“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in York
Dayton, Ohio
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

They gave us adjoining rooms that worked out well for our extended family (family of 4 traveling with grandparents). The breakfast selection was huge and we were comfortable except all 4 pillows on bed were flat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cresco, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The pluses: it was much less expensive than some of the options in the area. It had a big screen tv, a pool (we didn't try it), guest laundry, a treadmill, breakfast (hard boiled eggs, sausage and biscuits, yogurt, some fruit, cereal, prepackaged pastries, muffins). The front desk staff was very helpful during check-in. She reset the server for us so that we could get internet in our room (it wasn't working at first).

The minuses: Internet was slow at times. The room smelled musty/stale when we entered. The shower curtain (mildewy and dirty) and bathroom walls (brown drips on the wall) could use a good scrubbing. The air conditioner cycled on and off during the night and was a little noisy. Needed to fold the pillow over so it was thick enough.

This motel is rated #1 on tripadvisor and I am not sure why - must be the cost. I guess it was $30 cheaper than some of the other motels...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last 6 months and find it to be a clean, quiet and comfortable hotel at a great price. Nice clean rooms, comfortable beds, great location to I-80 and included breakfast options just enough to get you fed and on your way. Will continue to use this hotel as we have family in the area and will visit often.

• Stayed May 2013
Aurora, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stopped by the New Victorian Inn on my way home from a long day of driving and right away I was impressed when I walked in.. I was welcomed by the front dest girl (Caitlyn) she was very friendly, you could tell she loved her job. I was informed that they had a 26 idem breakfast that started at 5 which was wonderful because I had to get on the road at 5:30 and may I say the breakfast was amazing. I was beyond impressed with the room when I walked in.. A huge TV, the beds were soooo comfy (They had just gotten new beds.) They have free wi-fi with no password so it was convieniant for me to use my computer, there was a fridge and microwave in my room as well. I had been driving all day so I was hungry (Caitlyn) the front dest girl recommend the restraunt Chances R. My stay at the new victorian inn was beyond amazing I have never been at a cleaner hotel!! I will definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family and I have been visiting York, Nebraska many times during the past 5 years, always staying at the New Victorian. Depending on the size of our group, we have had rooms with one or two beds, or a larger suite. We were all very pleased with the rooms, the cleanliness, the beds, the service, and the cost. And of course the children loved the pool. The free breakfast (biscuits and gravy, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, hard boiled eggs, etc.) is available from 5:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. The late sleepers in our family really liked this schedule.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I asked not to be put by an elevator was advised we don't have elevators so she booked me in a room next to the stairs ( stairs, elevator seems pretty close to the same traffic problem). The entrance at the back had the lock cut out any one could come in, not real safe. The bath room looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time, you could see water lines in the toilet from being flushed ( very nasty), the bath tub looked like someone had been taking showers with muddy shoes on. I also found the room very dusty, between the bed and the night stand there was trash left from the last person or who knows how long it had been there. The selection of channels on the TV were not good either you had to skip 10 or more channels at times before you found a live channnel. I will never stay at a New Victoran Inn again no matter where it is

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites York, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I am sorry you feel you had such a horrible experience Debbie.
I question the validity of your statements.

Our housekeeping staff are a group of professional housekeepers who take pride in their rooms, and brag of the tips they receive from many travelers. If we had the problems you say we have, we would not keep the housekeeper causing the issues, and guests would not stay with us. Our room inspector inspects every room every day to insure we are providing a quality product for every guest. We use 'drill sergeant white glove room inspection' for every room every day.

I am sorry our 66 cable channels seemed to confuse you. If you ever have such an experience while you are staying with us, please call the front desk and someone will assist you.

Your question of safety - you seem to have missed seeing our 16 video cameras inside and outside of the property. We record video data from each of the 16 video cameras for our guests safety.

I am not sure why you are attacking the New Victorian with the vengeance of a 1 Star review except for ulterior motives. We try harder than most hospitality companies to meet or exceed guest expectations, and we have been quite successful because of the caring New Victorian teammates.

There is no question our room amenities that include a microwave, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, 42" flatscreen, and the 24 hour pool, large breakfast bar with long hours (5-11 everyday, Sundays 5-noon), friendly staff, and the price you paid create a value hard to find else where as you travel across the country.

You are welcome to stay with us again if you ever travel this direction.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My sister and I were on an unplanned trek through the area and we needed an inexpensive stop for just one night. The low rates at the New Victorian did not give it promise, but I was at least expecting some basic cleanliness regulations. I was disgruntled to find that the carpet was heavily laden with dust when I dropped my duffle bag down, and when my sister retrieved her sandwich from the floor after a 3 second role, it was accompanied by a particularly thick toenail.
The next morning as we were hurrying to leave, I was looking for my cell phone and beneath my pillow I found what appeared to be a blood stain that I'm quite certain was not my own. Were the sheets ever changed? As for the food, the dry biscuits were drowned in what was called "gravy". Also, no coffee pot in the room? What was that about? Can't I at least make my own cup of joe? The one amenity I found pleasing was the large television, but the was nothing on unless you like "How I Met Your Mother"
As for the personal, I won't even go there.....Let's just say I was glad to be on my way

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites York, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We are sorry your experience did not meet with your expectations. Our staff strives hard to meet every guests expectations, and sometimes a guest feels we failed.
Your experience is far from our regular guest experiences. Sometimes something gets missed, but your suggestion of our rooms being 'heavily laden with dust', dirty, or any such notion is not our practice, and really is hard to understand considering our 'military white glove' cleaning and inspection process.
Our guests are usually extremely happy with the superb level of cleanliness we offer, and also with the amenities we offer in every guest room, such as microwaves, refrigerators, iron and ironing board, and also the 42" flat screens. Our 26 item breakfast bar is served daily from 5am to 11 am, and Sundays 5 am to noon.

I apologize that the cable service offering of 66 channels failed to meet your discretionary entertainment taste.

I don't understand your comment about hard biscuits drowned with gravy. The biscuits are in a server, and the gravy in another, and the guest chooses how much gravy 'to drown' their biscuits in.

I also am amiss at the "personal"(sp) comment - our staff is extremely competent, trained, professionals in the hospitality trade.

Our staff is instructed to not offer refunds or discounts if a traveler seems to be scheming to get their trip lodging paid.

Our satisfied guest Trip Advisor reviews speak for all of our the New Victorian Inn's, which are located in Kearney, York, Lincoln, Norfolk, and Sioux City.

The New Victorian offers a great value to all of our guests.

Been to New Victorian Inn & Suites York? Share your experiences!