“best beach party ever” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Manzanilla
Arima, Arima, Trinidad and Tobago
“best beach party ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

my time at the Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Club was the best. the room which was given to us was the hibiscus room it was excellent, the view was breath taking, the pool was clean the water was not too cold or too warm it was perfect! the children all enjoyed themselves!

Room Tip: the higher floors have a very very nice view of the beach
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

D Coconut Cove was a very nice experience. I attended a party there and stayed until the next day. The room I got which was the Cocrico Room had a breathtaking view of the ocean and the pool to which as i am sure you have seen from other travellers' photos. The staff were very helpful and tried to assist us in anyway that they possibly could, which I was very greatful for. However the establishment is in need of some maintenance as well as the road to get there. I would suggest that you walk with your toiletries and towels during your visit. All in all I would suggest that anyone who would like to spend some time there, have a site visit first and make sure that everything is to your expectation and in proper working order. Also make sure that all arrangements are made clear and that each party involved understands what is expected of them. D Coconut Cove has potential but it needs some work to bring it out.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting an upstairs room if you can as the views are much nicer.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Tobago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Visited this 'hotel' in August 2011 for the second week of my honeymoon having spent the first in Tranquility Bay in Antigua. I chose this hotel because of the favourable reviews I saw on Trip advisor. My wife and I were in for a shock; a big anticlimax as compared to our previous week's experience. There was no life; no tourism energy in the atmosphere. Firstly, the dirt road to the property is filled with massive pot holes. It’s a challenge to get to and from the property. The landscaping along the path is not very inviting. Lots of bush; some old looking buildings; man-scarred lands. Then, there's not much to keep you entertained while you're there. It's basically your room, restaurant/bar, swimming pool or beach. No cable TV, only DVD’s that you can borrow from the hotel. Warning, the DVD’s advertised on the case may not be what you are getting when you put it in. They are all mixed up.
The AC in our first room malfunctioned and we had to be switched. The bathrooms and plumbing are in need of a makeover. They feel old. On one occasion, water went while I was showering. On another occasion, I politely went to inquire about the cleaning service and some other challenges and left feeling snubbed by a staff member. She gets zero for hospitality. By the way, cleaning is supposedly done only upon request. The towels felt tired and were discoloured. I did not get the feeling of "clean".
On the plus side, the view of the ocean from a sea view apartment is great. The perpetual sound of the waves is therapeutic. The sunrises are astounding. Lots of beach to explore, though not of the highest quality. Reservation and reception made the effort to be as accommodating as possible.
This might be a nice place to hold a remote weekend pool party, but it's no luxury resort. It's more like a guest house with a pool and bar.

Room Tip: take an Ocean View upstairs room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Since I went back to school it's just been study study and study some more. This weekend I took some quiet time at a very very nice resort, D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort in Manzanilla. The view at sunrise is absolutely epic the local cuisine is world class. The staff made sure our stay was very pleasant. Actually I was lucky to have gotten a room since the resort was host to a wedding and honeymoon this weekend. After lunch when most of the wedding party guest checked out the owner himself offered me an extra day at a discounted price complete with meals I'll definitely be coming back after exams,.

Room Tip: Poolside for sure.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Stroud
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The photographs of this hotel are very deceptive. Yes, from a distance it does look like the brochure, but as one would expect, all the photographs are carefully edited and framed. The hotel suffers from the effects of a corrosive beachfront location on the cheapest building materials available. I arrived at the hotel purely by accident after the one I was supposed to be staying in down the road was closed. At first all looked promising when the manager kept the chef on late to cook for us although it was only 8pm. At the half finished reception he quoted us $100 per person per night, which seemed outrageously expensive but I think he could see we would have paid anything for a room at that time of night. For that price, we had high expectations which were very quickly dashed.

All the rooms looked to be similar and are named after the islands' wildlife inhabitants. My room was D'Toucan; the plastic delaminating nameplate covered in paint splatters was barely attached to the very thin front door from which most of the paint had peeled. After an hour long search a key was finally found which fitted the badly corroded D'Toucan lock. Strangely it had the name D'Pelican on it, a room three doors down from mine but it transpired that all the room keys opened D'Pelican and the D'Pelican key fitted some of the others including mine.

The front door to my room was so flimsy that it could have been simply pushed open with very little force. This was of particular concern as I was in Trinidad on a filming trip and I had a lot of very expensive camera equipment in my room. To add to the security nightmare, we found the main gate to the hotel compound wide open and unattended the following morning. The sliding aluminum doors opening from my room to the semi-private patio were as flimsy as the room door and frequently jammed.

The doors to the fitted wardrobes were so badly warped that some were wedged permanently open while other could not be opened at all. When I finally managed to force one open it concealed an array of disintegrating shelves and a rusty fuse box with bare wires hanging out. of it.

Like the concrete paving outside the room, the tile floors of the bedroom and the ensuite bathroom were spattered with paint making the whole hotel look as though it had been very carelessly built and maintained.

In the bathroom, the shower curtain was old and stained and the shower tray crudely thrown together with concrete and chipped tiles. The shower head spluttered rather than drenched although there was hot water.

The basin was hanging off the wall with the waste pipe broken so water simply poured onto the floor The bathroom smelled predominantly of drains.

Outside the swimming pool looked inviting, but on the one occasion I had time to use it, I couldn't see my feet in 4' of water.

The hotel is in an amazing position right on the wild palm fringed beach which stretches for miles in both directions. Sadly though, the hotel frontage onto the beach is made up partly of a crumbling and subsiding wall and partly of an ugly jumble of broken concrete. Once this obstacle has been negotiated and you are finally dipping those toes in the warm Atlantic Ocean
you are confronted with mile upon mile of beach strewn with brightly coloured plastic rubbish.

On the plus side, my AC worked well and the food in the dining room was surprisingly good even though there was no choice and it came ready plated up. The beer was cold.

It's easy to see the potential of this bit of the coastline, but unless someone cleans up the beach, it doesn't matter how gorgeous or otherwise the hotel is, there seems very little to attract visitors.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I hosted my sisters baby shower, the management were so accommodating, they transformed the guest room to a beautiful " mini wedding reception" with the full works, it was amazing, I was so pleased so happy with the out come, we all had a blast in the swimming poolwhile the staff entertained us with good music. When it was time to go we were all tired and happy, we arranged to have soup before we left, but we decided to take it with us, however they did not have any take away containers, the staff was so generous and helpful that they left the resort to buy them for us, overall we had a great experience.

• Stayed February 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Looking forward to getting away from it all? Try d'Coconut Cove. This hotel is secluded on a stretch of open beach with crashing waves. The staff is friendly, the rooms are spacious, and the food is great. The hotel has free wireless.

Room Tip: Try staying as far from the bar as possible. That way you maximize the sound of the waves and minimi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Club? Share your experiences!