“Pretty bad experience.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Stagecoach Hotel and Casino

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beatty
Stagecoach Hotel and Casino
Highway 95, Beatty, NV 89003   |
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Beatty
Mill Creek, Wa
“Pretty bad experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

When we arrived they didn't have our reservation but they were able to find a room for us. Then she said we'd have to pay for our four day stay in full upfront with no refund if we decided to leave early. Okay, that was odd, but I handed over the credit card.

I asked for the "new" section as I read a few reviews that said there was a new section and an old section. She said that's true but the $$ is more. Okay, I'm willing to pay more when I get more for it.

However, the room was straight out of 1985. New? Not in this century. The ceiling was even textured. The drain in the tub was moldy and rusted out! The tile was ancient and the television was also circa 1980 something. When I questioned whether this really was the new section she said it was "new enough".

We had asked for a non-smoking room and while they adamantly insisted that it was non-smoking, the room smelled like cigarettes and... there was even a standard issue hotel ashtray on the table in the room. Hmmmm. Not a good hotel experience.

I would've given it one star but I didn't see any bugs and the sheets were clean. House cleaning also did a good job cleaning up after us every day, however we had a two queen room but were only given two towels and two washcloths each day.

If you can find somewhere else, skip the Stagecoach inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I travel between Tuscon and Reno about 4 times a year and find the Stagecoach Hotel to be and excellent place to relax. The only problem I had was when I checked out in the AM the office smelled like someone had spilled a bottle very cheap perfume I don't know how the jeannette or janet i can't remember her name could stand the smell it was very strong, when I checked in the night before the office smelled OK .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This motel has comfortable rooms.

The check-in person wasn't friendly and interrupted checking us in to take an extended phone-in reservation. The motel is part of a casino, and the front desk is open to the very smoky casino.

The room was adequate - nice size and clean, and the rate was fine.

It was windy when we arrived, and we had a great deal of trouble with the internet connection.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the smoky and loud casino if you're there to sleep.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

At reasonable cost, Stagecoach is a good hotel to stopover. If you like travelling through the desert, it is ideally positioned just a couple of hours north of Vegas. Good for exploring Death Valley and the nearby museum gives a fascinating insight into the town and its development. If you have the time, visit Rhyolite Ghost Town to the west - some really weird arty stuff well worth seeing. Has a Denny's cafe. The rooms are what you would expect and are spacious and clean. Not at all pretentious, just good value for money. Stayed last year and booked again for this June. Always hot when we travel through - but what do you expect in the desert in June!!! Aircon works well. Some rooms are refurbished in the actual hotel and others form a courtyard. Worth considering.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Clean simple room, quiet atmosphere, friendly staff. They are dog friendly and did not ask for extra fees. While I am not a Denny's enthusiast, they are very proud to have one next to the little casino. I'd stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mojave, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

It's not the fanciest place, it's the only place I found while passing through Beatty on my way to Death Valley, but it was affordable and comfortable.
After a full day of exploring and hiking it was a welcome sight to get a shower and a meal. There is a small restaurant and gambling casino on the premises.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The showers do not work very well. Two other friends were in the same hotel and had the same problems. One friend had to get maintenance to come and get the temperature acceptable. It seem the maintenance guy doesn't like cold showers, so he sets the temperature to SCALDING. The only problem is that now you only choices are scalding or freezing. If you do finally get a temperature that doesn't kill you, it still gets warm, cold, warm, cold as you are showering. My guess is from all of the other guests trying to find an acceptable temperature.

The shower also had chipped surfaces, cracked tiles, and was not cleaned from the previous guest. Their used soap was still in there.

And speaking of water temperatures, the spa was maybe 78 degrees. I was really looking forward to it after a long dirt bike ride through Death Valley, but in cool weather, 78 is just plain cold to me for a spa. I passed.

Now for the 'Diner'. It is a Denny's. The best steaks in town according to the check-in personnel. I had dinner and breakfast there. And it was, well, Denny's.

Would I stay here again? From what I've heard of Beatty, I guess this is the best choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Stagecoach Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!