“A good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in York
Topeka, Kansas
“A good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The price is a fairly priced for the room. We could not get into the room with the access card and the hotel staff moved us to another room. A lot of work crews seem to stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This motel advertises its hospital-quality cleanliness, and what the other reviews say (with one puzzling exception) is completely true.

We had a large, impeccably clean, quiet room with comfortable beds in a motel just a few hundred yards from the Interstate. A Starbucks and a Walmart Super Center are directly across the highway (just through the stoplight; no going up and U-turning). Ther's a large field behind it suitable for exercising a dog.

What more can I say? It's a fine motel.

We paid $67 for our room in the middle of June, with no added fee for the dog.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is the kind of motel we all dream about. It was probably the cleanest motel we ever stayed in,
and everything else was nice also. We have stayed in many other more expensive motels that were not nearly as clean and nice.
If ever in the area again (and we plan to be) we will definitely stay here!!!

Room Tip: We didn't use room service or the restaurant but the breakfast was very good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites York, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for the gracious comments. We are proud of our 'drill sargeant white glove' cleanliness.
We try hard to meet or exceed our guests expectations with superb cleanliness, amenities like our 42" flat screens, microwaves and refrigerators, irons and ironing boards in every room, and our great, friendly team members. We look forward to serving you again.
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I read the other reviews, which is why we elected to stay here. I think a better or more accurate statement is, of the choices at this exit, this is one of the better ones, but do NOT have average or high expectations. This exit has the only options for about 80 miles both ways...so plan ahead to avoid having to stay anywhere on this exit. Road construction was also occurring and all of the crew members were living at these hotels. I will say that the room was very clean and the staff were very friendly, but not empowered to deal effectively with the problem guests. We had a non-smoking room, but it was surrounded by smoking rooms, so no real escape from cigarette smoke. Further, smoking guests were smoking everywhere- hallways, common areas, and their rooms. Most of them were also drunk and several were going down the halls, knocking on every door, trying to find their room. The "fitness center" consists of one treadmill stuck in a large room with the washer/dryer, ice machine, vending machines, and all the video game machines. No privacy or even a door to focus on a workout. Ladies traveling alone or without a male companion- do not stay here! There is no safety- the exterior doors locks have been cut out, so anyone could enter the building whenever they want. The coffee was horrible and we won't even talk about the breakfast fare. Again, no matter how long you have been driving, it is well worth continuing on to Lincoln or Kearney to find a hotel.

Upper Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My wife and I make an annual trip to San Diego, CA and back from the Upper Penn of Michigan. In so doing, we stay in between 4 to 5 motels each way. Our stay in the New Victorian Inn in York Nebraska was by far the best motel we encountered. We generally look for mid-range priced motels, i.e. Super 8 etc, the New Victorian stands head and shoulders above the competition. Not only was the staff very cordial, the room and it's amenities were spotless and the free continental breakfast includes hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, assorted sweet rolls and all the normal cereal, juice, toast etc. I very highly recommend and encourage anyone traveling through York, Nebraska to give the New Victorian a try, you won't be disappointed.

Oglesby, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

We stopped by here on the way to Colorado at around 11pm with no reservations. Person that checked us in was courteous and friendly. While the furnishings in the room are older, you really don't notice it because you can tell they take the time to keep everything clean. The bathroom was perfectly fine and looks like they've installed new sink countertops and fixtures. Breakfast was great for a place like this. They had everything from fruit, different types of bagels and muffins, waffles, French toast, oatmeal, cereal, hard boiled eggs, coffee, OJ, milk, etc. I think they said 26 different items all together. It's easy to get to, area was nice and there is a Walmart nearby. All in all it's a good place to stay and would do so again. Glad the Days Inn next door was all booked up otherwise we would've never known about it.

Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel late and wassup greeted by a very pleasant lady. She had everything ready to check me in the moment I reached the desk. It only took 2-3 minutes to get the room paid for, sign documents, get a snack for the night and get.my key card for my room.
When I opened the door to my room, I was greeted with a clean smelling room with beautiful linens and modern furniture including a 42 inch television, refrigerator and microwave. I climbed into the most comfortable hotel bed with soft sheets I have ever been in all my travels. This was the best nights sleep in a hotel I have ever had.
The price is very competitive with the other local hotels but I truly believe that you getting the most for your money by staying at the New Victorian Inn. This will be the only hotel I stay in when doing business in central Nebraska. I have also let my co-workers know about this hotel so that they can feel like they are at home while on the road.
I forgot to mention that the morning staff were just as pleasant and accommodating with any requests. You can tell that they are focused on the customer experience and exceeding expectations.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to New Victorian Inn & Suites York? Share your experiences!