“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3724 S Lincoln Ave, York, NE 68467   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in York
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The front desk clerk catlyn is very help full in getting me checked in and with anything I needed to make my stay more enjoyable. And I like the fact that all the rooms have bug screen TVs with microwaves and refrigerator very nice

• Stayed January 2013

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Arrived late eve.. Had called ahead and spoke with front desk clerk Katelyn , who was more than helpful...both on the call ahead and also helping us once we got there. Room was clean.. Bathroom clean too. Had microwave and refrigerator which was nice.. Only negative was... Didn't notice at nite.. But when we got up and looked for coffee pot to make some coffee... Nothing!! Seriously.. looked all over for coffee pot!! I just like my coffee first thing! When I got dressed there was plenty in the kitchen area. I asked at front desk if there were coffee pots in any of the rooms and and they said no..It really surprised that there was no coffee pots in rooms... yet had micro and fridge. Kind of a big deal for me but probably not for others!!! It still was a nice place to stay with good rates!!! Thanks!!!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites York, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for recognizing our cleanliness, amenities, and value. We try very hard to give our guests a memorable experience every time they choose to stay with us.

We chose several years ago to remove all coffee pots from our guests rooms and offer fresh coffee in our lobby 24/7. The decision was based primarily on guest safety. We have little control over what other guests put inside the water reservoirs of a in-room coffee pot. If someone put some meth or other drug inside the water reservoir we and the guest would not know. Also, if the guest decided to put waste water or something else inside the reservoir we and you would not know what had been done.

Housekeepers rinse and wipe down the pots (hopefully using a clean rag), but do not clean the actual coffee maker insides.

We would rather all of our guests remain safe from unnecessary hidden hazards created out of our control, so thus no room coffee pots.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us in York, Kearney, Lincoln, Norfolk, or Sioux City.
Grand Island, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My stay at the New Victorian Inn was very good. Nice, clean, and a very friendly environment. Great location. The front desk help Jan was very good. She answered all my questions and got me checked into my room very quick and had great customer service. With having people with such great customer service that is what will keep my business at your hotel.

Room Tip: They are all great, cannot think of a bad location
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gallipolis, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at the New victorian for over 2 months. Had a great expeience. Staff was great, rooms were clean, great breakfast selection and great rate.
Can't beat the price compared to other hotels in area. Same price as cheap bug trap hotel, clean and newly remodeled like hotel twice the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel was clean, but some of the other people staying there were congregating around the back door, drinking beer, smoking and leaving there bottle and cigarette butts on the ground. Their language was also rather vulgar. We didn't want to go in and out the back door because of the atmosphere there. We would not stop here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rosemary M
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites York, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I apologize for the behavior of the guests bar-b-queing in the back yard by the rear exit.
Did you report your experience to our front desk?
We can only correct situations that we are aware of.
The group you are speaking of are actually very nice people who are away from their home providing a service in this area, and maybe they were letting off a little too much steam.
If asked, they would have cooled it.

Thank you for noticing our cleanliness. I am sure you noticed the 42" flat screens, microwaves, refrigerators, iron and ironing boards in every room, our 26 item breakfast bar open from 6-11am, noon Sundays, and also the 24 hr coffee and cookie bar in the lobby.

I am disappointed you would consider a low rating like you gave our property.
A distaste for skilled labor workers in no way is a reflection of our property or the value offered by the New Victorian Hotel group.

Please help hoteliers by speaking with management when you have an issue during any stay.
We hope to see you next time through our area.
MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I don't agree with all the other great reviews of this motel. I didn't find the staff friendly at all. The cookies were store bought and stale. The room was clean enough but old and tired looking. The hall carpet was dirty and the place smelled musty. The breakfast was terrible and I decided to go to Mc Donald's instead of eating there. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Tallgal_10
Wood, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stopped at 3 motels, this was the 3rd. Very nice. The staff was very friendly and got us cookies before bed. The breakfast was so/so. But that isn't the reason I picked this motel. It was run by good people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business