“Pleasant Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Palmer Inn

You added Americas Best Value Palmer Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Palmer Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2426 S Lincoln Avenue, York, NE 68467 (Formerly Palmer Inn)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in York
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“Pleasant Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Check in went nice and staff was friendly. The motel is older, but clean. We stayed on the basis of TripAdvisor reviews and generally were pleased with the experience. The breakfast was ok. Not a big fan of hard biscuits or hard cinnamon rolls. 2 juices. 4 cereals. Overall was an average stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
jane32956, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Palmer Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We here at America's Best Value Inn/Palmer Inn appreciate your patronage. Thank you very much for your kind words about our establishment. We hope to see you again if your travels permit.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I use this motel often. It is such a pleasure, knowing I will be staying in a truely great and moderately priced room. The young man at the front desk, is always so friendly and helpful. The rooms are top notch, and very clean. The chair and ottoman are great. There is even a new computer chair, that compliments a great work desk.

My only problem was the rate (AAA, single) had increased by $15, since my last stay, in Dec./12. ($45 up to $60) I do not believe that that the prime season has arrived yet, as it was April 15.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
jane32956, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Palmer Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We here at America's Best Value/Palmer Inn appreciate your continued patronage. We appreciate all of your kind words about our establishment. I will make sure to forward your compliments on to Dave at the front desk.
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel every time we pass through York on our way to Colorado. On our most recent trip we were on our way home and I-80 was closed due to a blizzard at Grand Island. We drove in the blizzard on back roads just so we could get to York to stay here. The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and the beds are nice and soft. We like that there is a fridge and microwave in the room. The breakfast is also wonderful! My husband really likes those fresh gravy and biscuits! It is also nice that it is away from some of the other hotels in town as it is in a very quiet area. The wi-fi is fast and reliable.
Next time we pass through York, we will be sure to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
jane32956, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Palmer Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such nice things about us here at the America's Best Value Inn/ Palmer Inn. We appreciate your continued patronage, we hope to see you again soon. I will make sure to relay your appreciation for our staff to our staff.
York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Owner Jane very nosey. Offered to drive the baby and I to the doctor only to ask personal questions about my family. Maid service very limited. Continued to raise rates forcing us to move. Do not recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We needed a cheap place to stay for one night and based on the price and the fact it looked like a cheap motel we were expecting the worst. We were blown away by the cleanliness and fantastic service we got. The amenities like a fridge and breakfast were more than one could expect. I've paid way more money for less accommodations. We would definitively come back to stay again and again.

• Stayed March 2013
jane32956, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Palmer Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We at America's Best Value/Palmer Inn are very happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again on your future journey's. We appreciate all your kind words about our establishment.
Betty Hatifeld
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband, adult daughter and I stayed one night on our way back home to Oklahoma from Wyoming. We chose the Palmer Inn based on Tripadvisor reviews and price. Check in went nice and smooth. First impression of our room was also favorable. It looked and smelled clean, not like some motel rooms that have a strong perfume cover-up smell. We sat on the beds and was pleased that they felt good - not too hard nor too soft. The pillows were so-so. My daughter was glad she brought her own. My husband and I did fine with the ones on the bed. Room was quiet and we all slept well. They have soap, lotion, body wash and shampoo dispensers filled with quality products instead of normal hotel type bottles. For a "budget-type" motel, they served a really nice breakfast including homemade cinnamon rolls (yummy), make your own waffles, biscuits & gravy (I didn't care for the gravy, but saw others eating it up), boiled eggs and other routine breakfast fanfare. The coffee was very good. I am planning another trip that direction later this year and will definately stay here!
Note: Motel is not located next to interstate like all the other motels but is not too hard to find and only a little ways from I-80 (near the Pizza Hut).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jane32956, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Palmer Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words about our establishment. We are very pleased to hear of your return trip and will be looking forward to seeing you again in the future.
Thank you again for your patronage.
Office Manager
Crow Agency, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The motel is older, but clean. The night staff & owners are keepers! We had an "incident" with our trailer scraping their roof. Owners were not jerks & that says a lot to me. Even after our incident, the owner thanked us for staying with them.... They were Americans who spoke English. They served a nice breakfast. The room had what we needed. The price was CHEAP. This is what I am looking for when I travel...

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side are quieter.