“Good hotel for road travelling” 4 of 5 stars

Stagecoach Hotel and Casino
Highway 95, Beatty, NV 89003   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Beatty
San Jose
“Good hotel for road travelling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I recommend this hotel, it has a very good price compared to others in Beatty. I really enjoyed having a Dennis Restaurant close by, I also think the service was very good and the rooms were pretty decent. I would definitely recommend this hotel for road travelling.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Dirgo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Love Death Valley National Park and need a place to stay? The Stagecoach adequately meets all the needs you will have: pleasant and clean place to stay, good quality food found at the Denny's, a 5 minute drive from Death Valley N.P. and they have a fun little casino where I spent the whole night playing Texas Hold'em. The place is reasonably priced and I would stay there again if me and my friends ever decide to go back on a Death Valley vacation/trip! We stayed in the newer section of the hotel and it was really nice, especially for being in the middle of no mans land!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is an overall nice place, considering there is nothing out here, I mean i was not asking for a JW Mariott but just a place that provides the needs for a continuos travel, it has a casino, the only one in miles around so some entertainment was not bad, the rooms are fine, i reviewed the comments here before booking so all I did I took caution, was the bugs, but hey I was a lucky one no bugs for me... And like they say it even happens on the best one, the rate is acceptable considering the others around, so with all of that, food is average for all people nothing luxury i rated very good placing this hotel were it belongs as a 3 star Rating hotel so in that 3 Star class they are very good overal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay that has a casino, this is about the only place you will find in Beatty, NV. We have stayed here twice. We never had a problem staying here but we have also heard a lot of rumors about bed bugs. It is a cheap hotel and it's not like you are in Vegas so you get what you can. They remodeled some of the rooms about 3 years ago, which did make a difference. Unfortunately I don't know which rooms were remodeled. The bartenders in the casino are also one to be desired, but again, not very many people live in this town so good employees are hard to come by.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you don't like to climb stairs, get a bottom floor room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Fenton, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Room I stayed in could use a little updating, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the pool and hot-tub area. Price was slightly more than Motel-6 in town but the room they gave me was so much nicer, and Motel-6 doesnt have a pool or hot tub. The hot tub at the Stagecoach really should be called a warm-tub because it has very little jet action and the water was more warm than hot. The pool was way too cold to swim in late march, (although I did anyway and was singing soprano afterwards!). Was peaceful at night but very noisy in the am. Would stay here again. Good value. Casino is very smoky but cigarettes and gambling go together like peanut butter and jellly!! Room came with a fridge and decent TV with cable, but no microwave.
Close proximity to Death Valley N.P.

Room Tip: I would have preferred being closer to the pool area and parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
anytown, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I am surprised at the positive postings for this hotel. We found it dirty, smelly and the young lady that checked us in was very rude. We had asked for a non-smoking room and got a room with ash trays and a very strong perfume smell to cover up the cigarette smell. Okay, it's a casino hotel but that doesn't excuse the filth. The hallways leading to the rooms looked as though it hadn't been vacuumed in months. We couldn't get out of there fast enough the next morning. There were other choices in this cute little town and I would recommend choosing one of them.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. The Denny's Restaurant was fine and the service was very good. My wife left her backpack on the chair in the Casino and walked off. The cocktail waitress saw her backpack and found my wife in another location in the Casino and returned her backpack. We couldn't thank her enough.

The room was clean. Now for the bad part. The shower in our room ran from ice cold to very hot automatically without us making any adjustments. We complained to the front desk where the night manager made some excuse about the water main from the city had broken recently which didn't make much sense. We complained again when we checked out and the day shift manager indicated that she had received other complaints about the shower water temperature and it was probably the mixing valve that needed replacing. In any event, no one seemed to care if it was fixed or not. We would not stay here again.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stagecoach Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!