“Lovely Stay On A Snowy Night” 5 of 5 stars

Horizon Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Plaza Drive, West Point, NE 68788   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Point
Omaha, Nebraska
“Lovely Stay On A Snowy Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I don't live far from West Point but the weather made me pull off last night into this lovely facility. I was greeted by a pleasant desk clerk who assisted me with obtaining personal necessities such as tooth paste, toothbrush, a comb and a deodorant. She was nice and my only charge was $1 for all those items!! My room was clean and comfortable. I was glad to wake up to hot coffee and a great breakfast before I left to finish my trip home.

Room Tip: It's a little tricky to pull into the parking lot. The Runza Restaurant next door has a drive...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Horizon S, General Manager at Horizon Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
We do thank you and can't wait until you have the opportunity to stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lincoln, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had a reservation to stay at the West Point Horizon Inn and Suites on a business trip. I had to cancel at the last minute, around 9:00 p.m. the night of my reservation. The hotel charged me one night's stay, which is fine. I understood the hotel's policy and it is fair. When I contacted the hotel to let them know about the cancellation the staff was not pleasant, but rather abrupt and defensive. They agreed to provide me with a receipt for reimbursement, but never did. My business manager contacted them a couple days later to request a receipt and the staff was again abrupt, defensive and borderline rude, but eventually did provide a receipt. Due to the circumstances I cannot rate the facilities themselves, but I would recommend avoiding this hotel due to the unfriendly staff.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at the Horizon Inn for a conference. My room was nice, clean, big & comfortable. The beds were great & the bathroom was huge. It did have the wheelchair accessible symbol on the door, so perhaps the room was larger for that reason. Breakfast was good with many options; served in a large dining room. Loved the mugs in the room, rather than Styrofoam cups. Cold bottled water in the frig that you didn't get charged extra was also a nice touch.
Loved my stay here, & had no problems with outside noise. Would definitely stay again when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Room 117 was great.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We do thank you and can't wait to see you again!
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have stayed here before so when we were planning on visiting my niece and her family we decided to stay again. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast area is large and food is very good. Coffee machine makes a fresh cup every time. We even get a couple of cold bottled waters in the refrigerator in the room. Beds are also very comfortable so this would be good for an extended stay. WiFi spped is very good.

Room Tip: Pick rooms on the back side to avoid traffic noise as there are a lot of trucks passing by. We had...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The room was spacious and clean. The only problem we experienced was that it was musty. Breakfast was good, and staff was friendly and accommodating. Small pool available and Wi-Fi.
Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: No elevators, so if you need access, book a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at the Horizon for one night because we were in the area for a funeral. Our room was large and very clean, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast room was spacious, the food was good, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Since we were in the middle of nowhere, we felt fortunate to find this gem at a reasonable rate. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in Room 110, which was quiet and easily accessible from the lobby and breakfast area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Garden Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were stuck here for three nights. The rooms are clean and large, but do not stay in room 200 which is right next to the truck plaza, where the drivers leave their engines on all the time to stay cool and makes it difficult to sleep. Did not sleep well for three nights. This is the only option really in this town. My husband thought breakfast was marginal. The staff is quite nice and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Horizon Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!