was large and clean. The heater/air conditioner was noisy, but did its job, and the noise served as a kind of white sound once I got used to it. The service at check-in and check out was friendly and efficient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Mesquite, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

We choose the exchange club because of some good reviews here on trip advisor. And we were satisfied with our stay. No problems. I rated it 'average' only because we usually stay in a much more expensive hotel. But for the money it was real good and I would do it again

I did not stay with the wife, this was a motorcycle trip thru death valley with friends.

• Stayed January 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We chose this place for our 4-night stay as a base of our DV tour.... we like to find bargains and prefer to spend our time and funds on special experiences. We arrived around 5 pm and since we'd reserved multiple nights, we got the Junior Suite on the far end, room 123. It was roomy and nice, with several round tables for our laptops to connect to the free wifi and ethernet.
No fancy amenities and the icemaker is right outside the door and other guests might be noisy, but this is a great choice for budget-minded travelers. Free local calls so you can arrange take-out or box lunches. Pet-friendly so our dog was happy.

Room Tip: We didn't need A/C or heat but ran the fan to block some of the noise from the semi-trucks that...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

On 12/21/11 we checked all prices in town by driving up and down the main drag. The Motel 6 and this place were both about $60/night. We decided to go here to go with the local place instead of a chain. We've always had decent rooms w/ Motel 6 but... While checking in the front desk help was okay but during check-in she got a call and was a little rude to the person calling. We didn't think much of it. We went out to dinner and when coming back I stuck my head in the door to ask a quick question. She was quite rude to me maybe because I interrupted her reading. As a service oriented business owner of 20 years I would have fired her on the spot. I was flabbergasted by her rudeness. The room was okay. The shower water was very loud and I was concerned about waking up the neighbors on either side. The water was super hot though. Also, the walls were a little thin and the floor creaked loudly so I probably pissed of the neighbor below us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Exchange Club Motel? Share your experiences!