“If you are here, not a bad place to stay. Don't miss the sky.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stagecoach Hotel and Casino

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beatty
Stagecoach Hotel and Casino
Highway 95, Beatty, NV 89003   |
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Beatty
Wall Township, New Jersey
“If you are here, not a bad place to stay. Don't miss the sky.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

It's not a five star hotel. However given the choices in the area we could not complain. It was clean and there is a pool. Dinner is a Denny's. You have to walk through a cheesy casino to get to the Dennys. There is also a candy shop but we did not visit it. If you appreciate nature, go out back behind the hotel at dusk. We experienced more bats flying around than we could ever imagine, but the real treat was the pack of wild boros that came strolling by. I was quite suprised by them and we did keep a safe distance (they came to eat the vegetation and had no interest in us). We were told that they are decendants from the 20-Mule Team famous for mining borax in Death Valley back in the day. I tried getting pictures but my little camera wasn't prepared for evening pictures from that distance.
Done miss this: After dark on a clear night take the time to drive about 5 minutes down the road (in any direction). You will a night sky unlike any other. In July the milky way was just stunning. It was so amazing that we have been searching for another place to get to where we could experience such a night sky again. There are not too many dark places dry enough to have such a clear sky without haze.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Clean large room. Super close to Casino, gas and food. Would've loved to stay there on the way back home, but they were booked. The town well kept, is quaint, a alternative to staying on the outskirts, or within the Las Vegas strip. I recomend The Stagecoach to those who like to stay off the beaten path.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Orange County
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I actually enjoyed my stay at the Stagecoach.

The good:
-- $60 for a room is reasonable enough;
-- The room was clean;
-- The casino is right next door (and the Denny's they now have in the casino is a huge improvement over the restaurant that used to be there);
-- Parking is convenient;
-- The air conditioner worked (which is really, really important in Beatty, Nev.);
-- The beds were comfortable and I got a good's night sleep;
-- The location (near Rhyolite Ghost Town and the eastern entrance to Death Valley) is good

The bad:
-- The bathroom was kind of funky;
-- The sink emitted an odd odor;
-- The TV was full of static;
-- The check-in was not terrible, just kind of indifferent;
-- Bring you own shampoo because the only toiletries are two small bars of soap.

We decided our wives probably would not like the Stagecoach, but for guys travelling to Death Valley it's not bad. Considering a room in Stovepipe Wells would cost $160 and this one was $60 -- it's a chance to save a little money. I'd stay here again

Room Tip: You might want to request an upstairs room. If you are one the groundfloor you most likely wake up...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kenilworth, Warks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Ive stayed in furnace creek ranch and the Inn, both are great (abeit very pricey!). this time we ended up in Beatty which is a two horse town just outside the valley ! I was a bit hesitant at staying here as it really is "local" .....but, thats what makes it great !!!!

The ranch has become a tourist hotspot with coach after coach stopping there to get ripped off. This is still "proper" nevada ! you get cowboys in the bar ! ;-)

The rooms are very tall ceilined and AC machines are quiet (ish) for AC ! it was clean and cheap and theres a subway and dennys onsite.

My tip would be to to down the road to the sourdough salloon or the place just before it where you eat outside and looks like a traditional diner ! dont be put off by the rustic looks of these places ! the locals are colourfull but perfectly friendly and approachable ! we had some great nights playing pool in the sourdough !

but back to the stagecoach, stay here ! its an experience !! in a good way !

Room Tip: I was in 137, perfectly nice traditional room. There were some by the pool that would have been nois...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Winterthur, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Over all the Hotel was nice. Has a pool and a wirlpool, there is a casino, dennys, subway right next to the hotel. Room was clean. A very small bathroom, but OK for overnight!
I would recommend the Hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Buena Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have stayed at Casino's before but never one this intimate. You step out into the hall and go down a short corridor and the small casino is right there.

The room was old and somewhat electrical outlet challenged. I had to use two extension cords to get everything connected up.

The TV was very old and could not be used for NetFlix streaming.

The room was reasonably priced at $58.00 a night including tax.

Parking was plentiful.

There is a 24 hour Denny's in the Casino and a Gas Station in the same parking lot but anything else is a short drive away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ridgecrest, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Even though I read the DO NOT STAY HERE review earlier this month, we stayed. We like to do a Death Valley Loop on the Harley over Westgard Pass (great ride!) Beatty is the perfect stopover. Anyhow, the person at the desk was really nice. Seriously. I was thinking of the bad reviews expecting some sort of harpy hostess, but she was warm and affable. Of course, I also did a close bed check for bed bugs after that review. The mattress was sealed. It made for a slightly weird effect on the bed, but I was glad it was there. I looked for any signs at all for bugs, but couldn't find any. It was nice to see a Denny's in the prior restaurant and the chocolate malt balls over at Eddie's World were incredible (hot tip). When we were enjoying our ice cream cones in the evening, we walked by the stream that runs behind The Stagecoach. We saw a cute little burro family walk by! My only complaint is I lost at the casino.....but I can't blame the hotel for that! My husband has won there before, so I guess it sort of evens out. We have stayed here a number of times over the years as the title indicates. Some of the rooms are kind of worn others are better, but for what we paid, we will continue staying there. We love exploring Death Valley, so we'll keep staying at The Stagecoach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stagecoach Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!