“Needs Improvement” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manzanilla
Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Club
You added Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Club to your Saves list
33-36 Calypso Rd, Manzanilla, Trinidad   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manzanilla
Trinidad and Tobago
“Needs Improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one day. The experience was not impressive to me. The place is a beautiful spot but the building is just run down. Check-in was slow but the gentleman was helpful. The room smelled old and the sheets were dusty. The balcony had a good view of the ocean. At the end of the day I thought maybe it was the time we chose to stay there. We did not try the food. We checked out earlier than what was paid for because we were both displeased by the service. I will not be revisiting in the future unless improvements have been made.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went to the hotel for my anniversary. The stay was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and chef Juinor prepared some of the tastiest dishes ever. The bar was well stocked, the pool was excellent and the view was very relaxing. Looking forward to a longer stay soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My stay at the Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Club was amazing. Our room was The Toucan. It was clean, there was a/c in the room which was working properly. The food was tasty (breakfast, lunch and dinner). The view of the beach was wonderful. The pool was the best. It was clean at all times and there is a deck over the pool to relax with the family. I enjoyed the short stay and I want to go back for a longer stay

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

in my opinion it was excellent. the room in which we stayed was clean..a/c was working...the food....excellent..breakfast lunch and dinner...bar was well stocked....the view was great...great for the entire family...also the pool and overhead deck view of the sea...full security...the room in which we stayed was the toucan....enjoyed the short stay...going back soon for a bit longer stay...

Room Tip: the higher floor have a better view of the ocean..
Arima, Arima, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

my time at the Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Club was the best. the room which was given to us was the hibiscus room it was excellent, the view was breath taking, the pool was clean the water was not too cold or too warm it was perfect! the children all enjoyed themselves!

Room Tip: the higher floors have a very very nice view of the beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

D Coconut Cove was a very nice experience. I attended a party there and stayed until the next day. The room I got which was the Cocrico Room had a breathtaking view of the ocean and the pool to which as i am sure you have seen from other travellers' photos. The staff were very helpful and tried to assist us in anyway that they possibly could, which I was very greatful for. However the establishment is in need of some maintenance as well as the road to get there. I would suggest that you walk with your toiletries and towels during your visit. All in all I would suggest that anyone who would like to spend some time there, have a site visit first and make sure that everything is to your expectation and in proper working order. Also make sure that all arrangements are made clear and that each party involved understands what is expected of them. D Coconut Cove has potential but it needs some work to bring it out.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting an upstairs room if you can as the views are much nicer.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Tobago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Visited this 'hotel' in August 2011 for the second week of my honeymoon having spent the first in Tranquility Bay in Antigua. I chose this hotel because of the favourable reviews I saw on Trip advisor. My wife and I were in for a shock; a big anticlimax as compared to our previous week's experience. There was no life; no tourism energy in the atmosphere. Firstly, the dirt road to the property is filled with massive pot holes. It’s a challenge to get to and from the property. The landscaping along the path is not very inviting. Lots of bush; some old looking buildings; man-scarred lands. Then, there's not much to keep you entertained while you're there. It's basically your room, restaurant/bar, swimming pool or beach. No cable TV, only DVD’s that you can borrow from the hotel. Warning, the DVD’s advertised on the case may not be what you are getting when you put it in. They are all mixed up.
The AC in our first room malfunctioned and we had to be switched. The bathrooms and plumbing are in need of a makeover. They feel old. On one occasion, water went while I was showering. On another occasion, I politely went to inquire about the cleaning service and some other challenges and left feeling snubbed by a staff member. She gets zero for hospitality. By the way, cleaning is supposedly done only upon request. The towels felt tired and were discoloured. I did not get the feeling of "clean".
On the plus side, the view of the ocean from a sea view apartment is great. The perpetual sound of the waves is therapeutic. The sunrises are astounding. Lots of beach to explore, though not of the highest quality. Reservation and reception made the effort to be as accommodating as possible.
This might be a nice place to hold a remote weekend pool party, but it's no luxury resort. It's more like a guest house with a pool and bar.

Room Tip: take an Ocean View upstairs room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Club? Share your experiences!