“Very Good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in York
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My stay at the New Victorian Inn was very good. Nice, clean, and a very friendly environment. Great location. The front desk help Jan was very good. She answered all my questions and got me checked into my room very quick and had great customer service. With having people with such great customer service that is what will keep my business at your hotel.

Room Tip: They are all great, cannot think of a bad location
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gallipolis, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at the New victorian for over 2 months. Had a great expeience. Staff was great, rooms were clean, great breakfast selection and great rate.
Can't beat the price compared to other hotels in area. Same price as cheap bug trap hotel, clean and newly remodeled like hotel twice the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel was clean, but some of the other people staying there were congregating around the back door, drinking beer, smoking and leaving there bottle and cigarette butts on the ground. Their language was also rather vulgar. We didn't want to go in and out the back door because of the atmosphere there. We would not stop here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites York, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I apologize for the behavior of the guests bar-b-queing in the back yard by the rear exit.
Did you report your experience to our front desk?
We can only correct situations that we are aware of.
The group you are speaking of are actually very nice people who are away from their home providing a service in this area, and maybe they were letting off a little too much steam.
If asked, they would have cooled it.

Thank you for noticing our cleanliness. I am sure you noticed the 42" flat screens, microwaves, refrigerators, iron and ironing boards in every room, our 26 item breakfast bar open from 6-11am, noon Sundays, and also the 24 hr coffee and cookie bar in the lobby.

I am disappointed you would consider a low rating like you gave our property.
A distaste for skilled labor workers in no way is a reflection of our property or the value offered by the New Victorian Hotel group.

Please help hoteliers by speaking with management when you have an issue during any stay.
We hope to see you next time through our area.
MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I don't agree with all the other great reviews of this motel. I didn't find the staff friendly at all. The cookies were store bought and stale. The room was clean enough but old and tired looking. The hall carpet was dirty and the place smelled musty. The breakfast was terrible and I decided to go to Mc Donald's instead of eating there. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Stayed September 2012
I am not sure what happened, or triggered your response.
Our staff are professionals, trained to handle various guest encounters and situations, unfortunately this time it appears we failed you. I apologize to you for your ill feelings toward our staff. We are really a nice group of people trying to meet your every expectation.

I am sorry we failed to meet your discerning tastes. You are correct we do purchase cookies from stores. Our 26 item breakfast bar has a wide variety to make most of our guests palates happy. We don't bake, of fry eggs, or do the short order cooking at our hotel.

Our rooms that you referred to as "old and tired looking" were remodeled, and updated within the past year. Our 42" flat screens, microwave, refrigerator, iron and ironing board are standard in every guest room. Again, I am sorry we missed meeting your expectations.

You did get the cleanliness part correct, and thank you for noticing - we quite possibly were the cleanest hospitality property you stayed at during your travels.

Responses that are inaccurate hurt small businesses that actually do provide a very exceptional value.

We look forward to serving you next time you pass through.
Wood, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stopped at 3 motels, this was the 3rd. Very nice. The staff was very friendly and got us cookies before bed. The breakfast was so/so. But that isn't the reason I picked this motel. It was run by good people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bensenville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed down the street on the way to Denver, big mistake! Needed to print and fax contract and was told I couldn't do either. Walked over to New Victorian and was told I was welcome to use there business center and was offered a cup of coffee and a cookie! Management and staff could not have been nicer, contract signed and faxed, I was on my way.
We where to stay in Council bluffs on return but decided to cancel and stay at The New Victorian Inn.
Wonderfully clean halls, pool, and rooms. Great breakfast buffet ( sausage gravy and bisquits!!) with lots of choices, including yogurt.
If you don't want fast food there is also a Super Walmart across the street with full groceries, ready to eat foods and deli area.
In summery just a great all around experience!

Room Tip: There all good!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

As most travelers on I-80 know there are not a lot of places to stay mid-Nebraska so it was especially pleasing to stay here. It is older, yes but it is also immaculate and quiet. Ms. Jan the manager last evening was very helpful and welcoming. The restaurant in town, Chances R is a sweet old supper club with good food and many menu choices. Further it cost us half as much as the motel we stayed at the night before which was everything a traveler doesn't want.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to New Victorian Inn & Suites York? Share your experiences!