“Not good” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in York
MI
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I don't agree with all the other great reviews of this motel. I didn't find the staff friendly at all. The cookies were store bought and stale. The room was clean enough but old and tired looking. The hall carpet was dirty and the place smelled musty. The breakfast was terrible and I decided to go to Mc Donald's instead of eating there. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Stayed September 2012
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites York, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I am not sure what happened, or triggered your response.
Our staff are professionals, trained to handle various guest encounters and situations, unfortunately this time it appears we failed you. I apologize to you for your ill feelings toward our staff. We are really a nice group of people trying to meet your every expectation.

I am sorry we failed to meet your discerning tastes. You are correct we do purchase cookies from stores. Our 26 item breakfast bar has a wide variety to make most of our guests palates happy. We don't bake, of fry eggs, or do the short order cooking at our hotel.

Our rooms that you referred to as "old and tired looking" were remodeled, and updated within the past year. Our 42" flat screens, microwave, refrigerator, iron and ironing board are standard in every guest room. Again, I am sorry we missed meeting your expectations.

You did get the cleanliness part correct, and thank you for noticing - we quite possibly were the cleanest hospitality property you stayed at during your travels.

Responses that are inaccurate hurt small businesses that actually do provide a very exceptional value.

We look forward to serving you next time you pass through.

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wood, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stopped at 3 motels, this was the 3rd. Very nice. The staff was very friendly and got us cookies before bed. The breakfast was so/so. But that isn't the reason I picked this motel. It was run by good people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bensenville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed down the street on the way to Denver, big mistake! Needed to print and fax contract and was told I couldn't do either. Walked over to New Victorian and was told I was welcome to use there business center and was offered a cup of coffee and a cookie! Management and staff could not have been nicer, contract signed and faxed, I was on my way.
We where to stay in Council bluffs on return but decided to cancel and stay at The New Victorian Inn.
Wonderfully clean halls, pool, and rooms. Great breakfast buffet ( sausage gravy and bisquits!!) with lots of choices, including yogurt.
If you don't want fast food there is also a Super Walmart across the street with full groceries, ready to eat foods and deli area.
In summery just a great all around experience!

Room Tip: There all good!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

As most travelers on I-80 know there are not a lot of places to stay mid-Nebraska so it was especially pleasing to stay here. It is older, yes but it is also immaculate and quiet. Ms. Jan the manager last evening was very helpful and welcoming. The restaurant in town, Chances R is a sweet old supper club with good food and many menu choices. Further it cost us half as much as the motel we stayed at the night before which was everything a traveler doesn't want.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is just a wonderfully clean, friendly, professionally managed and reasonably priced motel. The staff is congeniel, respectful, and work cooperatively to the benefit of guests. The decor is lovely, fresh, and more expensive than the area suggests. The pool has always been open, temperature perfect, and inviting. I travel Hwy 81 once a year from Texas to South Dakota, looking forward to my overnight in the New Victorian Inn York. This year we slept on brand new beds. The spacious rooms have large screen TV's with excellent reception and plenty of channels.
The self serve breakfast includes fruit and protein with multiple choices of tea, coffee, juice, and milk.

Room Tip: The handicap room has right hand assist for the toilet and roll in shower.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I travel for business all over the state and no other hotel comes close to the New Victoian Inn.The beds are all brand new, 42 inch flat screen tv's, very clean, comfortable, indoor pool, free breakfast, excellent cleaning staff, and the most friendly and helpfull front desk staff that I have ever encountered on my travels.The other thing that amazes me is that I pay less here than at all other hotels, if you want to get the most for your money, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

While traveling on I-80 we stopped for one night. The hotel was clean but it is an older hotel. This isn't five star accommodations but it is a nice hotel for York. The kids went swimming and the pool was clean. We didn't have the breakfast in the morning so I am not sure if it was any good or not.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites York, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy you noticed our cleanliness level. We work hard to meet or exceed your every expectation. I would like to point out the slight confusion of the Trip Advisor rating system - 5 Star ratings do not mean the property is a Five Star Hotel such as an Embassy or Hilton, but rather that the value received for the price paid is a 5 Star value. Our room amenities that include a microwave, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, 42" flat screens, plus our 26 item breakfast bar, 24 hour pool, our drill sergeant cleanliness, friendly staff , and the economy minded rate paid for your accommodations generates the 5 Star rating we receive from most of our guests. We are a small private brand group showing others how the lodging experience can and should be. Ten years ago when we entered the hospitality field we decided to make all of our accommodations what we liked when we travelled, which is what you find today at every New Victorian in our group. Welcome back on your next trip, Don.

Been to New Victorian Inn & Suites York? Share your experiences!