“I feel the same as YIKES !!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

New Victorian Inn & Suites York
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3724 S Lincoln Ave, York, NE 68467   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in York
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I feel the same as YIKES !!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I asked not to be put by an elevator was advised we don't have elevators so she booked me in a room next to the stairs ( stairs, elevator seems pretty close to the same traffic problem). The entrance at the back had the lock cut out any one could come in, not real safe. The bath room looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time, you could see water lines in the toilet from being flushed ( very nasty), the bath tub looked like someone had been taking showers with muddy shoes on. I also found the room very dusty, between the bed and the night stand there was trash left from the last person or who knows how long it had been there. The selection of channels on the TV were not good either you had to skip 10 or more channels at times before you found a live channnel. I will never stay at a New Victoran Inn again no matter where it is

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites York, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I am sorry you feel you had such a horrible experience Debbie.
I question the validity of your statements.

Our housekeeping staff are a group of professional housekeepers who take pride in their rooms, and brag of the tips they receive from many travelers. If we had the problems you say we have, we would not keep the housekeeper causing the issues, and guests would not stay with us. Our room inspector inspects every room every day to insure we are providing a quality product for every guest. We use 'drill sergeant white glove room inspection' for every room every day.

I am sorry our 66 cable channels seemed to confuse you. If you ever have such an experience while you are staying with us, please call the front desk and someone will assist you.

Your question of safety - you seem to have missed seeing our 16 video cameras inside and outside of the property. We record video data from each of the 16 video cameras for our guests safety.

I am not sure why you are attacking the New Victorian with the vengeance of a 1 Star review except for ulterior motives. We try harder than most hospitality companies to meet or exceed guest expectations, and we have been quite successful because of the caring New Victorian teammates.

There is no question our room amenities that include a microwave, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, 42" flatscreen, and the 24 hour pool, large breakfast bar with long hours (5-11 everyday, Sundays 5-noon), friendly staff, and the price you paid create a value hard to find else where as you travel across the country.

You are welcome to stay with us again if you ever travel this direction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My sister and I were on an unplanned trek through the area and we needed an inexpensive stop for just one night. The low rates at the New Victorian did not give it promise, but I was at least expecting some basic cleanliness regulations. I was disgruntled to find that the carpet was heavily laden with dust when I dropped my duffle bag down, and when my sister retrieved her sandwich from the floor after a 3 second role, it was accompanied by a particularly thick toenail.
The next morning as we were hurrying to leave, I was looking for my cell phone and beneath my pillow I found what appeared to be a blood stain that I'm quite certain was not my own. Were the sheets ever changed? As for the food, the dry biscuits were drowned in what was called "gravy". Also, no coffee pot in the room? What was that about? Can't I at least make my own cup of joe? The one amenity I found pleasing was the large television, but the was nothing on unless you like "How I Met Your Mother"
As for the personal, I won't even go there.....Let's just say I was glad to be on my way

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites York, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We are sorry your experience did not meet with your expectations. Our staff strives hard to meet every guests expectations, and sometimes a guest feels we failed.
Your experience is far from our regular guest experiences. Sometimes something gets missed, but your suggestion of our rooms being 'heavily laden with dust', dirty, or any such notion is not our practice, and really is hard to understand considering our 'military white glove' cleaning and inspection process.
Our guests are usually extremely happy with the superb level of cleanliness we offer, and also with the amenities we offer in every guest room, such as microwaves, refrigerators, iron and ironing board, and also the 42" flat screens. Our 26 item breakfast bar is served daily from 5am to 11 am, and Sundays 5 am to noon.

I apologize that the cable service offering of 66 channels failed to meet your discretionary entertainment taste.

I don't understand your comment about hard biscuits drowned with gravy. The biscuits are in a server, and the gravy in another, and the guest chooses how much gravy 'to drown' their biscuits in.

I also am amiss at the "personal"(sp) comment - our staff is extremely competent, trained, professionals in the hospitality trade.

Our staff is instructed to not offer refunds or discounts if a traveler seems to be scheming to get their trip lodging paid.

Our satisfied guest Trip Advisor reviews speak for all of our the New Victorian Inn's, which are located in Kearney, York, Lincoln, Norfolk, and Sioux City.

The New Victorian offers a great value to all of our guests.
Davis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stopped here after a long drive and couldn't press on any further. Saw previous TripAdvisor comments so decided to give this Inn a try. They were correct about Caitlyn, who was always pleasant and went out of her way to respond to any request or inquiry. The exercise room contained a treadmill, but it wasn't working properly. As was typical, Caitlyn said she would call for service on it the next day.

The room was nice and clean. Breakfast wasn't that exciting, but fairly typical of a smallish buffet at many hotels. Used the pool, which had slimy bottom and walls--obviously needed more chlorine or more water changes. The pool was reasonably sized and with no other swimmers I could remove the dividing rope and do some laps. Access to the hotel is very easy from the freeway.

Second story rooms were only reached via stairs, so would not be accessible to anyone without good mobility, and who wanted to lug their bags upstairs. Parking lot was fairly full, but had lots of space and most of it was under video surveillance. Caitlyn even told me exactly where to park to be sure I was in the camera's view, as I had many tools in the car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review for us. We take every guest serious comment as seriously as we can. We train and retrain when guests show us we can be even better.

We look forward to your next stay with us.
Blair, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I travel for business. It is refreshing to stay in a facility with a staff that truly tries to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The rates are very fair and the extras are plentiful. (Very clean)

DLZ, Blair, NE

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you DLZ for taking time to write a review for the New Victorian Inn.
Our staff does work extremely hard to meet or exceed every guests expectations.
Your review helps share the great value we offer with other travelers.
Our cleanliness, microwave, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, and 42" flat screen in every room adds to the value our guests receive.
We look forward to your next stay with us at a New Victorian Inn in Kearney, York, Lincoln, Norfolk, and Sioux City.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

There are several motels in this area and decided to use Tripadvisor to help us with the decision. We're happy that we chose the Victorian Inn for the night. Katelyn at the front desk was great! She even helped with a restaurant recommendation. The room was comfortable, clean, a nice size, and reasonably priced. The breakfast offered several selections and the area was clean and picked up. We'll consider other Victorian Inns in the future.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words written in your review.
We do try harder than our competition to provide more amenities at a lower cost to every guest.
From room amenities, our large breakfast bar, 24 hr pool, and more, we do offer a greta value.

We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast - hot waffles and the usual continental fare of cereal, juice, pastries, bagels, english muffins and coffee. It was an excellent value and the room rate was very reasonable. We'd stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

The front desk clerk catlyn is very help full in getting me checked in and with anything I needed to make my stay more enjoyable. And I like the fact that all the rooms have bug screen TVs with microwaves and refrigerator very nice

• Stayed January 2013

Been to New Victorian Inn & Suites York? Share your experiences!